So much information.

RayOxide

As I was bored I decided to look up certain things in RuneScape on the Wiki.

Eventually the original 10 minutes came to about 1 and a half hours reading stuff, and I noticed, there is so much information within the wiki that Jagex could pounce on, big time. Huge quests and series could be made off of certain things. What I find interesting most is the story of the Barrows Brothers' death. It could have a follow up into a Grandmaster quest, or something like that.

But Jagex decide to make follow-on quests to quests like Rag and Bone Man. Why? I dont know. The Skeletal Horror may be good but a better quest and a better idea for the SH would be .. nice,

So really, does anyone want to discuss the possible quest-creating information and history within Runescape?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

There is no garuntee that they haven't read those sites, and that quests for that kind of stuff are in the pipeline, but I think they are focusing on getting our existing quest lines finished first, like the upcoming Dwarf quest.

Other than that, I'd love a Barrows Brother related quest, maybe opening some kind of expansion to the Barrows Minigame after you've done it :P

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Alot of people think that Sliske was the one who gave the Barrows brothers their powers, so I expect it to tie into one of the next mahjarrat quests eventually.

Problem is that Jagex has released far too many quests and updates with loose ends, and it would take years of quests to clean all that a bit up. I also suspect that they just don't know what to do now, which might be why we still don't have access to Priffdinas.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Alot of people think that Sliske was the one who gave the Barrows brothers their powers, so I expect it to tie into one of the next mahjarrat quests eventually.

Problem is that Jagex has released far too many quests and updates with loose ends, and it would take years of quests to clean all that a bit up. I also suspect that they just don't know what to do now, which might be why we still don't have access to Priffdinas.

That may be true but there are .. quite a bit of quests that dont need endings that they are making, like the Fur and Seek quest, for example

Personally, I'd prioritize the quest lines like Fairy Tales and Elemental Worshop could get their finishes, that simply need that one last quest to finish. Then the ones that have the most quests in them. Myreque, Plague City, Mahjarrat, and the whole desert expansion quests. Then the little stuff they want to continue, like Rabid Jack and the Dwarves.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Personally, I'd prioritize the quest lines like Fairy Tales and Elemental Worshop could get their finishes, that simply need that one last quest to finish. Then the ones that have the most quests in them. Myreque, Plague City, Mahjarrat, and the whole desert expansion quests. Then the little stuff they want to continue.

This pl0x.

Zerker_jane.png

I think they've mentioned somewhere that a lot of questlines have been planned out for years, so Wiki is probably little more than a helpful summarization site to them, as well as pointing out all of the different areas with plotholes, deadends, inconsistencies and the like.

I don't agree that Fur and Seek was unwanted; it tied up a little quest years old rather nicely, which is what we really need now, rather than new questlines or small one-off quests only used for introducing a new feature.

I'll take this and any other possible opportunity to remind you that we were originally promised EIGHT Dwarf quests years ago, upon the first's release; we may be getting the third tomorrow.

2dgucz6.png

I think they've mentioned somewhere that a lot of questlines have been planned out for years, so Wiki is probably little more than a helpful summarization site to them, as well as pointing out all of the different areas with plotholes, deadends, inconsistencies and the like.

I don't agree that Fur and Seek was unwanted; it tied up a little quest years old rather nicely, which is what we really need now, rather than new questlines or small one-off quests only used for introducing a new feature.

I'll take this and any other possible opportunity to remind you that we were originally promised EIGHT Dwarf quests years ago, upon the first's release; we may be getting the third tomorrow.

No update this week.

I also find that most existing storylines should be completed as soon as possible.

priest_wiz.png

You're really bad at counting or you just forgot some quests;Dorics quest, Giant dwarf, Between a rock, Dwarf Canon, A forgetable tale... and Perils of the White mountain, that's 6 quests with the seven'th coming up.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You're really bad at counting or you just forgot some quests;Dorics quest, Giant dwarf, Between a rock, Dwarf Canon, A forgetable tale... and Perils of the White mountain, that's 6 quests with the seven'th coming up.

Um, no... Those were unrelated quests involving dwarves, not quests in the Dwarf quest chain. The dwarf quest chain is meant to revolve around the dwarves in Keldragrim. So far that is The Giant Dwarf and The Forgettable Tale" quests. Doric is a very old f2p quest with a dwarf. Dwarf cannon is a quest nearly as old involving some random dwarves that introduced a cannon on RSC. Between a Rock was close to Keldragrim, but came out before the quest. it is entirely unrelated at this point.

It's not about how you count, but that you count correctly related quests in a quest chain. :ugeek:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

There is no garuntee that they haven't read those sites, and that quests for that kind of stuff are in the pipeline, but I think they are focusing on getting our existing quest lines finished first, like the upcoming Dwarf quest.

Other than that, I'd love a Barrows Brother related quest, maybe opening some kind of expansion to the Barrows Minigame after you've done it :P

I agree with you, Dragon. Jagex have got a lot of critique about them not finishing their current quest storylines. There are way to many of those and they should be focusing on this.

Still, however, they could release a new quest every now and then. And then it would of course be nice to use sites like those you're talking to, who hold such massive lots of information. Perhaps they should check out Tip.It? That could give them a whole lot of new ideas, I'm sure of that.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I was always peed off the Myreque quest line never even touched on the barrows brothers.

I too would love a barrows related quest.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well they should start getting to work on some loose ends before Barrows quests...because those are gonna take more than one. I suggest 3 for no apparent reason.

Get the Mourning's End quests finished up, THEN they can start

No update this week.

I also find that most existing storylines should be completed as soon as possible.

Wow, they have been having "No update weeks" a LOT this year.

Prism_Swords.png

I was always peed off the Myreque quest line never even touched on the barrows brothers.

WGS involves the Barrows Brothers briefly.

[hide=Spoiler]Lucien raises them as part of his army of undead ancient warriors in the cutscene at his base at the Chaos Temple in the Wilderness.[/hide]

WGS involves the Barrows Brothers briefly.

[hide=Spoiler]Lucien raises them as part of his army of undead ancient warriors in the cutscene at his base at the Chaos Temple in the Wilderness.[/hide]

Rewatch it, that's not them... :?

2dgucz6.png

I wish they would stop making new series or random quests and just finish up some of the older storylines. I really think everyone wants a new elf quest, there hasn't been one in a while and this series has been going on since RSC. I don't get why they keep continuing quests that could have been finished where they were or ones that nobody likes in the first place.

The rag and bone man quest that just came out was pretty unexpected because the first one was fine by itself and no one liked it anyway :lol:

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

RuneScape is full of information yeah, that gives it a historical background. My point is, there are so many quests that can be made and joined INTO other ones, instead of making pointless ones.

Fur and Seek wasnt unwanted but it was VERY un-needed, the original quest had like, no proper plot, no reason and there was no need to make a secondary quest for it