What makes you who you are?

Guest Rob

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm probably the only guy on this forum who thinks :twss: is pathetic, uncool, not funny and should be deleted. :roll:

No, not even close.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I made my 7th, 8th and 9th grade baseball team, and I started playing in late 6th grade.. Only like 3 months and I made the 7th grade team :D

I have a truck with flames

I like country music

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I am capable of remembering the most trivial stuff without paying attention (there are a maximum of 65,535 I/O ports on a computer) yet I cannot remember anything I am taught.

fruity-pebbles.jpg

I eat these, awwwwww yeah.

Hey man, can I come over one morning for breakfast?

My fingerprint.

Actually your fingerprint is not entirely unique, I have read before a few cases of people having the same fingerprint, but it is 3 in the morning and I'm not up for finding them.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think i'm probably the only guy on this forum who thinks :twss: is pathetic, uncool, not funny and should be deleted. :roll:

No, not even close.

Thank god for that.

I agree. :twss:

Zierro is getting angry ... hehe.

No, that's just how I talk on the internet. Try not to take it too personally when I disagree with you Adrenal. I'm pretty sure I disagreed with everyone on this site at least once so far. I just like to argue and can't really control how friendly I sound over a computer. I have debates with my girlfriend and say pretty much the same stuff so it's not like I'm angry - just argumentative. She doesn't take it to heart, because that's just what I do. I like to argue vigorously and I hope for you to do it right back to me. Sorry if I offended you and sorry if my differences are too much for you to handle. :P

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And the worst argument I've seen you come up with. When did I say all people are the same because they share the same most of their codon groupings ?

It didn't come out as well as I intended, but my point is that we can call everything the same on this "macro level" you're talking about, and I think that's just plain stupid. On the macro level, everything is essentially the same because we can think of at least one similarity for everything, no matter how trivial and meaningless. For the case of human beings, it is probably that we all have hopes, goals, dreams, skin, fingers, we breathe, we are driven by our desires, bla bla bla - everything that practically defines what a human is. But the thing is, all of those things are different for each of us. Yeah, we might all have dreams and fingers but no two dreams or fingers are exactly alike. They are each unique. And saying, "We all have dreams and fingers so therefore we're essentially the same (even though those dreams and fingers are different)," is just as dumb as saying, "All colors are essentially the same because they're all colors." Yeah, but what the hell is the important thing here? The fact that we all have those things that make us human in the first place and what makes a color a color in the first place, or how we distinguish them from each other?

Perhaps you should take a step back and ask me to clarify what I'm saying instead of barking like a angry internet justice league member.

Ok, I explained myself. Your turn.

Orange juice.

Eh, it's okay on occasions but overrated if you ask me. I wasn't kidding about wanting an answer though.

No, not even close.

Thank god for that.

That wasn't even funny in the slightest.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

No, not even close.

Thank god for that.

Exactly the point.

[hide=Longish]

Sorry if I offended you and sorry if my differences are too much for you to handle. :P

Not at all. :thumbup:

You came quicker off the bat than previous times.

My point is that we can call everything the same on this "macro level" you're talking about, and I think that's just plain stupid

Yes. You yourself are cherrypicking these "traits.

On the macro level, everything is essentially the same because we can think of at least one similarity for everything, no matter how trivial and meaningless.

No. That's the micro level.

For the case of human beings, it is probably that we all have hopes, goals, dreams, skin, fingers, we breathe, we are driven by our desires, bla bla bla - everything that practically defines what a human is.

Drivel.

Yeah, we might all have dreams and fingers but no two dreams or fingers are exactly alike. They are each unique.

Babble. I'm talking about something greater.

Yeah, but what the hell is the important thing here? The fact that we all have those things that make us human in the first place and what makes a color a color in the first place, or how we distinguish them from each other?

This is not about mundane, and transmutable traits. Not on the issues of humans, or the spectrum of colours but rather the patterns that people follow that make their lives, "their" lives.[/hide]

Zierro, perhaps continue this via PM ?

This is not about mundane, and transmutable traits. Not on the issues of humans, or the spectrum of colours but rather the patterns that people follow that make their lives, "their" lives.

So the macro level is conveniently everything that we already have in common (we all use logic to solve problems), and the micro level is all our differences (the actual approach of our logic)? Saying Hitler and Ghandi are essentially the same is a bit of a stretch though, don't you think? Yes, they were both leaders with many followers, had some pretty out-there ideas, etc. etc. There's a vast difference between these two though. Hitler was speaking of selfish and violent ideals while Ghandi was speaking of the exact opposite. You can't call these two people "essentially the same" just because they had ideas - what their ideas were is the important thing, and doesn't rely on crazy semantics nearly as much.

