Warning: Do not go south of ardy! ~ Fixed.

Mr_Recci

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a bit more information about the bug that's causing the game to crash if they go south of Ardougne...

The bug affects some bushes next to the Tower of Life. Originally, there was a bug where they were floating above the ground; it was fixed by making the bushes rotate to match the ground's slope.

Unfortunately, the rotation code in the game gets confused if the bushes are exactly on the *edge* of the bit of map loaded by your computer.

So you might walk straight past them and be fine, but if you happen to load a chunk of map that's got the bushes on its edge, you're stuck.

Now, this is a game engine problem, and I can't do quick-fix jobs to that. But I'm going to see if I can at least unstick the players who crashed out there. No promises, though - this might not work.

I'll let you know if I make any progress. In the meantime, I'm very sorry about the inconvenience.

Mod Ash

RuneScape Content Team

I've released an update that should help the stuck people, if they log back in TWICE. (They'll almost certainly crash the first time, but this gives the server a chance to move them somewhere safe.)

See the first post of this thread for details.

And let me know how it goes, please. It's a horrible hack, but it's the best thing I can think of for the moment.

recci-518.png

Heh, tried to login just now, browser crashed. Tried again, and found I have been moved to Ardy Castle! Thanks J Mods!

screenshot022f.png

Edit: Did not see J Mod post.

What the [bleep]? I post this EXACT THREAD and a mod moves mine but not yours? this is idiotic..

We are only human, one mod may decide to move, others do not.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So does this apply in PvP worlds too :?

I would guess so yes, as it's basically crashing due to how the grund is loaded.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide=]
090810231659.png
[/hide]

Who is that guy?Sounds elven. :|

The elf from Regicide.

Oh,I only started that quest,thank you.

EDIT: Elves are invading ardy. :ohnoes: :lol:

Only one solution..

SAILING@!@!

recci-518.png

:c i couldnt cause the crash lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I'm guessing this means you would be trapped there untill they fix it aswell, as when you log back in you would see it and be kicked back out again.

Will closing your eyes work?

Went to cash in penguin points, WHY JAGEX WHY.

Should've used NPC contact.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

i tried this, was taken to that screen, tried to log in again, taken to that screen, but on 2nd login attempt i got logged in at ardy castle. my friend did that too, so i think it should be fine

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm guessing this means you would be trapped there untill they fix it aswell, as when you log back in you would see it and be kicked back out again.

The camera view is always the same when you log in. If that particular camera view doesn't load the part of the land that touches the edge of the bush you would be fine, just home tele and get outta there :P

35b9enp.jpg

I crashed at the Zoo, near Larry when cashing in my penguin points. I tried logging in again, crashed. Logged in again, and was outside the castle thingy on the other side of the river. As were many other people. I guess this is their temporary fix? :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous