Calling all chefs (or anyone who likes food actually)

ShakaKhan70

I'm not much of a cook myself, but I thought it would be neat to have a place to share tasty recipies that you know or have invented, favorite meals, quick but tasty meals, good snacks, etc. Also, any culture specific foods would be awsome to hear about, I'm always looking for something new.

heres one I came up for unfrosted pop tarts since I dislike the frosted ones so much:

get an unfrosted pop tart of your favorite flavor, spread some butter on the top (you may want to microwave it for a few seconds to soften it up), sprinkle some brown sugar, a little cinnamon, or anything else you think might taste good on it, and then stick it in the microwave for about 15 seconds (or however long it takes to melt the butter a bit depending on the microwave), and once it's ready, enjoy. You might also try toasting it a bit before putting everything else on if you like it a bit crunchier and want the filling to be warm

Ahh... I myself am a Chef but I really dont have a secret or special dish. You really dont have the time or well I dont too think of anything that creative. Usually when im hungry and need something realy quick I make something out of french bread. I take the end of it because we dont use them and remove all the bread thats inside so its like a little cup. Throw some mozz cheese in there and put it in the conventional oven for a minute or two and wah lah, you have cheese bread made in a matter of a minute! :P

Pop tarts with toppings. That's gotta be bad for you. :lol:

Anyways, here's my PRO recipe. Quick, easy, and it tastes good. I've even perfected it!

1. Get a bowl

2. Pour cereal

3. Pour milk

4. Serve

:wink: I can't cook much without a microwave, lol.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Anyways, here's my PRO recipe. Quick, easy, and it tastes good. I've even perfected it!

1. Get a bowl

2. Pour cereal

3. Pour milk

4. Serve

Dam. Which culinary institude teaches recipes THAT complicated?!? :shock:

I can make a hell of an ice water, but I'd never reveal my secrets.

Hehe, I had a recipe exchange topic at scapeboard, lol. I made pictures of what I did and so, it was lunchrecipes basically.

Anyway, one of my all time favorites for lunch, and done in 5 minutes. :o

1 person

ingredients:

5 slices of bread (white or brown, roasted or non roasted)

1 can of tunafish.

1 and a half good spoons with mayonaise

A bit of chili sauce (optional)

This stuff, I really don't know the English ame, so you guys have to look at the pic and say what it is. They do it on pizza too.

Gerkins (optional)

some peper.

well, roast your slices of bread.

Throw the tuna (without all the oil that's in the can!) in a small bowl, add the mayonaise. Add all the other ingredients, mix it, add some pepper, mix it. Then spread it on your bread. It's really delicious. :D

I'll put up my recipe of an awesome pasta salad later this morning. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

1. Get a bowl

2. Pour cereal

3. Pour milk

4. Serve

You stole my recipe, mine isn't just cereal though..it is crispix. No Weatbix,fruitloops mumbo jump but just Crispix. Plain Chocolate Crispix..I could go on all day

deadforumslol.png

half a dozen slices of bread

cheese

line the cheese up in a 3x2 cover it in cheese, throw it in the griller for like... 10-15 minutes I guess and you're done. A bit of tomato never hurts either.

Not a bad substitute for pizza if you're running short on key indrediants for making the bases (and if you don't have pre-made ones :P)

Stuff with chicken :D just take a white flour tortilla (raw), and fill it with mayonaise (add garlic powder), swiss cheese, diced tomato, bacon, and lettuce...

And for potatoes - dice a potatoe, put it in a frying pan (hot hot hot), with 2 tbl spoons vegetable oil...

beforehand - add onion salt, thyme, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper to the vegetable oil before you put the potatoes in for flavour...

