Higher Level Armour Overpriced?

Lap

Just wondering, a lot of people (I noticed) posted on how Bandos armour should not be worth the amount of money it costs to buy it, and that the Dragon armour sets are far too expensive for their bonuses. So what do you guys think?

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Definitely. Past rune, no one buys armour in full sets until really high levels because its too expensive. How many level 70's can afford full dragon? Dragon full helm and Dragon Platebody, even the dragon chainbody are ridiculously overpriced compared to d med helm and d legs. 3A is a bit different though. They are like party hats.

I think I understand. Dragon isnt a real armour, persay, it's more novelty. I *think* Jagex had said that once, or hinted it.

As for Bandos, it's perfectly priced, since everyone in RuneScape loves strength! Not to mention it's quite rare.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Bragging rights are worth more than the stats themselves.

fixed.

yeah ... sadly

true its like legs and skirts, they offer the same bonuses but legs cost a lot more.

Skirts are statistically better and not as rare.

the reason it is high priced is so people can look cool with expensive stuff and alot of people are willing to pay to look rich.

that and if it wasnt high priced people wouldnt seek the drops as much leaving fewer in the game... which would raise the price and your back to square one lmao =D>

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

The top tier items are worth more because there is nothing better.

Look at Classic. Rune was worth hundreds of mill. It eventually went down as supply increased and dragon was introduced.

Plus, like others said, looks>stats.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

fixed.

yeah ... sadly

true its like legs and skirts, they offer the same bonuses but legs cost a lot more.

But skirts still cost less. :roll: That's what we're getting at.

fixed.

yeah ... sadly

But skirts still cost less. :roll: That's what we're getting at.

I know...

Posting something someone hasnt said and probably only 1/8th of P2P knows (1/4th of TIF maybe) is always helpful.

And to Est, Str is highly overrated, especially bonuses.

Have you ever given thought to the possiblity that everyone rates strength highly for a reason?

I think the reason is being obsessed about the max hit being 1-2 higher.

2dvjurb.png

Have you ever given thought to the possiblity that everyone rates strength highly for a reason?

yeah but you also have to take into consideration that at some point, slightly better str bonus is better than higher attack bonus. for example, VS a low def monster or opponent, having additional attack bonus will not result in significant hit rates, while having a better str bonus garantees that you will have better overall damage dealt.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Because, particularly in pvp a few hits higher means more KO potential.

Of course, with auto-skull and everything its more of a fashion statement now, but hey.

And strength increases your average hit apparently, so if you can already hit consistently, its more useful than an attack bonus.

O.O

yeah but you also have to take into consideration that at some point, slightly better str bonus is better than higher attack bonus. for example, VS a low def monster or opponent, having additional attack bonus will not result in significant hit rates, while having a better str bonus garantees that you will have better overall damage dealt.

That is a good point, on monsters with really low defence strength bonus would be more important. But, if you care that much about faster xp you should be using 10% strength or piety, and wear some prayer boosting armour (pros top/verac skirt for example) instead of bandos. Your point still holds true for the dfs/defender and warrior/zerker options though.

2dvjurb.png

[hide=Quite long.]

That is a good point, on monsters with really low defence strength bonus would be more important. But, if you care that much about faster xp you should be using 10% strength or piety, and wear some prayer boosting armour (pros top/verac skirt for example) instead of bandos. Your point still holds true for the dfs/defender and warrior/zerker options though.

[/hide]

I'll give it to langer for bringing a good point up, :thumbup: , but if thats where it's important why would you use bandos? I mean, with bandos you have high defence, attack and strength obviously, so why would you fight low-level and low defence monsters? Wouldnt it be more.. high level things?

For sure. Take 3rd Age for example. That sstuff is junk for stats, but basically the most expensive thing in the game. Armor prices should go down for dragon, bandos and barrows as well as god swords. They're powerful, but not that much to justify that much money.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

For sure. Take 3rd Age for example. That sstuff is junk for stats, but basically the most expensive thing in the game. Armor prices should go down for dragon, bandos and barrows as well as god swords. They're powerful, but not that much to justify that much money.

thats true but theres just not egnough of the stuff in the game, and a lot of people want it. thats why the prices are so high.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.