Hawk's Top I-Don't-Know-How-Many-Albums List!

Hawks

Now, most of these are of the classic rock genre. I have a much longer list than most of the other posters (I guess I don't, only 26 featured albums plus like 10 greatest hits which don't really count) as I did not narrow it down a ton. There's a little bit of random stuff. And my favorite song from each album is there in youtube form. I apologize for the lack of album art if there are more than 2 albums by one band.

These are in no particular order (although mostly... organized by band). (I do have a whole section of greatest hit compilations...) If you get through the whole list, I congratulate you. Enjoy!

Muse

Origin of Symmetry - Absolution - Black Holes and Revelations

Okay, so what's not to love about Muse in the first place? Their singer/guitarist is a character in Guitar Hero 5 even! Obviously we have the ever-amazing Plug In Baby, as well as Fillip, on Origin of Symmetry, which is possibly their best album (in many's opinion). It's their second studio album and I highly recommend it. Absolution has my personal favorites, Time is Running Out and The Small Print, it's a louder sort of album and is pretty neat to listen to all the way through. Also my personal fave album (BUY IT!). Black Holes and Revelations is Muse's most recent album (although The Resistance comes out in a few days) and has their sort of pop-culture hit Supermassive Black Hole which is a great song, and another song of note is Knights of Cydonia.

[hide=Plug In Baby, Time is Running Out, and Supermassive Black Hole][yt]65Gh0U0wkBs[/yt]

[yt]Hxye7OiL6Gs[/yt]

[yt]Xsp3_a-PMTw[/yt][/hide]

Dire Straits

Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits

Sultans-Of-Swing-The-Very-Best-Of-Dire-Straits.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Dire Straits' singer, but this album is quite good (so I can't find the one I own, it's similar to this but does not have a very best label...), and is probably their most popular. The title song is on Guitar Hero 5 as well, and is very well known... Which is why I'm giving you an equally great song, Twisting by the Pool.

[hide=Twisting by the Pool][yt]gQHZCR0pkRw[/yt][/hide]

Joe Satriani

The Extremist - Flying in a Blue Dream - Surfing with the Alien

EPIC GUITARIST. That's all that needs to be said. This guy is on par with the greatest guitarists of the age (pretty much is unless you count rock greats) and writes insane songs. He has only sung on one album, Flying in a Blue Dream, which has a few interestingly named and pretty awesome songs on it including Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing, The Phone Call (epic lyrics), and Strange. The rest of the albums and songs that don't involve vocals are sweet guitar riffs and gnashing. Not metal, but good rock stuff (not bashing metal, it's just this guy doesn't do that). Album I recommend trying... The Extremist.

[hide=Strange and The Phone Call]By the way, these aren't amazing examples of what Satriani normally does. They're epic songs though.

[yt]kzRh4oDrMEs[/yt]

[yt]tNRnG026Dr8[/yt][/hide]

Genesis

Three Sides Live

c30716227vp.jpg

I love this Genesis album. It's a great example of the band as it's a two-disc set and is mostly live. Abacab is my favorite song on this album.

[hide=Abacab - From Three Sides Live Tour][yt]3BriIprFg-Y[/yt][/hide]

ZZ Top

Antenna

4893.jpg

It's a very random album, I like it a lot and I think it showcases ZZ Top's ability and a lot of the mad guitar stuff that they do.

[hide=Deal Goin' Down][yt]6NT9k6gSb_8[/yt][/hide]

Rush

Moving Pictures - Roll the Bones

rush-moving-pictures.jpg3398.jpg

Okay so I just really like Red Barchetta on Moving Pictures. That's why it's on here, the rest of the songs are good, but Red Barchetta is epic. Roll the Bones is really upbeat and kind of loud, and that's why I like it, also a lot of the lyrics are semi-thought provoking. I've always loved Rush though, they're a really nice progressive rock band. Oh and Roll the Bones' album art is pretty sweet.

[hide=Red Barchetta and Roll the Bones][yt]FAvQSkK8Z8U[/yt]

[yt]8tNLvNOu9Mw[/yt][/hide]

Queen

A Night at the Opera - A Day at the Races - News of the World - The Game - Jazz

Oh geez. If I had to pick one great album of Queen's... It'd have to be A Day at the Races. But I didn't. So I have five of them (plus two greatest hits!). But yeah. Queen just owns, they're my favorite band (after Muse) and did I mention they own? Songs to try: I Want to Break Free, Don't Try Suicide, Breakthru, Bohemian Rhapsody, '39, Seven Seas of Rhye, and The Prophet's Song.