Oh and roastbeef on a tortilla with sourcream, tomato, cheese, and lettuce is sweet too :)

Hmm.... I'd post a sweet macaroni salad recipe but it would take forever :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

those look like olives daan, not much there that looks the same imo

They're sort of related to olives, I think. But they're not olives. Because an Olive is an Olijf in Dutch, and these thigns are "kappers". :P

21o4pav.jpg

1 good "snack"

Take 2 slices of bread, put them in a griller for like 1-2 mins, so they get roasted. Then put some butter on the both slices, add some ham and cheese(you may add something else in there, put ALOT of ham and cheese in it) put the 2 slices of bread together, put in griller for 1-2 mins and you've got something good and fast :P

1 good "snack"

Take 2 slices of bread, put them in a griller for like 1-2 mins, so they get roasted. Then put some butter on the both slices, add some ham and cheese(you may add something else in there, put ALOT of ham and cheese in it) put the 2 slices of bread together, put in griller for 1-2 mins and you've got something good and fast :P

That's a tosti, or as the French call it, a Croque Monsieur (sp?). :P

croque.jpg

21o4pav.jpg

1 good "snack"

Almost like Jaffles but not quite :P

I think I'm quite handy with the old culinary skills but here's one of my favourites which anyone can try.

1) Order a pizza from your local pizza magic: Deep pan 8" Mighty meat pizza (basically, the most meat and littlest veg you can find) and ask for home delivery.

2) Prepare the oven at 200oC and place a Goodfellas pepperoni pizza inside.

3) Wait 20 minutes, remove the pizza from the oven and collect the pizza from the delivery man.

4) Next, very quickly, turn your pepperoni pizza upside down and place it on top of the Mighty Meat pizza, creating a sandwhich effect

5) Sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese over the top and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt.

6) Remove and experience tastebud heaven...and calorie hell :D

This stuff, I really don't know the English ame, so you guys have to look at the pic and say what it is. They do it on pizza too.

They look like capers to me.

Ah, then I was almost right! I searched for "cappers" but it didn't come up with anything, not even with "did you mean "capers"?"

Bubsa, that sounds like one hell of a killer pizza, lol.

21o4pav.jpg

This is one i used a lot in the summer, when i was looking for a quick and easy lunch, that was tasty and didn't require that many ingredients. It's simply sauteed potatoes, sliced bacon, seafood mix (if you have, not required) and some fresh salad to garnish. Simply put some olive oil in a frying pan, thinly slice some new potatos that have already been cooked, and put in a fridge (last nights new potatoes are ideal). Cook the potatoes in the pan on a high heat, then when they are nearly done, turn the heat down and add a few rashers of bacon chopped into strips, with some seafood mix if you have any. When the potatoes are nice and crispy and the bacon cooked to your taste, serve on a plate, garnish with salad and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Yum :)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Right. So seeing as I am a student and live on my own, I have to cook, too. As some of you will know, most students love pasta. One reason is that you can put cooked pasta in the fridge, and warm it up in the microwave the next day, meaning you have to cook less, and still get healthier food compared to getting microwave meals from the local wal-mart.

So, my pasta recipe:

For two persons (or one person, but two portions, so you can put half in the fridge) you need:

1 onion

mushrooms, about 125 gram

creme fraiche, one small plastic thingy (about 125ml / gram, I believe)

sliced bacon, about 100 gram.

macaroni, spaghetti or some other pasta, about 250 gram

First things first: wash the mushrooms and cut them in slices. Cut up the onion (yes, that sucks for your eyes, can't help it. Then again, it's okay to cry, isn't it Smavey? ;) ) Mix the mushrooms and onion in a bowl or whatever.

Next, put the bacon in a pan, and cook it light-brown (careful not to burn it!), that should take roughly 10 minutes. Now, use some kitchen paper to remove most of the fat from the pan, to leave just the bacon behind (you don't want all the grease and fat in your sauce!).

Put the onion and mushroom in the pan with the bacon. Cook this for another 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, put up a pan with water, and cook it until it boils. Lower the fire / use less power, and put in the pasta. If you're using spaghetti, and don't want to break it, put the ends in, they will soften as you go along. When the pasta is entirely in the pan (in the case of spaghetti), cook it for another 8-10 minutes.

~~~~!

Okay, edit. From what I've experienced so far, the creme fraiche tends to dry out a bit when left in the fridge for a day (as part of a meal). So, if you intend to keep part of what you're making in the fridge, I suggest keeping it there *without* the creme fraiche, and add that when you're warming it up. So add only half of the creme in the next step, to only half of the prepared onion, mushroom and bacon. Store the half without creme and the remainder of the creme in the fridge. Make sure you store the creme in something that's closed tight (tupperware box or whatever).

~~~~

When the onion, mushroom and bacon is done, take the lid off the creme fraiche, and turn it upside down above the pan (take it off the fire/furnace/stove, or it'll spatter you with hot stuff. Don't want that.). You may need to tap the bottom or use a knife to get the creme to fall out of the cup it's in. The creme fraiche will melt even without a furnace as the rest of the stuff in the pan is still hot. Mix it together, and add it to the pasta when you're done. Mix that too, and you're done. Have a nice meal ;-)

* runs off to eat the remainder of the above (I cooked it yesterday)

1 good "snack"

Almost like Jaffles but not quite :P

Yeah :D

I think I'm quite handy with the old culinary skills but here's one of my favourites which anyone can try.

1) Order a pizza from your local pizza magic: Deep pan 8" Mighty meat pizza (basically, the most meat and littlest veg you can find) and ask for home delivery.

2) Prepare the oven at 200oC and place a Goodfellas pepperoni pizza inside.

3) Wait 20 minutes, remove the pizza from the oven and collect the pizza from the delivery man.

4) Next, very quickly, turn your pepperoni pizza upside down and place it on top of the Mighty Meat pizza, creating a sandwhich effect

5) Sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese over the top and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt.

6) Remove and experience tastebud heaven...and calorie hell :D

I am ordering pizza tonight now, stuff what ever my mum cooks. I might just eat it infront of my porky sister aswell...sounds fun.

deadforumslol.png

My, well actually my mum's, but I can do it to, pasta salad!

Ingredients for 1 person:

Pasta (about 150/175 gram)

Tuna

Olive Oil

Vinegar

Prei (Don't know the English word so I just named it prei, look at the pic to see what it is.)

Mayonaise

A Red Hot Chili Pepper...Boy am I funny, I just meant a red chilli pepper

Sliced black olives

Some Salt n' Pepa. Ha, ha. Yet another awesome joke by me. Of course I meant Salt 'n Pepper

Put on the water, add some Olive Oil to the water and wait for it to boil. Add the pasta let it cook the time that says on the back of the products packaging (most of the time it is around 7 minutes).

Chop the chilli pepper in little slices, remove the seeds.

Slice very thin slices (this sound weird) the light green part of the Prei, the part between the white part, and the leaves.

2 good spoons of Vinegar. The spoon must be the size of the spoon at this picture.

Add half a spoon (same spoon) of mayonnaise to the vinegar.

Keep stirring till they kind of blend together.

Then add 3 spoons (same spoon) of olive oil to the vinegar and mayonnaise and stir it again. Add some pepper and salt. And thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the dressing you use.

After the pasta has cooled down a bit (semi-warm), mix it with your dressing, add your chilli pepper, your Prei, add the tuna, add the olives. Mix everything so thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s some dressing and tuna everywhere. When everything is mixed, use a little bit of pepper to finish the salad.

Grab a glass of rosÃÆÃâÃâé or water if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not allowed to drink alcohol or you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like it or w/e reason you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t drink. Go to the garden, put on some calm music, enjoy the sun and start your lunch.

If you want to make this for more than one person, just add everything to your own likings (so instead of one can of tuna, use two or w/e you like). BUT ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DRESSING 1/4 VINEGAR AND 3/4 OLIVE OIL!! If you got any other Q's about it, just ask.

21o4pav.jpg