Oh and I'm not cherrypicking here. You did say everyone is essentially the same, so Ghandi and Hitler are essentially the same too. The only similarities I can see in them is that they have skin, dreams, (everything you considered drivel), and the biggest one is that they have out-there ideals. Can you tell me what exactly makes Hitler and Ghandi essentially the same?

Zierro, perhaps continue this via PM ?

Why do you ask people to talk through PM right after you post publicly? I like when other people have the ability to jump in and give their opinions.

This is in regards to Adrenal and Zierro's macro vs. micro discussion.

Oh, and please do make this a public argument, it is on topic, so I don't see why not.

My answer for why humans are not unique is not because of some universal trait held by all humans: being made of atoms, all having hopes & dreams, and whatnot. Given the number of humans who have existed, we just aren't one-of-a-kind in any way. Sure none of us are direct copies of someone else in every way possible, but lets say, for example, I was a person who had the mentality that led me to be obsessed with writing notes on green post-it notes then posting them on my wall, loved expressing myself in spontaneous sonnets, and jogged 10 miles everyday.

While someone somewhere else in the world may not take a liking to those exact same things, they might still have nearly an identical mindset. Most of the answers in this thread like "I'm a rad skateboarder" and the like really aren't describing person as much as their upbringing and culture.

Humans aren't unique, there is simply an illusion of uniqueness in that one-dimensional viewpoint. Again, I'm not saying all humans have the same mind, body, etc. I'm saying that given the billions of people that have existed, it'd be inaccurate to ascribe a word such as unique to any of us. After all, how many different kinds of personalities are there? I estimate that in a broad sense, there is around 50, and if you examine as close as observationally possible, you may find yourself noticing anywhere from a couple thousand to a million or so personalities.

While coloring a piece of paper, burnt sienna mixed with purple may seemingly be a unique color, it is not.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Can we just change the title to "What rare traits do you have"? It's really a given you're not unique if you count the billions of people that are alive and the billions of people that are dead. :|

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Can you tell me what exactly makes Hitler and Ghandi essentially the same?

They both had hair ?

Oh, wait.

Why do you ask people to talk through PM right after you post publicly?

1.) I might be going off-topic, thus frowned upon by mods

2.) Inconvenience to other posters

3.) Easier

4.) It was a question not a request

I'm pretty boring, so what l0rd just said - I'll go with that. I'm keeping TIF on the low for the next 2 months. Work and all.

See you all again soon.

-I am a FIGHTER, not a lover lol.

-I get angry extremely easily, and if you get in my way, chances are I'm going to punch you in the face.

-I always get A's on my tests but my overall grades are pretty low. (2.0s)

-I'm 13, yet I've already gone to 3rd base. (..Don't ask.)

-My first kiss was on a dare. I just wanted to get it over with.

-My love for music is undescribable, no other love in the world can compare to it.

-I have a 8 foot tower of shoe boxes. (Containing; Nike SB, DC's, DVS, Adio, and the such.)

-I know a TON of fighting styles. (Aikido, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Judo, Wing Chun)

-I like ponies although I am a boy.

-My first ever gaming console was a Dreamcast. o.o

-I have been known to change my clothing styles alot. For example In 6th grade I dressed like a prep, 7th i dressed like a skater, and now i just dress like a scenie :P

-My hair is where most of my self esteem is. If you cut it, my confidence is taken away, and my personality changes.

No, not even close.

Thank god for that.

Exactly the point.

:twss:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Changing title. When I said "unique", I meant the list of traits that made you who you are.

Would have changed it earlier, but i've been away for a while.

Let me see...

1. Paranoia about people/friends talking about me behind my back

2. My love for books and reading, particularly encouraging young people to read more

3. Disinterest in the lives of my parents

4. Serious obsession with computers & the internet

5. No social life (see above)

6. Addictions to Smartprice Chocolate, sometimes ASDA mini chocolate bites. I used to be on Strawberry Shoelaces but ASDA changed them and they got rubbish :(

7. I pick up things fast and like to think I can figure things out

8. I NEVER wear make-up or dress up all fancy like.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Long hair.

Extremely good at useless facts.

The last half year i wore a brown brimmed hat to school.

Geek but I can neither code or have great grades.

As good as no caring about my popularity.

Kinda childish.

Lazy.

Smart, strong and somewhat good-lookin.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

i like to spend more time indoors, away from people. it gives me a clearer thinking and less stress. also, i don't think solitude is a mental problem.

i'm also an avid coin collector. i managed to buy this off eBay for like $15 USD and i always ask my mom to give me unique looking coins.

i don't always follow societys norms. i sometimes like to watch tv shows made for 6 yr old kids since its kind of cute, and still stick with Nintendo games at my age.

I'm not scared to do really stupid stuff, my curiosity > self control gets me sometimes.

I'm always thinking about making music, when I'm done with one song I'm making another.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!