10th August 2009 - Fur 'n' Seek (and Patch Notes)

Kirderf123

Don't worry anyone, I'm pretty sure that JaGEx will fix this problem of low exp a week. Or possibly include an awesome drop. Which would be pure win btw (give me a horror ribcage!).
Or nerf it. Don't forget that they might do that!

How could they nerf it any further? HOW???

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry anyone, I'm pretty sure that JaGEx will fix this problem of low exp a week. Or possibly include an awesome drop. Which would be pure win btw (give me a horror ribcage!).

I'm glad you asked.

"Hello all! It has come to our attention that the Skeletal Horror is simply not challenging enough for the rewards given! So, effective immediately, we have increased it's level to 640 and given it a magic attack. Have a good day!"

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm glad you asked.

"Hello all! It has come to our attention that the Skeletal Horror is simply not challenging enough for the rewards given! So, effective immediately, we have increased it's level to 640 and given it a magic attack. Have a good day!"

As I found out to my great misfortune when I tried praying melee against it, it already has a magic attack. A very painful one at that -.-

Jammy2222.png

As I found out to my great misfortune when I tried praying melee against it, it already has a magic attack. A very painful one at that -.-

I fought it in Skeletal and never saw the magic attack... \'

The boss fight's mechanics and animations were the best I've seen yet. Maybe they could make pieces of Kree'arra's and Graardor's armors fly off as they die, with a chance to repair them. Or pieces of edible jelly from Jellies! There are many possibilities.

Looking forward to localized damage.

Yeah... I solo'd Graardor for the Femur after two duo kills and two Bork kills. Killing General Graardor really isn't too difficult, and it was better than waiting another day for Bork which I don't kill normally.

The Ramskull Helmet(E) has some very slight differences in appearance. Unfortunately if you are one of those who crave status, someone who hasn't done the quest likely won't know the difference anyway. To be specific, there's now arches on the sides and top, but they're barely noticeable.

If anyone has had the Bonesack after it was updated but before they completed the second wishlist, please post any suspected difference in appearance...

2dgucz6.png

Alright, so the actual quest has very low requirements and rightly so gives a low leveled reward.

But how the [bleep] can the second wishlist have a, dare I say challenging requirement and a, once again dare I say challenging creature battle for a low level experience reward? (Not counting the first time)

*Waits for the inevitable response of "78 Slayer is not high noob/Skeletal Horror is easy noob" response from high leveled players who think they are the majority of Runescape*

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Alright, so the actual quest has very low requirements and rightly so gives a low leveled reward.

But how the [bleep] can the second wishlist have a, dare I say challenging requirement and a, once again dare I say challenging creature battle for a low level experience reward? (Not counting the first time)

*Waits for the inevitable response of "78 Slayer is not high noob/Skeletal Horror is easy noob" response from high leveled players who think they are the majority of Runescape*

I agree it needs to be nerfed upwards a bit.

If you compare the levels need, a time used to unlock it comapred to the Jade Vine is definitely harder to unlock.

Then look at the fact it's alot stronger than the Jade Vine to fight.

But Then the Jade Vine gives like 2k(?) slayer xp and is daily where as this only gives 1250xp a week.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you compare the levels need, a time used to unlock it comapred to the Jade Vine is definitely harder to unlock.

But Then the Jade Vine gives like 2k(?) slayer xp and is daily where as this only gives 1250xp a week.

Forgive me for maybe sounding stupid, but how do we know what the weekly exp rewards will be? I didn't see it anywhere in the manual. Did Jagex say somewhere what the rewards will be?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

got it on the 2nd try on bork luckily...disapointed from reward as all of ya, but we have a hope. i saw in one of ROSF recent updates theards that's mod emilee taking all feedback about the updates and discuss with "the right guys" on a change. hope it comes before 6 days pass ;)

QFC: 15-16-683-59388179

Forgive me for maybe sounding stupid, but how do we know what the weekly exp rewards will be? I didn't see it anywhere in the manual. Did Jagex say somewhere what the rewards will be?

yes it's in guide manual. go to skills -> slayer -> extra details and it's right there

want_a_box.png

Oh okay, didn't see that. Vine gives 2.5k exp per kill. This gives half and can only be done once a week.

Okay, now I'm sure I'll be blasted as a complainer for criticizing Jagex, but here goes anyway:

Why the hell should this need fixing in the first place? How in God's name couldn't they get this even remotely right the first time? Emilee, who I honestly feel bad for because she's gotta take the heat and relay this to this guys in charge, shouldn't have to even discuss this with them. Doesn't any of their programmers remember how much exp the Jade Vine gives? How does this get by them?

I have to ask this... after he left office in Jan.20th , did Geroge W. Bush take a 2 week vacation, then take over Runescape on Feb. 2nd? I mean, how do we know that picture of MMG is really him? Or if GWB wearing a very clever disguise? #-o

[hide=]

[/hide]

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... tal_horror

Every time you defeat it after the first will award you with 1,250 Slayer XP and 1,000 Prayer XP. To make it easier on your legs, after completing Fur 'n' Seek, he'll even enchant your bonesack or ram skull helm, giving it slightly better stats and the ability to teleport you to his shack, once per rebuild.

EDIT: oops, nvm. still keeping it here anyways. I don't really mind the reward really. I find it rather interesting when they announced that Aquanites would require 78 slayer, 500000 people went "TOO LOW", and now people are like omg I don't have 78 slayer, too hard!!!!!!.

[hide=]

[/hide]

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... tal_horror

Every time you defeat it after the first will award you with 1,250 Slayer XP and 1,000 Prayer XP. To make it easier on your legs, after completing Fur 'n' Seek, he'll even enchant your bonesack or ram skull helm, giving it slightly better stats and the ability to teleport you to his shack, once per rebuild.

It's an awful reward, but at least we don't have to walk there. Way to go. :thumbup:

*sigh* -.-

Thanks Bork:

femurbone.jpg

But I agree, the reward xp either needs to be increased (by tenfold), or the Horror should be a daily event for it to be anywhere near worthwhile.

The Jade vine is tons easier (I really only need an antipoison to survive through it) and it is quicker and it gives much more xp. The Skeletal horror on the other hand has high-hitting damage, and is far harder to be able to face (with a bare minimum of 73 Slayer, which is harder than Jade vine's 73 Woodcutting).

Unnerf plx!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I was wrong. This is Jagex just being more efficient. All their new updates come pre-nerfed. Saves them the time of doing it later. ;)

How many times are you going to post that you don't like this update (or any update for that matter)?

Oh, I like the update. I like the quest. I like the wishlist. I even like the monster being difficult to kill. Granted the quest wasn't particularly original, but meh.

I'm just saying the exp reward for killing the monster is lame. And now I'm going to make needling little jokes about it. If you don't like it, let me assure you, I absolutely don't care. Have a nice day. \'

When you look at the other daily/weekly chores in the game, the payout for this one seems a bit out of line.

AFAIAC, this is a good thing. There's already quite a long list of daily/weekly chores. It's becoming almost like a second job. I don't do Bork, the Jade Vine, the Phoenix and now I can feel free to not do this new one as well.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Oh, I like the update. I like the quest. I like the wishlist. I even like the monster being difficult to kill. Granted the quest wasn't particularly original, but meh.

I'm just saying the exp reward for killing the monster is lame. And now I'm going to make needling little jokes about it. If you don't like it, let me assure you, I absolutely don't care. Have a nice day. \'

I just noticed that you feel the need to whine continuously. Got a bit frustrated with Jagex? Or you just have nothing better to do than whine about an internet game all day?

I just noticed that you feel the need to whine continuously. Got a bit frustrated with Jagex? Or you just have nothing better to do than whine about an internet game all day?

It's not really whining. I'm a curmudgeon. I make jokes. I play the pessimist bit. I denigrate myself and others. I don't feel the need to do it. I enjoy doing it. I'm not frustrated with them. I just don't particularly agree with where they're taking the game at the moment. I don't really care. I'm not bothered by it. And oh yeah, It's not all day and it's like 3 days a week that I'm on here. I have a life. I can't spend all my time on here telling Jagex how great they are and blowing up up their [wagon] like you.

But if I'm honest, I'd still much rather be a whiner than a mark like you.

It's not really whining. I'm a curmudgeon. I make jokes. I play the pessimist bit. I denigrate myself and others. I don't feel the need to do it. I enjoy doing it. I'm not frustrated with them. I just don't particularly agree with where they're taking the game at the moment. I don't really care. I'm not bothered by it. And oh yeah, It's not all day and it's like 3 days a week that I'm on here. I have a life. I can't spend all my time on here telling Jagex how great they are and blowing up up their [wagon] like you.

Well, if it makes you happy... good for you.

I don't do Bork, the Jade Vine, the Phoenix and now I can feel free to not do this new one as well.

This is exactly how I feel. I think all of these could be great diversions. (I love the circus, for example.) But I don't do any of these because I can do better by simply training the skills normally. I do the circus every week because the xp cannot be matched in the same time anywhere else. (I particularly like the agility, which is a huge pain to train.) Surely Jagex could calculate a normal training rate of xp and give these just a slight boost over the norm? I suppose that Bork is supposed to be done for the blue charms, and maybe he's good for that for a lot of people, but I get more blue charms than I can use from ordinary slayer tasks.

punitivedsig.png

I don't do Bork, the Jade Vine, the Phoenix and now I can feel free to not do this new one as well.

This is exactly how I feel. I think all of these could be great diversions. (I love the circus, for example.) But I don't do any of these because I can do better by simply training the skills normally. I do the circus every week because the xp cannot be matched in the same time anywhere else. (I particularly like the agility, which is a huge pain to train.) Surely Jagex could calculate a normal training rate of xp and give these just a slight boost over the norm? I suppose that Bork is supposed to be done for the blue charms, and maybe he's good for that for a lot of people, but I get more blue charms than I can use from ordinary slayer tasks.

It's good for the charms or the exp. But both are pretty sweet considering it takes me all of 5 minutes to do. And circus is awesome.

And no, I wouldn't use the word "happy." I just find it entertaining, though not nearly as entertaining as how much it seems to bother everyone else that their is someone who doesn't blindly tell them how great the game is and they can't just dismiss me as a troll or something.

...The Ramskull Helmet(E) has some very slight differences in appearance. ...To be specific, there's now arches on the sides and top, but they're barely noticeable.

If anyone has had the Bonesack after it was updated but before they completed the second wishlist, please post any suspected difference in appearance...

Come on... I'm curious. ::'

2dgucz6.png

...The Ramskull Helmet(E) has some very slight differences in appearance. ...To be specific, there's now arches on the sides and top, but they're barely noticeable.

Come on... I'm curious. ::'

The Bonesack(e) is darker and has a second band around it. Oh, and no more fun bonesack examine. :cry:

200000000.png