[hide=Seven Seas of Rhye, '39, Don't Try Suicide][yt]P1j-6vRykFs[/yt]

[yt]BjuyXR5by2s[/yt]

[yt]EToJ4lRq0xk[/yt][/hide]

Billy Joel

Storm Front - Turnstiles

Joel%252C%2520Billy%2520-%2520Storm%2520Front.jpgturnstiles.jpg

Best songs on these albums: We Didn't Start the Fire and Piano Man. Billy Joel is an amazingly talented man, Root Beer Rag is another favorite of mine although it's not on these albums. Amazing piano and singing.

[hide=We Didn't Start the Fire and Piano Man][yt]pKu2QaytmrM[/yt]

[yt]BCyKcwvV5gE[/yt][/hide]

REO Speedwagon

You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish

6191.jpg

So first of all the album name is epic. There's also an epic song, The Amazing Flying Tuna Trot as well (which is sadly not on YouTube). Good album representative of REO Speedwagon's talents and style.

[hide=Roll with the Changes][yt]eGgLPriZUSA[/yt][/hide]

Journey

Generations - Captured

Journey%20Cover%20WEB.jpgalbum-captured.jpg

I love Generations as it's just so different from what Journey has always done. Their drummer sings in a few songs on this album and they're louder and more dependent on guitar than usual. I personally love She's Gone Crazy and In Self Defense, but the title song really is worth listening in depth to. Captured is a great live album, I've always loved Dixie Highway, it's got an awesome piano part (well I think it's a piano) in the beginning. They've got their standbys (Lights, Feelin' That Way, and Anytime, among others) on this album too.

[hide=In Self Defense and Dixie Highway][yt]DZ1UnADWqwM[/yt]

[yt]3g-QXEh_rSU[/yt][/hide]

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin IV - Physical Graffiti

Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpgpetercorriston_1.jpg

Stairway to Heaven? Black Dog? Rock and Roll? Misty Mountain Hop? They're all on Led Zeppelin IV, which is why it's on this list. Led Zeppelin is the father of modern metal (even though they might not sound like it) and they're an amazing band. My favorites from Physical Graffiti include Houses of the Holy, Kashmir, and The Wanton Song.

[hide=Black Dog and Houses of the Holy][yt]N9i2fqxSjTI[/yt]

[yt]KSd3yys69AE[/yt][/hide]

Santana

Supernatural

21769.gif

This was my favorite CD when I was like 5. Not kidding. It's still a great album and I recommend it if you haven't heard Santana before. There's a lot of collaboration on this, Santana sings songs with various artists. My personal favorite from this album at the moment is Wishing it Was, which is sung by Eagle-Eye Cherry. The intro is so frikkin' great! I don't know why I love it so much.

[hide=Wishing it Was][yt]ePD1XDeyRWA[/yt][/hide]

Traveling Wilburys

Volume 3

traveling-wilburys-vol-3-1990-249x244.jpg

These guys (which consists of Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, and Jeff Lynne) wrote some really odd songs. And they let Bob Dylan sing. Anyway, epic weirdness in the songs. And it's actually only their second album. Inside Out and Cool Dry Place are my faves on the album.

[hide=Inside Out][yt]XqBgFI_YvOs[/yt][/hide]

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Beethoven's Last Night

cover_171482912008.JPG

So I really love TSO, and since I felt a Christmas album wouldn't really be considered truly deserving of a spot, I chose their lesser-known classical-style album. Once again, they've got a story behind it, this one being about Beethoven's battle with Satan on the night of his death. It's really interesing, and I advise you to buy the album and read the story. There's a great arrangement of Flight of the Bumblebee on guitar, it's called A Last Illusion and it's definitely my favorite on the album.

[hide=I apologize for the fact that it's a live/crappy version of A Last Illusion][yt]1pqfbIbCVHs[/yt][/hide]

My Greatest Hits/Collections List:

Best of the Doobies by Doobie Brothers

Greatest Hits by ZZ Top

Greatest Hits by Styx

Greatest Hits [Expanded] by Cheap Trick

Classics, Vol 9 by Supertramp

Classic by Queen

Greatest Hits by Queen

1 by The Beatles

Greatest Hits Vol 1 by Billy Joel

(gasp! If I have any broken links/yt or grammar whatever please bring it to my attention. thanks!)

Hah, I'm a pretty big lover of A Last Illusion myself. I prefer the Ode to Joy part though.

There's some other good stuff on your list, nothing else I especially like though.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Nice taste.

Thanks for reminding me about Journey, i think i got some album of them lying around here in the house.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Moving Pictures was the first vinyl I listened to. I love Red Barchetta. Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I go off on a Rush fling. Maaaaaan. Good list. Pretty much my "Classic Rock and ROOOOOOOLL" playlist puked onto the forums and cut into eighths.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Wow, it's like you're me, except in middle school. While I've phased out a lot of classic rock, I still think you have a pretty great list there, champ.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!