Looking at Castle Wars as a skill

rangeor

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just decided to put it here in General Discussion. If you think this thread is stupid, then don't post and it will fall to page two. Simple as that.

Everyone knows how difficult it is to get the full gold armor from Castle Wars. But most people aren't really sure how hard it is, they just assume really difficult. I've decided to compare it to getting level 99 in a skill, to see how long it really takes.

First off, to get EVERY reward from Lanthus you would need 3259 tickets (curse you red and blue decorative sword for making the number odd!). To reach level 99 in a skill you need 13,034,431 exp. That makes one ticket equivalent to 3,999.5 exp. I know you're probably thinking, "Wow! That's up to 8k exp in a game! Training must be really fast!" Well, it really isn't.

We'll assume that an average player that plays castle wars every now and then in his homeworld wins every other game. That's two tickets an hour, or 8k exp an hour. An experienced player with a clan will probably win nearly every game he's in, ending with around 16k exp an hour. And of course he's not going to win every game, so to be fair we can assume that he'll be receiving around 13k exp per hour overall. That's comparable to getting 99 in Runecrafting, if you don't use the ZMI. However Runecrafting is extremely profitable, and Castle Wars is the opposite. Everyone loves to barrage at Castle Wars, which is a huge but fun money drain. Even if you don't barrage at all, you'll still probably end up paying a few million from castle wars bracelets and repairing barrows armor.

Now for the fun part - figuring out which piece of armor is at which level!

We're going to assume that the player buys the cheapest items first and the most expensive items last.

Since two tickets is 8,000 exp, that would mean the red and blue decorative helm requires 16,000 exp. That's right between level 31 and level 32! The red and blue decorative platebody would be at 29 tickets (after buying the helm, the sword, the platelegs and the kiteshield), equaling 116,000 exp, putting it between level 51 and 52. Here's a list of all the items and their levels. I'm going to be rounding up with the levels.

Red and blue Helm - Level 32

Red and blue Sword - Level 40

Red and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 45

Red and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 49

Red and blue Platebody - Level 52

Saradomin/Zamorak Hood - Level 55

Saradomin/Zamorak Hood - Level 57

Saradomin/Zamorak Cape - Level 58

Saradomin/Zamorak Cape - Level 60

Silver and blue Helm - Level 65

Silver and blue Sword - Level 69

Silver and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 72

Silver and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 75

Silver and blue Platebody - Level 77

Gold and blue Helm - Level 85

Gold and blue Sword - Level 90

Gold and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 94

Gold and blue Platelegs/Kiteshield - Level 97

Gold and blue Platebody - Level 99

Of course, there was a LOT of assuming in getting these figures. Each player will take a different amount of time getting the full gold; some people will take ten hours longer than someone else, some people might take one hundred. It all depends on luck and skill.

I never hold respect for any of the achievements in this game, because nothing is really 'difficult', some just take longer to get than others. The only thing having 99 slayer over 99 cooking proves is that the master of slayer has put more time into the game. However, if I were to 'respect' one achievement in this game, it would be full gold and blue armor.

If you want to figure out your Castle Wars level, just take the amount of tickets you have and multiply that by 4,000. Then go to this table and find the two levels your experience is between. The higher levels is your Castle Wars level.

wl7w9j.png

Level 94

I love Castle Wars but I never thought of it as a skill (although using skills and tactics in-game are often needed). I could have gotten 6 more runecrafting levels and surpassed 14m exp in that time. That's kind of droll.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Lvl 74 ^^ I guess I played CW more than I trained any other skill... cept for Slayer maybe.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Wow, I barely play castle wars...still at level 1 :? how embarassing...

I don't usually spend time getting the tickets though, I just play it for fun. It is probably my favourite minigame, even though I don't play it much (I don't play most minigames :P).

Very interesting analysis though :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png

LVL 99, 14,132,000 cw exp.

I was hoping this topic was about the actual skill in playing cw, which nowdays there is almost none, with ip, and people 'DDos'ing' (i know it isn't that, but i don't know what the actual thing is called).

Luckily, i managed what i'd say at least 13m of that exp from '04 to '07, and the other 1m since '07, times when cw was much more fun.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hi Range!

I'm nearing level 82 castle warring. :D

Castle war is just a very fun time and money sink.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I loved CW until themed worlds were released and, like every other minigame, it died in everybody's home world unless their home world was the themed world :|

Lvl 80 or so

My homeworld, 112, is kinda the same. Noone does anything theme-based on it. So I often world-hop when doing certain activities.

disturbeda.png

i cant be accurate as ive gotten and lost armor/tickets back before i quit

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I was hoping this topic was about the actual skill in playing cw, which nowdays there is almost none, with ip, and people 'DDos'ing' (i know it isn't that, but i don't know what the actual thing is called).

That is only possible if you do something stupid to show the other person your ip address. Otherwise it's not possible to do.

lvl 10 cw :oops:

awesomeaa9.png