New Revenant Problem?

Bassy

Is it just me, or are the Revenants a lot more organized now?

Today was a first for me, I died in level 55 wilderness to a team of 2 Orks and a Knight. Not only has this never happened before (and I've done way too many clues to not notice this), but as I speak I'm stuck in the Mage arena bank area on a different world because the same trio of revenants have decided to patrol that area of wilderness.

Is this a new development? If so, clues are going to be a whole lot harder, and I don't know if I feel like scrambling to the Ardougne lever only to be killed again as soon as I pick up my skillcape from the first grave.

Thoughts? :shock:

I understand that they can roam in groups, but I've been doing wilderness clues for almost a year now and it's never hit me until today. Heck it took me 4 world hops to finally find a world safe enough to dig at the spot I needed. I'm not normally one to jump to conclusions, but it seems odd to me that I'd go so long without having that much trouble. :?

I understand that they can roam in groups, but I've been doing wilderness clues for almost a year now and it's never hit me until today. Heck it took me 4 world hops to finally find a world safe enough to dig at the spot I needed. I'm not normally one to jump to conclusions, but it seems odd to me that I'd go so long without having that much trouble. :?

Maybe you've just been lucky? I haven't done any level three clues, and I don't go into the wilderness much (at my level there's not really any reason to), so I don't know if they're any more or less organized than before.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

I lost my fighting torso in the wild cause a gang of 1 rev ork, 1 dragon, and 1 knight teamed me in multy :wall: Took me about 7 hours to get another :wall:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You must be very lucky. I regularly see the usual trio hanging around the abyssal mage when I do runecrafting.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I usually see revanant imps around walking together. But I ALWAYS see 2 werewolf revs together when I rev hunt :P You probably were at deep wild to see those 3 revs you saw.

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

It does seem like revs have been given a boost, in terms of numbers or power or whatever. Used to be able to mine full invs of rune with eating just 1 swordie and anchovy pizza. Now I find myself bringing 3 of each, and 14 trout, as opposed to the 8 I used to bring.

Either raising mage from 85 to 90 & def from 70 to 80 causes revs to hit higher or they've gotten updated imo.

d9f84e76d7.png

Since when is reviving a 8 day old thread necroing?

When my agility was in the 50-60 range, I've seen revenant groups of knights and orks, combined amounting to 5-6 revenants each time, pass by. I don't know where those were headed, they could have attacked me actually but they didn't. I was often attacked by lone icefiends, hobgoblins, vampires and even an ork once, though.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Jagex made them to attempt to replace PKers, so this is one of the ai features they have obtained.

And yes, I've seen 3 revenant imps following each other before. (They also do agility courses.)

j0xPu5R.png

the teams arnt so hard to get rid of, just find an obsticle, get them stuck behind it, run as far as you can in a straight line (they cant follow because of the obsticle) and then either hop or find the nearlest "escape" easy peasy (after the first try anyway). :twisted:

Best of luck with it!

But you are right, their ships are alot more orchestrated now :o.... good times ahead i forsee :)

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

I've seen this happen a lot and it's still too easy to escape them. Just wear some d'hide, pro range, run away. Kill em if you please since they're easy to kill but never drop anything useful.

This. :thumbup: Tbh you have to suck to die to a Revenant. :|

I've seen this happen a lot and it's still too easy to escape them. Just wear some d'hide, pro range, run away. Kill em if you please since they're easy to kill but never drop anything useful.

This. :thumbup: Tbh you have to suck to die to a Revenant. :|

I think i should make a rant about Revenants being too weak O_o

Everyone knows reverants are actually Jagex mods having fun pking. J Mods get bored of talking to peps at the ge spamming z0mg jayyyy m0dddd tell me about updates plawkz0rs. So they take out there rage and turn into a Reverant and pee kay people exploring. :evil:

6590ew.jpg

Everyone knows reverants are actually Jagex mods having fun pking. J Mods get bored of talking to peps at the ge spamming z0mg jayyyy m0dddd tell me about updates plawkz0rs. So they take out there rage and turn into a Reverant and pee kay people exploring. :evil:

your not supposed to tell them this mod andrew! shame on you!

lul jay kay <3:

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

I lost my fighting torso in the wild cause a gang of 1 rev ork, 1 dragon, and 1 knight teamed me in multy :wall: Took me about 7 hours to get another :wall:

Save your energy for something more productive (unless it's for aesthetics).

Torso gives maybe 2 points more slash defense and +4 str at the cost of ~20 stab, crush, and ranged defense. Not very good against those pesky items with stab or crush (dds, d claws, gs.)

And before you say the str bonus is worth it, here's food for thought:

13 strength will increase your max hit by 2. That means that it will take 7 str for +1 and 6 str for another +1. If you have access to a Ti-83 or any graphing calculator, I highly suggest using the following formula:

y = (Base str + style bonus)((Equipment bonus * 0.00175) + 0.1) + 1.05

That will yield your max hit within probably 0.01 difference; it's very accurate. Style bonus is 1 for controlled and 3 for str and 0 for accurate/defensive. Base str is strength level. Equipment bonus is your strength bonus on equipment.

Received from: Runewiki which received the formula from this calculator.

And if you're still sold on getting a torso, I would highly suggest maxing out your roles' skills if you haven't already; too many torso farmers go through Ba with only 1 defender lvl -.-.

edit: to my knowledge, you can also use the formula for ranged attacks by substituting the equipment bonus for ranged strength. Style bonus for accurate is 3 and rapid is 0.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

If revenants are Jmods pking, then Jmods are TERRIBLE pkers :lol:

Wonder why people like Torso's so much... That str bonus isn't even worth half the work getting one O_O

Wonder why people like Torso's so much... That str bonus isn't even worth half the work getting one O_O

I disagree. They prolly get more kills than the average pker and always go for more kills. :twisted: And no 76king isn't considering pking nor a kill. The can't run either so they do their decent job at pking.

6590ew.jpg

I disagree. They prolly get more kills than the average pker and always go for more kills. :twisted: And no 76king isn't considering pking nor a kill. The can't run either so they do their decent job at pking.

I agree with Danda. <3:

regi_sig.png

• 1 month later...

While doing a clue, a revenant blasted 45 health from me, because my damn energy ran out. Then another one appeared and boom I died. Revenants suck, I would rather die to a PK'er.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August