The Clan Chronicle

obfuscator

I'm writing this message to you, the users of Tip.it clan discussion, on behalf of the Clan Chronicle team, which at the moment consists of myself, Laikrob, and Tripsis. I will shortly be taking over as editor, and at that point it will be just Tripsis and myself.

The current aim of the Clan Chronicle is to provide a monthly new source about the current occurrences in the clan community. This generally includes a feature interview of a clan, as well as clan history articles and articles discussing updates made by Jagex that have an effect on the clan world.

As I'm sure you can imagine, we spend a lot of time on the clan chronicle - it is a lot of work to put out this newsletter monthly, especially with only 2 authors (Tripsis carries a proofreader position only).

Due to the other commitments of the Chronicle staff, coupled with the forum move, we weren't able to provide a September edition.

So, now, I want the opinion of the Tip.it clan community as to the future of the clan chronicle.

I want you to answer 3 questions, and answer them honestly. If you seriously think the Clan Chronicle is absolutely horrible and a complete waste of time, tell us, and tell us why.

That said:

[b]Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons.[/b]
[b]Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons.[/b]
[b]Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not?[/b]

The third question might strike you as odd - so I'll explain myself here.

We need help. We need authors, editors, spell checkers, planners, media organizers. You name it, we can use it.

And I want YOU!

I see a huge amount of talented people using Clan Discussion. I see people who, if they care, and apply themselves, can do great things. Basically, I want you on the Clan Chronicle team. I don't care if you consider yourself a troll, I don't care about your posting history, I don't care if you personally hate me - but if you think you can make a difference that's good enough for me.

What are the advantages of being a member of the Clan Chronicle team? I'll tell you.

•  
  • Access to a super secret private forum
  • The chance to test your writing ability and do something for tip.it
  • A chance to showcase your writing skills to a large audience
  • The opportunity to work together as a team to improve the Chronicle and make it even better
  • Chance to provide input to articles before they go live

So, if you think you're up to the task, let me know! You can pm me on the forums or bug me on irc (nick is Y_Guy, I'll always be in #clans).

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to seeing the replies :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yes.

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes, I don't really know what to improve. Maybe add some short news of the month to it or something. I don't know.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? No.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yes. Try and get clan staffers to pitch in a article every now and then?

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? Might. Don't know how busy my schedule is going to be after soccer is over.

pan.png

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons.

I don't see the harm on it staying.

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons.

Tbh, I don't read it much. It doesn't deal with the P2P CWA community which my clan belongs to. It usually only focuses on F2P PvP powerhouses

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication?

I could make a small article here and there.

090831004444.png

Yes. I always enjoy reading them and learning more about clans.

Following up on Sanctus, we honnestly lack in the p2p community. We should reach out to other clans in p2p and interview them or give them some article. Wether it be interviewing a pvp clan or cwa clan I think it might draw some more members and possibly some more wars and run ins p2p style :P Also interviews on the power houses are nice but it's also nice to interview some smaller clans that are rising or have accomplished something here on the TWR.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not?

My writing is horid but I could possibly give you some ideas.

6590ew.jpg

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons.Yes, great to read every month and i look forward to it :thumbsup:

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? No, too busy.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yeah, great read every month.

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? Well I can make an article or two once in a while. I can't do it all the time because sometimes school assignments come up. I could always edit and spell check if needed as well. (Whatever is needed, I'll see what I can do.)

j0xPu5R.png

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yes.

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons.Yes.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? If you need help I could give it, I've done things like that before.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Of course.

The articles have been great to read, so yes.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not?

Possibly, if my help was needed I'd sure offer it.

New account: Jack

yes i want to see it continue, alot of the times theres some stuff i didnt knwo before and is benefitial to me

ye it looks pretty good, migth wanna add some stuff like a clan quiz or something like that those are interesting, and have like a clan fight of the month.

well if u need writers or something i'm i can help out and do some writing =), like an interview(those are easy =))

http://rs-downfall.com Join the Community, if you're already in a clan register and become a clan friend!

Downfall Since September 6, 2008

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yes

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes and no, I dislike the focus of many of the articles about specific clans but that's just me :P

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? No, I'm a terrible writer :oops:

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I would like to see it continue, I think it is something interresting and is something that is unique to tipit, even when I only used the RSC boards I knew about tipit's clan chronicle despite never having been on these boards.

