Lvl 99 stat cap for fighting stats. Should it be raised ?

King_Blaze

I like the idea, generally, but I think it's stupid that you make this suggestion specifically for combat.

Some of us DO have our noncombat skills higher than level 50-60. Personally, I'd find getting certain noncombat skills past 99 far more interesting than raising combat any higher.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really see a point, other than having more levels.. People will train up to it anyway so in the long run you have more people with higher hitpoints but also more people who can hit harder as well...theres no difference in it. Someone has 99 hp, whips are the most commonly used weapon and the max is 37... ok we up the hitpoints to 120 and the str att and def to 120... the max hit goes up averaging it all out anyway.

Yea exactly but all us 99 99 99s are bored and wana train cause we like too

and btw max hit with whip is 39 now

theres 7 stats related to combat are you maxed out in all of them? If you are use your imagination there are 13 other skills to keep you busy.

I dont think so, coz this would ruin pking, and if they raised combats that means most prices would fall, like D chains... so no thanks, we have enough pures as it is

maby i wouldnt mind 100 max, so thers 130 max combat, but no higher :D

pure_paprika.png

i like the idea about 99+ stats but...

statswindow is already fill with the 2 digit lvls we have now, bringing it to 3 digit would mean to either make the text smaller so that it can still fit in or a scrollbar (which i rather hate :oops: )

|*symbol* 99/99||*symbol* 99/99||*symbol* 99/99|

|*symbol* 120/120|*symbol* 120/120|*symbol* 120/120|

:?

Making the max lvl 120 in all combat skill would be so awesome.... :shock:

Here are few examples of the ppl with highest combat skills:

Samanthanz (1# hits & attack) would be:

117 Att

108 Def

111 Str

114 Hits

99 Pray

100 Magic

103 Ranged

Lilyuffie88 (1# prayer & ranged) would be:

107 Att

106 Def

112 Str

113 Hits

104 Pray

106 Magic

115 Ranged

Sharif50 (1# strenght) would be:

104 Att

104 Def

117 Str

112 Hits

98 Pray

99 Magic

106 Ranged

Omarsherif (1# defence) would be:

99 Att

116 Def

99 Str

108 Hits

76 Pray

91 Magic

76 Ranged

Xxx Neo Xxx7 (1# magic) would be:

99 Att

98 Def

96 Str

98 Hits

73 Pray

111 Magic

87 Ranged

Awesome... :shock:

Just for reference:

Level - Experience Needed - Exp to Next Level

Level 99 - 13034431 xp

Level 100 - 14391160 xp - 1356729

Level 101 - 15889109 xp - 1497949

Level 102 - 17542976 xp - 1653867

Level 103 - 19368992 xp - 1826016

Level 104 - 21385073 xp - 2016081

Level 105 - 23611006 xp - 2225933

Level 106 - 26068632 xp - 2457626

Level 107 - 28782069 xp - 2713437

Level 108 - 31777943 xp - 2995874

Level 109 - 35085654 xp - 3307711

Level 110 - 38737661 xp - 3652007

Level 111 - 42769801 xp - 4032140

Level 112 - 47221641 xp - 4451804

Level 113 - 52136869 xp - 4915228

Level 114 - 57563718 xp - 5426849

Level 115 - 63555443 xp - 5991725

Level 116 - 70170840 xp - 6615397

Level 117 - 77474828 xp - 7303988

Level 118 - 85539082 xp - 8064254

Level 119 - 94442737 xp - 8903655

Level 120 - 104273167 xp - 9830430

and level 500 would be:

Level 500 - 2.2897962056817723e+24 xp

Edit: all the EXp to next level should be moved up one, for example, between 99 and 100 it should be 1356729.

wow just wow......and wow and wow. Lets not just spend and waste 400hours for ea combat stat....lets spend 4000 hours.....wow this is brilliant.....absolutely fantastic......i can use up ....if i want of course, which i do btw........casue i messed up my life completely by now......and dont feel like dragging myself outta the gutter-long and futile enterprise.......20.000 hours more.....if i nothing but train 10 hours a day...i could easily do this in ONLY 6 YEARS TIME.......and if i do 15 hours a day i can do it in merely 4 YEaRS......man i never thought of it like this...only 4 years of playing and i will be the best there is ........THE ABSOLUTELY BEST....maybe even a bit faster cause ill be so hi lvled :wink:

Say we ......we all agree.....the new era has arisen..........the time for new players to come and join the rs community is no more...they have missed their train-we feel sory for them but we must move on..........but we have each other dont we......we can grow old together.....we can rename the game even......to maybe neverland, where the lost kids spend their lives playing with each other, not knowing the harsh reality of the so called "real word", an expression which was domesticated by rs community cause with such love a while ago.

