10th August 2009 - Fur 'n' Seek (and Patch Notes)

Kirderf123

The last quest like this was a pain, this one is too...

It's boring and you get like 500 exp as a rewead..

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last quest like this was a pain, this one is too...

It's boring and you get like 500 exp as a rewead..

Sorry, but in addition to 2009 being the RS upgrade year, it is also the year of the 30 minute quest.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Has anyone killed the creature for this week yet? Maybe there are some other rewards we aren't aware of

No, they're aren't. They said they are not changing the exp reward and nothing else. It wasn't meant to be a D&D.

Has anyone killed the creature for this week yet? Maybe there are some other rewards we aren't aware of

No, they're aren't. They said they are not changing the exp reward and nothing else. It wasn't meant to be a D&D.

I'm... confused. The way you worded that's a bit funny. Are you saying that they're not changing the experience and the thing drops nothing else or that all they've said is that they're not changing the experience? Either way, that sucks.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm... confused. The way you worded that's a bit funny. Are you saying that they're not changing the experience and the thing drops nothing else or that all they've said is that they're not changing the experience? Either way, that sucks.

Yeah I really don't understand your wording there. They aren't changing the minimal XP you get from doing it weekly after the quest? Well, that's expected.

But what I was thinking was maybe they would throw in something special for the 2nd time you kill it after the quest (a drop or something) and keep it out of the knowledge base until tonight, considering that wish list was ridiculous for such a crummy reward.

Oh well I guess not :thumbdown:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Yes, I did word it poorly. They are not changing the exp reward nor are you going to be rewarded anything else. It's just a thing to kill once a week. :wall:

Yes, I did word it poorly. They are not changing the exp reward nor are you going to rewarded anything else. It's just a thing to kill once a week. :wall:

It just sucks. It took me four hours that day, and 4 tries of killing Bork to complete it :evil:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Yes, I did word it poorly. They are not changing the exp reward nor are you going to rewarded anything else. It's just a thing to kill once a week. :wall:

It just sucks. It took me four hours that day, and 4 tries of killing Bork to complete it :evil:

It does kinda suck, but it looks like the reward for completing the wishlist was the exp you got for it. The horror is just a little something extra, much like a hemorroid.

I think the intent behind making it a weekly thing was "Hey, that boss fight was really cool. It stinks that the players can only fight it once. Hey, I know! Let's let them fight it again!"

They just decided not to give it any drops or anything. It's just for fun.

I think the intent behind making it a weekly thing was "Hey, that boss fight was really cool. It stinks that the players can only fight it once. Hey, I know! Let's let them fight it again!"

So why not let players fight all boss monsters just for fun? I know! Cause no one will and the time spent programming will have been wasted.

The only way a feature like this is going to be used is if the reward justifies it. Considering how tough it is, giving you a fairly solid chance of death, and the expense of food and other consumables to fight it, no one's going to waste their time.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

So why not let players fight all boss monsters just for fun? I know! Cause no one will and the time spent programming will have been wasted.

The only way a feature like this is going to be used is if the reward justifies it. Considering how tough it is, giving you a fairly solid chance of death, and the expense of food and other consumables to fight it, no one's going to waste their time.

It's not tough at all, unless you mention the bone gathering which was just tedious. Just did it for this week, pretty much same thing as last week. Only takes bout 3 mins so that's nice with some free exp.

And it's not worth it to mage it, just melee.

The slayer xp was great for me, took like 30 second to kill (max strength bonus, salve ammy (e), d claws and sgs however :P) and the free teleport there makes it really quick to do.

I read a thread on the RSOF and they may be adding some drops to the monster like charms etc. which may give an even bigger reason to kill it.

imagangster.png

The slayer xp was great for me, took like 30 second to kill (max strength bonus, salve ammy (e), d claws and sgs however :P) and the free teleport there makes it really quick to do.

I read a thread on the RSOF and they may be adding some drops to the monster like charms etc. which may give an even bigger reason to kill it.

The charms drops is an interesting idea. Similar drops to Bork might make it worth doing weekly.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The charms drops is an interesting idea. Similar drops to Bork might make it worth doing weekly.

QFC: 15-16-683-59388179. I should have added it in my 1st post.
imagangster.png