10th August 2009 - Fur 'n' Seek (and Patch Notes)

Kirderf123

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racist Bag! LOL :L

259v707.png

I do hope you know 'S[racist term]' is a very common word in the English language yes. Please God don't let us have another 'Niggles' Fiasco, with people making too much out of nothing.

Never heard that word in my entire life. :| Although im not offended by it, I have a feeling this will cause contriversy.Jagex should change it to another common word,"snicker".

First time i have heard it too. If people get offended by it Jagex will change it to snicker or teh he he he or MJ's laugh :lol:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Quest itself is easy. No more than 20 mins work.

Collecting the 2nd wishlist take a lot longer.

The boss is easy enough, easier than Bork. Protect mage and bring melee armour. As soon as the bits fly off him run after them, grab and bury. Once all 3 parts are buried then he is easy as pie, especially if you can hold your own against mithril dragons which you'd have have to have done to get that far.

Let's just hope the weekly reward is substantial.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Quest itself is easy. No more than 20 mins work.

Collecting the 2nd wishlist take a lot longer.

The boss is easy enough, easier than Bork. Protect mage and bring melee armour. As soon as the bits fly off him run after them, grab and bury. Once all 3 parts are buried then he is easy as pie, especially if you can hold your own against mithril dragons which you'd have have to have done to get that far.

Let's just hope the weekly reward is substantial.

Aslong as its not weekly slayer and prayer xp

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Does anyone know if Bork works in the same way as the Falador shield, and resets at midnight UK time (6 PM for me)?

Bork resets 00:00 UTC, IIRC

I'm pretty sure that's 6 pm for me. At least I'll have a second chance at Bork today :?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

259v707.png

]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/s[racist term]

s[racist term] - laugh quietly

Look up the word before making foolish comments, please.

You make me lol.

I don't think it was becuz he fails at knowing the word s[racist term].

but the fact it is S[racist term]s[racist term], it can be split inot s[racist term] s[racist term] OR s[racist term]s and a racist term.

Not a great joke, but nieter did it imply he fails at knowing words.

I dont get why people make such a big fuss over this racist word. I mean, it's used all the time in raps by black people.

259v707.png

]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/s[racist term]

s[racist term] - laugh quietly

Look up the word before making foolish comments, please.

You make me lol.

I don't think it was becuz he fails at knowing the word s[racist term].

but the fact it is S[racist term]s[racist term], it can be split inot s[racist term] s[racist term] OR s[racist term]s and a racist term.

Not a great joke, but nieter did it imply he fails at knowing words.

I dont get why people make such a big fuss over this racist word. I mean, it's used all the time in raps by black people.

Its a darogatry term given by the name of a county *Nigeria* Why dont english people get uptight when were called Brits?

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Second wishlist complete! Yay! I read his diary hoping it would give some tidbits, but all it sounds like is that the skeleton thingy is quite literally just...the skeleton of a jungle/cave/something else horror. Weaaaaak.

Dark_Jab.png

Why is "[bleep]" offensive?

It was used a a derogatory term to refer to black people by white people during the times of their oppression of the black people.

It brings back old, sensitive, and highly controversial memories :? , not to mention using it as an insult is basically calling them sub-human or lesser.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

From my OED: s[racist term] v. 1706 [Echoic.] i. intr. to laugh in a half suppressed, light or covert manner; to snicker. 2. trans. To utter with a s[racist term] 1857.

The first recorded use of the word was 1706, and where I grew up in the north of England it was common enough in everyday speech; I have noticed that rs filters it... it's a word in my vocabulary and I use it, or I would if the filter would let me.

devorguilla.png

Why is "[bleep]" offensive?

It was used a a derogatory term to refer to black people by white people during the times of their oppression of the black people.

Of course, in this case, an entirely different word is being used, in an obviously innocent context, which means it is not offensive in the slightest. Its only crime is that it happens to rhyme with an offensive word.

[hide=Extremely offensive, racially-charged image, do not let small children view this image!]tigger_4.jpg[/hide]

Runescape General Discussion is clearly not the place to discuss the philosophy behind whether racist terms should be viewed as offensive or not. If anyone does want to delve into these issues then feel free to take it to the Off-topic forum, but for now I'll ask that you all stop any further discussion over this.

You have all been warned; don't make me come back in here. ;)

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

259v707.png

I do hope you know 'S[racist term]' is a very common word in the English language yes. Please God don't let us have another 'Niggles' Fiasco, with people making too much out of nothing.

Never heard that word in my entire life. :| Although im not offended by it, I have a feeling this will cause contriversy.Jagex should change it to another common word,"snicker".

'Snicker' is not a common word in Britain, S[racist term] is a completely legitimate and there shouldn't be a change. It's not Jagex's fault if people read too much into things.

EDIT: Whoops didn't read the above post first...

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Regarding the femur bone, has anyone tried other big Bandos followers other than Graador, orks, and Bork scuh as jogres? I mean, they're pretty big, ish. If Bork and Graador are the only things that drop it, then that's just ridiculous... a gwd boss or a minigame boss, and not even 100%...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Regarding the femur bone, has anyone tried other big Bandos followers other than Graador, orks, and Bork scuh as jogres? I mean, they're pretty big, ish. If Bork and Graador are the only things that drop it, then that's just ridiculous... a gwd boss or a minigame boss, and not even 100%...

Yeah...

CAN someone please tell me what the bone sack and the helm are good for?

I don't get it...

It's my fulltime cape slot item :thumbup: .

Please tell me a detailed answer :( :( I have been dieing to see whats good with helm/sack.

I don't see what's so good about them #-o #-o #-o

I don't get it...

Please tell me a detailed answer :( :( I have been dieing to see whats good with helm/sack.

There is none, I just think it looks cool :thumbup:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I don't get it...

There is none, I just think it looks cool :thumbup:

There is no good use to them? So what was all the bone wish collecting [cabbage] for? :?