Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Princess Viola

837872-561162_front_large.jpg

Slow to load, glitchy, and the AI act like they're bleeping developmentally delayed...

And if you look at a truck's tires, they're effing HEXAGONS.

And if you do rapid fire with any gun, you'll hear the first shot fire, then some silence (you still see bullets, though), and then another shot.

:roll:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kung fu panda. it was my 8 year old brothers and i decided to play it one night (i must of been drunk) i played it for 5 minutes before swearing at the gaming gods for allowing this to be made although it now shows on my gamertag as knowledge of my stupidity

9fade1.png

9fade1.png

9FADE1.png

9fade1.png

Well it would be hard to pinpoint the worst, but the first one off the top of my head is Soldier of Fortune: Payback. After looking at the box, I decided I needed to play it. It claimed to have incredible gore physics and the best bodily destruction ever put into a video game, showing pictures of a wounded enemy holding his stomach as his guts hung out, and truly epic firefights. Thankfully that little tiny doubt in the back of my mind that comes out whenever I buy something spoke up, and I decided to rent instead. Thank. Christ. It was awful. There were only a few idiotic enemies at a time, so much for epic firefights, and the "greatest gore ever in a video game" consisted of shooting hit body parts disappearing, not being destroyed, just disappearing, and a small splat of blood.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Well it would be hard to pinpoint the worst, but the first one off the top of my head is Soldier of Fortune: Payback. After looking at the box, I decided I needed to play it. It claimed to have incredible gore physics and the best bodily destruction ever put into a video game, showing pictures of a wounded enemy holding his stomach as his guts hung out, and truly epic firefights. Thankfully that little tiny doubt in the back of my mind that comes out whenever I buy something spoke up, and I decided to rent instead. Thank. Christ. It was awful. There were only a few idiotic enemies at a time, so much for epic firefights, and the "greatest gore ever in a video game" consisted of shooting hit body parts disappearing, not being destroyed, just disappearing, and a small splat of blood.

So they FFVIII'd you?

Also Joe, your MG to MGS analogy is flawed, because MGS wasn't a continuation of the "Metal Gear" series, it was a part of the "Metal Gear Solid" series.

I was going against his point its fair to compare games against each other based solely on there names. Not whether or not there the same series.

Mario Bros was nothing at all like Super Mario Bros. The same as MG was nothing like MGS.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Any game that involves taking care of pets.

Seriously, if you like pets that much then go get one. -.-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm sure the games are aimed at children whose parents won't let them get a cat/dog/tiger. Seriously there's actually some Ubisoft DS game called Tigerz. But I imagine they're good games for children who don't have pets.

Bad games I've played... there isn't really a "worst" in my mind so far, but as for bad online games, Tibia really stinks, it looks like a bad ripoff of RuneScape. I don't like Dofus either, I like anime/manga universes, but that one is a bit too much, theres a LOT of suggestive themes, and the free area is very limited. As for console games I've played mostly handeld games (GBA mainly), although there isnt one that ive got that i dont like (even if most can be completed in one day or less, like the metroid games (clearing hard mode on Zero Mission in an hour and a half with 60% items...)) .

Bad games I've played... there isn't really a "worst" in my mind so far, but as for bad online games, Tibia really stinks, it looks like a bad ripoff of RuneScape. I don't like Dofus either, I like anime/manga universes, but that one is a bit too much, theres a LOT of suggestive themes, and the free area is very limited. As for console games I've played mostly handeld games (GBA mainly), although there isnt one that ive got that i dont like (even if most can be completed in one day or less, like the metroid games (clearing hard mode on Zero Mission in an hour and a half with 60% items...)) .

Tibia is a ripoff of runescape?

I'd like to know how something can rip off of something else when it came out 4 years before. :)

(Tibia '97, Runescape '01)

I'm sure the games are aimed at children whose parents won't let them get a cat/dog/tiger. Seriously there's actually some Ubisoft DS game called Tigerz. But I imagine they're good games for children who don't have pets.

Hmmm.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

These threads are always stupid because people just post "controversial" choices. If something like TF2 or Call of Duty or Mario Galaxy was the worst game you have ever played, I don't think I ever want to know what meets your standards.

I just find COD an overrated franchise, and the graphics in MW/WAW leave something to desired, considering the quality of graphics in some less well know, non-overrated game/franchise.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

These threads are always stupid because people just post "controversial" choices. If something like TF2 or Call of Duty or Mario Galaxy was the worst game you have ever played, I don't think I ever want to know what meets your standards.

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore? Not that I support bashers, but if they provide reasons of why it's bad, then they have somewhat of a merit to call it a bad game.

For example, I can most certainly call Super Mario Galaxy the worst game because of its awful camera, it has bad co-op, no replayability, and the stars are too easy to get. (Nah, that's not what I really think, I think SMG is a great game despite those bad points.)

Also there is no such thing as "having standards". There is only such thing as "opinion".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore? Not that I support bashers, but if they provide reasons of why it's bad, then they have somewhat of a merit to call it a bad game.

For example, I can most certainly call Super Mario Galaxy the worst game because of its awful camera, it has bad co-op, no replayability, and the stars are too easy to get. (Nah, that's not what I really think, I think SMG is a great game despite those bad points.)

Also there is no such thing as "having standards". There is only such thing as "opinion".

That's just stupid. Everyone knows that there are surely worse games... -.-

That's just a personal preference. What you are saying is about the critics, and what they say isn't fact, they are simply giving opinions about the game.

However, critics can sometimes get out of hand when they criticize a game. Take Kirby Super Star Ultra for example - They only rated it a 7/10 because it is just like the gameplay of its predecessor! The truth is, they haven't discovered the hidden secrets of the game (Helper to Hero, Meta-Knightmare Ultra, Revenge of the King, and the True Arena) so that's why they didn't rate it high like Kirby Super Star did.

So in truth, it's good to give out your preferences about the game, but when you criticize one, be sure to have your reasons and don't just bash it. :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You can hold your opinion just as much as I can hold the opinion that you're biased and really have no clue.

Opinion only goes to a certain extent. You might not like a game like Galaxy, but it is certainly not the worst game ever made. If it's the worst game you've ever played than you really need to play more games! Of course there isn't much to expect from, again, a kid who's name is "Sonic" and who actually enjoys the recent 3D Sonic games. Just nothing but personal bias, no matter how much you want to tout around your opinion (you're still wrong).

Also you realize that a lot of critics have a much better idea on what it takes for a good game than you do, right? Believe it or not there are several aspects on which you can judge a game, and even though someone may enjoy it it won't make it any less terrible.

I just find COD an overrated franchise, and the graphics in MW/WAW leave something to desired, considering the quality of graphics in some less well know, non-overrated game/franchise.

Well yeah, overrated and "worst game ever" are slightly different things, are they not? I think the Halo series is overrated as hell, and they are generic FPS gatherings which market themselves to the lowest common denominator. However, they by no means at all are the worst games I have ever played, far from it actually.

Slightly on topic, I have to say Dragons Lair for the NES was pretty goddamn [bleep]ing awful. Actually a lot of NES games were downright terrible, it's sad to think that it was the NES that drug us out of the gaming crash, because it did not have a ton of great games. :lol:

Actually a lot of NES games were downright terrible, it's sad to think that it was the NES that drug us out of the gaming crash, because it did not have a ton of great games. :lol:

A lot of PS1 games were ghastly too. Seems like there was a PS1 game for everything, no matter how stupid of an idea it was.