Alas the deed is done........i was wondering wht i was gonna do for the next half decade.......i found my calling now.......ill be a ......rune-escape player......i only hope and wish tht in 6 years time or 4 there will be a new 130 combat update..........I DO NOT EVER WISH FOR THIS BLISS TO END........

sincerely

one of u

wow just wow......and wow and wow. Lets not just spend and waste 400hours for ea combat stat....lets spend 4000 hours.....wow this is brilliant.....absolutely fantastic......i can use up ....if i want of course, which i do btw........casue i messed up my life completely by now......and dont feel like dragging myself outta the gutter-long and futile enterprise.......20.000 hours more.....if i nothing but train 10 hours a day...i could easily do this in ONLY 6 YEARS TIME.......and if i do 15 hours a day i can do it in merely 4 YEaRS......man i never thought of it like this...only 4 years of playing and i will be the best there is ........THE ABSOLUTELY BEST....maybe even a bit faster cause ill be so hi lvled :wink:

Say we ......we all agree.....the new era has arisen..........the time for new players to come and join the rs community is no more...they have missed their train-we feel sory for them but we must move on..........but we have each other dont we......we can grow old together.....we can rename the game even......to maybe neverland, where the lost kids spend their lives playing with each other, not knowing the harsh reality of the so called "real word", an expression which was domesticated by rs community cause with such love a while ago.

Alas the deed is done........i was wondering wht i was gonna do for the next half decade.......i found my calling now.......ill be a ......rune-escape player......i only hope and wish tht in 6 years time or 4 there will be a new 130 combat update..........I DO NOT EVER WISH FOR THIS BLISS TO END........

sincerely

one of u

hello. no one asked for your horribly written opinion, and you flaming us like this is rather amusing. also, an excessive use of ..... in your horribly written paragraphs doesn't help.

thanks

sincerely

one of u

hello. no one asked for your horribly written opinion, and you flaming us like this is rather amusing. also, an excessive use of ..... in your horribly written paragraphs doesn't help.

thanks

Nicely said, and very well written. Cogratz mate and keep up the good work

• 10 months later...

When i satrted playing rs i never dreamed of seeing a lvl 100, the thought was too absurd to comprehend, then it happened, i bumped into gearshifter and he was 102 (i never met zonghui till much later) i almost fell off my chair, it was the coolest thing id seen on rs and i was aazed, sadly those days have passed and every one on rs has 120 comb, im 110 and i play once every 2 months if that.

The time has come to raise the cap, i support this thread 100%.

It would imbalance the game to raise the cap any appreciable amout if you just go ahead and raise the caps tomarrow.

100 cap: yea fine you can have that, nothing really changes

110-120 cap: multiple kqs per trip dchain, mages get to be the weakest class since their damage doesnt go up

120+ cap: lose your fire cape get it back without thinking about it, solo daggernoth kings in melee gear just protect magic, mages just wont be able to compete without new spells

As for getting separation and some kind of elite status...

There are plenty of dedicated people that will just get the stats up when they raise the cap.

So, you'll never be alone at the top and any separation you get will only be brief.

Besides, I just don't think there are much more active 120s, percentage wise.

Alot of the people I know don't want high cb for various reasons (pking at edge, staking, they like making pures, etc). <.<

I would rather have Jagex add new challenges for high levels like the fight caves.

Also, I wouldn't mind "beating the game", I don't plan to play forever, so 126 is a good a ending point as any.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

That's simple xp tables, there's a patron in there...

Now I like your theory, up untill the part you said "fishing and cooking" to compensate..

How about fletching to make better bows? 120s-ranged need a magic bow?

Oh wait, that'd mean a WC update, wich logically leads into a FM update.

Next to that I think we need new bones and new areas for the prayer update, a whole new spell book for 120 mages etc...

I think you're "update" there is far more impossible than you think.

why should there be better bows? how about better arrows instead :-k :-k :-k :-k

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

this posts is ages old.. lol who bumped it? it would be lovely if they raise the cap tho not just for melee all other skills

One of the original starters did because it's now more relevant than ever.

its true, we hit so much harder now then ever before... and much more accurately.

the only realistic skill i could see jagex making the lvl cap go over 99, is Hitpoints. i mean i hit like 30 with a whip naturally. now thats not that often really, but thats 1/3 of your health(almost)

and people @ half health(decent lvl player) in dharok can hit easily over 40, and thats not even with pot or prayer

hit points is honestly the only thing i see that needs to be raised for necessity.

im totally for hitting a 55 with my whip or hitting constant 30's with my whip cuz i have like lvl 120 attack...but its not realistic to being fair.

so really if they raise any skill up over 99 it should be a skill that has no effect on pking or a huge effect, like construction/smith, or hitpoints maybe magic, because you no longer hit harder just more accurately

Just say no to this idea.

I can't imagine my friends all calling me noob again.... and I'm at level 124 atm. I would need a shrink to help me through it.haha

Interesting idea, but I would hate to see things go over 99. I would have to raise them higher and I kinda like to knock one off at a time, and I hated training strength! Argh

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat