Slayer Aids

TubbyMcFee

I finally got my Slayer Helm( :thumbsup: )and now i wanna take a break and get some stuff that will help me with slayer when i continue. I have Prosylyte Armor, and a Salve Amulet(e). So does anyone have any other suggestions? Quests, items, anything is appreciated. Thanks!

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

Do Recipe for Disaster and get the best gloves possible. I've done every subquest, acquired all the skills and got all the way up to mith in a day on my 1 defence/1 pray pure, so im sure you can do it.

Do Desert Treasure, if not already done, and you should raise Construction to get the teleports inside your home.

Do you mean supply-wise or item-wise?

Mostly item-wise because i just pick up supplies as needed.(like food and potions)

Also, if you intend to slay in future, definitely raise summon. Every level helps!

I plan on making a help thread on that soon ;)

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

Do you mean supply-wise or item-wise?

Mostly item-wise because i just pick up supplies as needed.(like food and potions)

Also, if you intend to slay in future, definitely raise summon. Every level helps!

Before posting multiple Help threads, check out the AOW, Beginner and General guides on this forum. There are hundreds of guides that will probably answer all your questions.

do you seriously ever read any of the guides posted or even the tipit help site? i'm not trying to be an [wagon] but there is such a thing called research though it doesn't hurt to ask for help. seems like you post just about every question that could be answered with your own research.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

It would be nice to know what you're using now, and what you plan on doing. Like if you're going to cannon some taskss, how many u plan on praying on and those you might skip or block.

If you don't have a Rune Defender yet, i would get it. If you are wearing a ring of wealth, either continue to wear it or get a Berserker/Warrior ring. I would do some more quests so you have a wider variety of tasks to choose from. Some quests give monsters some don't like to. You can look those up and decide to do them are not. Get the best RFD Gloves that you can.

If you like to range, and want to range some tasks i would suggest you get the Void Ranger outfit. It helps out for slaying if you decide to range.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I'd say do the seers achievemnt diary and get the enhanced excalibur. Definately the second best special in runescape for slaying, only second to SGS.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Get good equipment:

* Fury

* Guthans has its uses for those with no Bunyips

* Tassets > Verac skirt > Guthans/Dharock/Torag legs > Rune legs

* D boots

* Bandos body > Torso > Barrows body > Rune body

* Zerker ring > Warrior Ring

* Barrow gloves (no real substitute here ...)

* Rune def > DFS > other shields (except for dragons obviously)

Having Slayer rings is a good way of winning time. A nice stock of glories helps you bank faster. Lunar magic can be used to et new tasks from a bank. Aside from that, do a few quests from time to time and try to get Quest cape ...

Get Bunyips, they are an absolute must-use for serious Slaying 70+. Guthan's is useful for most tasks, and for tasks where you need more healing than a Bunyip can offer it helps a lot. A good guide on how to get Summoning started can be found in the Archive of Wisdom.

Barrows gloves are a must. They compliment everything Slayer quite well (except Fever Spiders of course).

A Rune Defender would be nice to go with a whip, and though it isn't necessary, a GodSword for specs or enchanted Excalibur would do you well to kill things faster. Good luck. ::'

Karamja Gloves 3 make getting to Duradel/Lapalok extremely easy if you prefer to stay on modern magic for tasks. (I do so I can alch drops on site)

A set of Torags (or Guthans armour) and a Bunyip can tank some tasks like Hellhounds where Bandos won't cut it.

The new range amulet is useful if you're ranging from safespots (Mutated Bloodvelds are quite good) as is the Void Knight set. Wait till it stabalises though.

Cannon if you're looking for fast xp at a price

If you're meleeing dragons a DFS is nice. It also works on Wyverns but those are best avoided.

If you've got the ranks an Onyx Ring (e) is worth looking into but its not worth going out of your way to get.

Duradel/Lapalok has been known to assign waterfiends so look into a crush weapon for these (I find them quite good with the helm bonus)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Jammy2222.png

Dragon Slayer Gloves, put them on at the end of a dragon kill for that extra exp.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

A few things that come to mind:

* enhanced excaliber: spec = hp

* decent familiars: i use mainly terrorbird, bunyip and golem (look for Inushakents Summonning guide in AoW)

* void range for safespotting

* cannon, if you can afford the cannonballs

* firecape helps in the long run + looks cool

* holy wrench: free prayer points

* karil and ss for waterfiends

* any godsword for gargoyles

* SGS: has best spec for Slayer

* about 30 glories, combat bracelets, rings of slaying, game necklaces, dueling rings for teleing

* pineapple pizzas for food (you can eat the whole thing as one, if you click fast enough)

* always use super set and prayer (10% strength boost)

Lol your title sounds like a new Runescape disease ...

Remember kids, use protection while slaying, or you could contract the deadly SLAYER AIDS VIRUS!

LMAO :D

Those poor Bloodvelds :cry: .

:lol:

OT: If you have a lot of spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, a Saradomin Sword isn't a bad investment as it does train strength faster and has a slight pray bonus.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It was mention that you should get a Torso over a Barrows Body.

I do not agree with this except for 2 reasons.

1) You enjoy playing Barbarian Assault, or

2) You already have the Torso.

If any of those 2 apply to you then get the Torso, if not then just get the barrows body, or bandos if you can afford it.

Also the SS will work just fine on gargoyles if you have one. Once you get stronger you won't even need it and can just use a whip on them.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

Get a rune defender if you haven't, Fire cape also.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Get a rune defender if you haven't, Fire cape also.

I don't think i quite have the level for a fire cape -.-

Nah you have the levels. The min are 70 range and 43 prayer.

The question though is, do you have the skill? *Insert music here*

The only advantage to higher skills is to make it easier, but thats only a small amount. I tried 3 times and still haven't got it. But a Fire Cape isn't really needed, its just something nice to have.

GWD: