Dragon KiteShield vs DFS - Do we need it at all?

johnlocke

imo. all dragon armor stats should have melee accuracy bonuses.

such as

med helm - +2

full helm - +4

chain - + 3

plate - + 5

legs/skirt - +3

square - +2

kite - +5

So the full set would be +17 bonus. imo, not too overpowered, especially when you'd be trading off 16 strength bonus of dfs/neitz/bandos, or 14 if you use a rune defender.

And it would hardly have any applications anyways, but it would have some utility, such as with 2h weapons.. such as the spear at FFA corp, ss at waterfiends, or spear at dragons. Although 2h weaps could only yield +12 bonus then.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Slayer monster to drop the Dragon Kite. Req level? 99 slayer..No..I'm not joking..

Thought about this the other day tho..who's gunna actually use one for combat if the stats will be as you predicted?

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards

The DFS is more than enough. I think it's time we stop with the Dragon stuff except for the Pickaxe, and then hopefully move on to some nice level 80 Defence untradeable armour 8-)

yeah I could dig that 8-)

I could go for that lol. But I am personally waiting the advent of the Dragon Crossbow with great anticipation. And I don't really care about looks, or special attack. I just want something with a lil more kick then the rune c bow to help me range those pesky metal drags.

pere_grin.png

• 3 weeks later...

It shouldn't have a special set effect or be better than DFS. Look at previous drag items. There have always been better, cheaper alternatives, but Dragon is more expensive because it gives a sense of class and wealth. And, of course, what is more fashionable nowadays? The D Kite is going to be like the PlateBody. A costume.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think it's waaaaay overdue for a Kiteshield. I'm thinking Jagex may release as part of a new quest, perhapes a new guild even above Legends, with a similar system to the square where you buy one piece and find the other. If the Kite's stats is relative to the Square, then it should be made cheap and the other piece relatively easy to find, maybe a drop from blue dragons and above.

I mean it's not as if every new item released HAS to top the previous one, and if it doesn't, simply by making it relatively easy to obtain will solve the problem of not making it inflate the market.

Sarineka.png

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

Thats so stupid "it has to be rare"

No it effing doesn't. Just make it a little rarer than d-square and make it shield quarters because the square has halfs. Make smithing the quarters together take 65smithing as the square takes 60. Just make the price about 1mil and people will usei t instead of d square.

"should it be as good as dfs?"

HELL NO, 60defence as a requirment should make it dragon armor, dfs is 75defence, there would be a significant difference in stats.

Xfire

czvampire.png

Runescape

Her_Milk_yum.png

For me, I think it is a matter of whether or not it will actually be useful or whether it will mostly be used as show :/.

I think it should be released in a quest :P. But then again why need it when we have better shields?

KingehFinal2.png

killah__1.png

Depending on how they implement it, it could be a welfare sheidl, kinda. Cheaper/easier to get the spirit shield/dfs but above dragon square. Btw, I used a dragon square for ages, it was better then rune and affordable. I also currently own and use dragon platebody/legs. Cheaper then bandos.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think it would be interesting to implement it into a quest as a nontradeable quest item. Like you need to steal a kite from diango and smith a Dragon Kiteshield from it, and use it to defeat some powerful monster, after which it breaks and becomes a regular old kite again. Or, do the quest to make the kite wieldable as a shield instead of a weapon.

Honestly I would think it would be stronger then the DFS as well the DFS was kind of aimed for Dragon fire protection rather then overall protection, but it would be odd with the 60 defence requirement for the Dragon Kite though.

I do not think it will be released, ever.

Defining Rune Pure

kisssigg.png

I'm for more armour and weapon variety in RuneScape. Would a Dragon Kite really mess up the game? No.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The point is, it is going to be useless, it WOULD alter the prices of many other armours, and, if it is a rare item drop, just another monster to be crowded by eager fortune hunters.

• 4 weeks later...

Dragon was never used for stats anyway, just status. I owned a dragon plate (for all of 1 hour) just to see how it looked with my soul wars cape. It was pretty, but the stats were pretty bad, and people instantly read me as a pompous show off. I sold it ASAP. I hope they make some type of set bonus for full dragon (full helm, plate, legs, kite, and maybe more) to make it worth it besides looks. Honestly, no we don't need it for the stats, but we do need it as we're getting everything else dragon. So for completion's sake, yes, it is going to happen.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

How about introducing it with the next grandmaster quest? Kinda like tormented demons, you must complete the quest to obtain them as drops, but how about making it so, that you can only wield it after completing it? It would still be sellable ofc.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

How about introducing it with the next grandmaster quest? Kinda like tormented demons, you must complete the quest to obtain them as drops, but how about making it so, that you can only wield it after completing it? It would still be sellable ofc.

What exactly would this accomplish? It will still be overpriced and overrated.

There's already a wide range of shields to choose from, i believe like many others have said it's too late to introduce a dragon kiteshield now.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Signature_Lady_Gaga_3_by_Sed_rah.jpg

appmanagercrown.pngTKO Blitz Member | bluepd5.gifEx-Tempted Killers Council

Dunno if anyone's posted it yet, by Jagex have said that the DFS IS the d kite shield.

Source please...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Technically, even the dragon plate was a useless item by the time it came out... There really isn't much place for the old ways of thinking, back when people solely looked at defense specs.

I wouldn't even call the DFS spectacular. Sure, it's got a cool spec and doubles as DF protection, but the str bonus is only 2 higher than a rune defender and it lacks attack bonuses. If somebody is training melee (or slaying), a rune defender makes much more sense. If somebody is fighting bosses, half the time they're using either a gs or trying to crash with claws (neither of which takes a shield). It's still a good item among rangers and mages who want a little extra defense, but the melee aspect.... meh.

Making it cheap is the obvious solution.

Price it 150~200k above the Dragon Square and offer defence bonuses between the square and the DFS. Logical, considering that the def req is only 60.

The D Kite could even act as a money sink if implemented properly.

For instance, requiring the player to smith a d square with some kind of special item only buyable for 300k from stores.

Add a quest requirement and a smithing requirement of perhaps 75, we might get a piece of dragon armour which is actually used!

Or of course Jagex could take the traditional path and make it worth 10mil with lousy stats. In that case, nothing short of a set effect of a massive prayer bonus will save the kite from total neglect.

Castle of Zoltar