I think the current clan chronicle is pretty decent, there are alot of interviews with specific people which might not be best as it is the clan chronicle but I like the interviews with specific clans, I always find those interesting (even with newer clans, if they are successful then they have probably already overcome adversity), every clans history is different and I think that is something which should stay for sure.

I think I could get an interesting interview or two, BK has a depth of knowledge that very few other clans do, the founder of GH and former leader of 'the' and one of the founders of ZF are just two of those people not to mention people that have been in BK since 2001 and people who were a part of the alliance and and most of the alliances before that.

My writing tends to be very long winded though :oops:

I could also probably get one of the most in depth interviews about THE Ohio State Buckeyes aswell but that's a whole different story... :grin:

Do you want to love me?

I could also probably get one of the most in depth interviews about THE Ohio State Buckeyes aswell but that's a whole different story... :grin:

Oh yes, I'm quite aware of that story :P

Anyway, thanks for all the interest guys. If/when I decide to add people I'll be sending pms.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. Yes, I read the clan chronicle whenever I see a new one has been released and find it quite an interesting read.

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes I am.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? If needed I could proofread some articles.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons.Yes

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons.Yes, some kind of new sections with new focuses wouldnt hurt tho.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not?Maybe, I am a good writer,but my english kinda suck.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons.Yes! I like Tip.it more than RSC because of this :P

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. Yes, some controversy here and there is nice.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not?I personally am not sure if I will have time to do this, currently getting way too many projects, plus juggling basketball season starting soon and helping around PKM can be a pain, but if you bug me enough, I might write, although i don't read up much on other clans.

22031_s.gif

Of course, the chronicle is entertaining and informative.

Was there a joke section? If so I must ask for a joke section. :mrgreen: Or maybe a basher section? You know designed just to make fun of clans that take things a bit too seriously

or ridiculous flame wars? Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to chill out a bit. :smile:

Dunno, I am very out of touch with the clan world these days and school keeps me busy. Perhaps.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Was there a joke section? If so I must ask for a joke section. :mrgreen: Or maybe a basher section? You know designed just to make fun of clans that take things a bit too seriously

or ridiculous flame wars? Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to chill out a bit. :smile:

Dunno, I am very out of touch with the clan world these days and school keeps me busy. Perhaps.

The clan would gain a negative reputation and the article could obtain bias in it. That would also drive clans away. Sounds like something RSC would allow though.

6590ew.jpg

The clan would gain a negative reputation and the article could obtain bias in it. That would also drive clans away. Sounds like something RSC would allow though.

I have to agree on this, however I wouldn't mind having a jokes section :D .

22031_s.gif

Do you want to see the clan chronicle continue? If no, please state reasons. yes

Are you happy with the current clan chronicle? If no, please state reasons. yes, i thought the j mod interview was interesting in the last article and it was nice to remember the old rsc days.

Do you, as a user and individual, feel you have what it takes to help further the success of this publication? If no, why not? i suppose i could write an article or two

Already submitted coded response, but I'm going to elaborate a bit here.

I want the Clan Chronicle to continue because of a multitude of reasons.

• Sets TIF apart from RSC
  • Engages people who don't clan to try clanning out, thus making the clan world grow
  • An engaging read for us who constantly use the Clan Boards on TIF
  • It's gotta give you some satisfaction when you see positive responses to something you wrote ;)

TIF and RSC are fundamentally different clan boards, everyone knows this. TIF clans are generally smaller-sized clans that don't do PvP wars as often as RSC clans. RSC is full of the top clans, and mid-sized PvP clans like Dragonwood, and Illusion. Each board has it's flaws, and each board has it's strength. TIF is a good place to learn what clanning is, participate in Clan Discussion debates (not fights.) The Clan Chronicle sets TIF apart from RSC because RSC has nothing of the sort that is credible, and the Clan Chronicle is filled with interesting things about clans that we never knew.

People who don't clan and who chance upon the article are pulled into clanning. They see the deep history and how exciting it can be (what with all the DK articles? [Which I personally don't like.]) It draws people into TIF clanning, and helps build the TIF clan community (they see the Clan Chronicle here, they join a clan that wars on TIF.) It helps build the community and the clans in the community here. Even people from RSC check TIF to see if a new edition is out.

Like previously stated it's a very interesting read filled with things I never knew, like how BK is the oldest clan in RuneScape (I thought it was The Sabres, and still do personally.) Also, the JMod interview about the clan world is deffinitely worth reading, as it's free sneak peaks at Jagex's plans for the future.

Yeah, you like the nice comments that's reason enough to do it!

Things that could change with it (in my opinion.)

• Don't focus as much on single clans
  • DK Articles, although NH is a vast subject so maybe the whole DK vs NI+PH could work out well
  • LENGTHIER! Add articles that recurr every month, such as important clan events that happened that month, memorials for all known clans that closed that month, and good lucks to clans that open.
  • TALK ABOUT THE TOP 10. While I like how it's TIF related, it does need more Top Clan information, like some fights, history, and why things are how the are now.
  • Similar to above, write about the history of the clan world in general. Weren't DF and VR allies in 2004? What happenned to that? Things like these.

That's my in-depth input. Like I said in my precious post I'd love to help if you need it, I've done stuff like this before for clan(s).

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Already submitted coded response, but I'm going to elaborate a bit here.

I want the Clan Chronicle to continue because of a multitude of reasons.

• Sets TIF apart from RSC
  • Engages people who don't clan to try clanning out, thus making the clan world grow
  • An engaging read for us who constantly use the Clan Boards on TIF
  • It's gotta give you some satisfaction when you see positive responses to something you wrote ;)

TIF and RSC are fundamentally different clan boards, everyone knows this. TIF clans are generally smaller-sized clans that don't do PvP wars as often as RSC clans. RSC is full of the top clans, and mid-sized PvP clans like Dragonwood, and Illusion. Each board has it's flaws, and each board has it's strength. TIF is a good place to learn what clanning is, participate in Clan Discussion debates (not fights.) The Clan Chronicle sets TIF apart from RSC because RSC has nothing of the sort that is credible, and the Clan Chronicle is filled with interesting things about clans that we never knew.

People who don't clan and who chance upon the article are pulled into clanning. They see the deep history and how exciting it can be (what with all the DK articles? [Which I personally don't like.]) It draws people into TIF clanning, and helps build the TIF clan community (they see the Clan Chronicle here, they join a clan that wars on TIF.) It helps build the community and the clans in the community here. Even people from RSC check TIF to see if a new edition is out.

Like previously stated it's a very interesting read filled with things I never knew, like how BK is the oldest clan in RuneScape (I thought it was The Sabres, and still do personally.) Also, the JMod interview about the clan world is deffinitely worth reading, as it's free sneak peaks at Jagex's plans for the future.

Yeah, you like the nice comments that's reason enough to do it!

Things that could change with it (in my opinion.)

• Don't focus as much on single clans
  • DK Articles, although NH is a vast subject so maybe the whole DK vs NI+PH could work out well
  • LENGTHIER! Add articles that recurr every month, such as important clan events that happened that month, memorials for all known clans that closed that month, and good lucks to clans that open.
  • TALK ABOUT THE TOP 10. While I like how it's TIF related, it does need more Top Clan information, like some fights, history, and why things are how the are now.
  • Similar to above, write about the history of the clan world in general. Weren't DF and VR allies in 2004? What happenned to that? Things like these.

That's my in-depth input. Like I said in my precious post I'd love to help if you need it, I've done stuff like this before for clan(s).

Anyone remember Everton's post for Tif Clan rewards? Well my friends this ^ is a fine example of Best sucking up to become a mod. LOL JK ILY Ralph. Some good statements were in there, however I must say I enjoy the single clan interview. I learn a lot about clans and it'd be interesting to what some clan leaders would have to say / answer. I also enjoy asking some TIF posters here in CD some random q's about the clan world and what their opinions are on the issue/question. I think with more of that it makes it overall a better article to read. Involve the tif community so it becomes something they can be proud of being in. Also involve the top clans to possibly attract them to post here + it gives the tif community some large knowledge of how the pvp clan world is going.

6590ew.jpg