Been having nightmares like mad lately

The_Avatar

So about 2 weeks or so ago I quit my job because I was feeling really stressed. The first few days I slept insanely well and had great dreams. Then I drove my little brother to a high school football game. While I was there I saw an old high school administrator that caused a lot of trouble for me, she gave me the same evil look she use to give me in school. Ever since I saw her I've been having horrible nightmares and I can never sleep through the night. Most of my nightmares consist of me being in school again, then she appears and I run away from school. I don't know if the fact that I just realized at that moment that my little brother is now going to the same school with that woman, or if its just bringing up bad memories of things I thought I had dealt with in the past. Either way its just causing me more stress than work was.

Does anyone know of a way of dealing with nightmares? Its not like I'm thinking about this stuff before I go to sleep, so I don't know whats causing it.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Ummm, well first off what was this woman like? Is she a teacher? Did she pick on you especially? It seems that you are in fact having dreams of your worst days of school, which aren't very good memories Indeed :/

As far as I know, there isn't any way to deal with nightmares except to stop thinking about it. You might not be thinking about it mentally, but what's really happening is that memory is still in the back of your mind. As hard as you try NOT to think about it during the day, it is brought up when you go to sleep (this might be because you have a lot less control over what you are thinking when you're sleeping, and because of that your thoughts are in the form of dreams. But don't take my word for that.)

All I can recommend for it is thinking of the good moments you had at school. That usually worked for me. Otherwise, if it is extremely out of control some form of therapy may be required to deal with the problem. Speaking with others can also help.

disturbeda.png

This was an administrator, at my school they dealt out punishment for the most part. This one however went out of her way to ensure I was thrown out of the school, threatened to have me arrested, and treated me like I was some kind of criminal. I had just been diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes and she liked to exploit that. In short its a time in my life I don't like to think about.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to think about the good times I had during that period.

Walkman1022.jpeg

This was an administrator, at my school they dealt out punishment for the most part. This one however went out of her way to ensure I was thrown out of the school, threatened to have me arrested, and treated me like I was some kind of criminal. I had just been diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes and she liked to exploit that. In short its a time in my life I don't like to think about.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to think about the good times I had during that period.

Hope I was of any help :) I'll try and offer any more asstance I can if you need it.

disturbeda.png

I get nightmares everynight, join the party.

Here are some ways to help:

Do not eat food late at night

ESPECIALLY DO NOT EAT SPICY FOOD LATE AT NIGHT. IF you're midnight craving is a volcano taco from Taco Bell, you're up [cabbage] creek without a paddle.

Stay unstressed (lol der)

What I find helps is to play music that makes you happy, no matter how corny it is. Also, for my it helps to realize what's a dream and what's reality. If I know it's a nightmare...Than wake yourself up. While lots of time as you fall back asleep you'll re enter the nightmare, if you're lucky you'll just blink and it'll be morning.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well I've slept since I made this topic, my dream consisted entirely of floating around looking at those giant storage unites you see at docks. Not exactly a great dream, but a major step up from the nightmares I was having. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Walkman1022.jpeg

You can control your dreams, Like I do.

Just walk up to whatever is bad and throw it into the moon. Its extremly simple.

Ever tried to kill yourself in a controlled dream to find out how it is to be dead? I did once, I threw myself 10 meters down a chasm onto some pointy rocks just to find out I was immortal(some ways even controlled dreams find a way to screw you :cry: ).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Just walk up to whatever is bad and throw it into the moon. Its extremly simple.

Ever tried to kill yourself in a controlled dream to find out how it is to be dead? I did once, I threw myself 10 meters down a chasm onto some pointy rocks just to find out I was immortal(some ways even controlled dreams find a way to screw you :cry: ).

Oh lord. The reason is because you haven't experienced, death. So, deep down, your subconscious isn't willing to lie to you.

I wish I could control my dreams. I'd be riding dinosaurs into battles against evil warriors every night. Maybe I'd throw in the occasional dark overlord for fun.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I can never remember what I dream about, how do you do it?

I'm not sure what causes me to remember my dreams. Maybe I think about them as soon as I wake up and continue to elaborate on the thought. You could give that a try, but I can't guarantee any results.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Oh lord. The reason is because you haven't experienced, death. So, deep down, your subconscious isn't willing to lie to you.

I wish I could control my dreams. I'd be riding dinosaurs into battles against evil warriors every night. Maybe I'd throw in the occasional dark overlord for fun.

That would be cool, especially if you had full control over your dreams, no need to buy videos and video games.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm not sure what causes me to remember my dreams. Maybe I think about them as soon as I wake up and continue to elaborate on the thought. You could give that a try, but I can't guarantee any results.

You only remember them if you wake up in the middle of them. If you are asleep when they end you will most likely forget you ever had them.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

You only remember them if you wake up in the middle of them. If you are asleep when they end you will most likely forget you ever had them.

Yeah, the REM sleep resets the brain.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Which freaks me out for some reason. I don't like losing any memories, they might be important or awesome!

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Which freaks me out for some reason. I don't like losing any memories, they might be important or awesome!

They're not memories, they are subconcious ilusions.

I don't think dreams can be creepy to forget, it's creepier when they happen(precognative dreams(had like ten cases of that myself)).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I don't know about that. I've had women in dreams before. Ba dum tish.

A couple of months ago, I went about a week straight of having Vietnam flashbacks in my dreams. It was pretty bad, but not a wake up in fear and screaming kind of bad. Sweaty, though.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I swear I posted that. I guess I started typing it and then never submitted it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I can dream lucidly if I prepare myself before I sleep, or if I'm lucky. I would recommend trying to figure out how to do that (google it, some stuff is helpful)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

A couple of months ago, I went about a week straight of having Vietnam flashbacks in my dreams. It was pretty bad, but not a wake up in fear and screaming kind of bad. Sweaty, though.

You were in vietnam? Or were you just having vietnam flashbacks in your dreams?

Lucid dreaming (controlling / being aware your dreaming) is fun, though for some reason my dream never obeys. I might be aware its a dream, try to fly, and just fall down the stairs. I actually once screamed "bring in the tuba players" and nothing happened. Closest thing I've had to full control is casting a spell and watching an administrator at my school start writhing in pain (crucious - harry potter style).

On another note, the only way thats relevant to you is that if you can learn how to induce a lucid dream (check wikipedia and google) you can control your nightmares. Worked for me more then once.

Yup. 'Cause me and my buddy got a time machine, but we gotta be careful if you know what I mean, 'cause History's a fragile thing it seems, and it's easy to [bleep] stuff up.

But nah, I was just having dreams of Vietnam. In wartime.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yup. 'Cause me and my buddy got a time machine, but we gotta be careful if you know what I mean, 'cause History's a fragile thing it seems, and it's easy to [bleep] stuff up.

But nah, I was just having dreams of Vietnam. In wartime.

Were you wearing that red shirt of yours?