Ambler3's Blog- [VITALIS DROP!!] :D

Omg Dark hi. I've been well behaved DW.

And 10/10 troll Ping, totally didn't take you seriously.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It's not a troll.

Items worn already degrade by 20% when lost on death.

If you completely remove item loss on death AND divide the 20% degrade between every degradable item, then you're nerfing death penalty too much for no reason.

Make it so every degradable item degrades to 0% on death is better than making you lose stuff on death for several reasons:

1: people (virtually) only lose items from grave when they die and cannot get back due to server outages/etc.;

2: when you lose stuff on death, depending on what you had (next gear, expensive lv 90 weaponry come to mind), you potentially lose dozens, if not hundreds of millions (or lose a lot of time, like if you lose superior ports equipment);

3: if stuff degrades to 0%, then you still have a good penalty on death without it being to harsh;

4: sure, it's still kinda harsh for people who die due to server errors, but now you're looking at an average of like 10m in repair costs (number not scientifically calculated), rather than potentially losing dozens or hundreds worth in gear (you would never lose your stood, but you would still have a penalty to pay on death;

5: would be a great gold sink.

You don't really lose big degradables on death, unless your grave selection screen glitches and doesn't let you pick what to keep.

With the current grave system, you'd only be looking at paying 40k~ per death for degradation on nex gloves and boots.

Even if you're talking about cases where people bring full body switches, raising the death penalty from 20% degrade to 100% degrade is an increase of well over 5 times the current penalty.

Potential death loss (item worth 100M+ versus repair cost of 1m~) becomes less of an issue too as top-end players move towards the degrade-to-dust t90 power gear. Making it degrade 100% on death is a worse penalty every time compared to the current system.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You don't really lose big degradables on death, unless your grave selection screen glitches and doesn't let you pick what to keep.

With the current grave system, you'd only be looking at paying 40k~ per death for degradation on nex gloves and boots.

Assuming that person doesn't bring any cape, ring or amulet. If I die in full Tetsu + Dual Drygores + reefwalker's + leviathan + whatever amulet is annoying to lose + torva gloves/boots or streads/pneumatics, then I would lose Reefwalker's, Leviathan, my amulet along with my gloves and my boots.

People *have* lost Nex sets and such due to server DCs because they had no choice but to bring more than one set of armour for whatever they were doing (thought I'll admit I hadn't thought of that possibility when I said 100% degrade on everything, but still; bringing more stuff with you = more risk.)

What you said about the stuff that degrade to dust is a good point, though. What about something like 25% degrade on those?

Even though it would be an increase of 5 times the repair costs compared to what they'd currently pay for the 20% repair, this is still nothing compared to completely losing those items. Remember, I was mostly trying to lessen the penalty for when server/isp failures makes people die and fail to get back to grave.

How about this? Gravestone remains in the game, with the same penalties as before, except if you can't reach your grave on time your stuff gets sent to an npc somewhere which would be like "I found your items on the ground during my travels; they seem to be in a bad condition, though." and give your stuff back at 0% charge.

As for undegradable items, we could make everything degrade, but I don't think that's a good idea.

I've thought about something for those, though. What if, when you died and couldn't get back to grave on time, you could retrieve your non-degradable items in the same way as you get your degradables (from the same NPC), but instead of being degraded to 0%, they get marked as Damaged and have to be repaired at a fraction of its G.E. price?

nobody would do rots then LOL

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

So bored. On the plus side I did solo a Virtus Top yesterday :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Trio = no profit

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Trio > Solo > Duo for profit, fun fact :>

Oh, and I use twitter and stuff now.

http://twitter.com/Ambler3

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

It is duo or gtfo from what I've heard from my pvm friends.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Assuming you all know what you're doing...

Solo is 5-10 min kills

Duo is 4-7 min kills

Trio is 2-4 min kills

More KPH = more chance of Nex item = More GP.

And yeah, Kills per trip is kinda nice to take into account too. Can do 1-3 solo, 6-12 duo, and probably 12-18 trio if I felt like it, overloads being the limiting factor in the end.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Helped a few people get their Rise of the Six trim requirement yesterday, though all of them wanted to leech, bar one. Ended up making a decent bit of money from it. :>

The one person who didn't really leech, Castle Wars/Omar/OmustardO... He decided to help out a bit. Successful kill, he looted the chest...

"I got a Malevolent Kiteshield... Is that good?"

"Uh... That's like 1/250 chance... Did you just get it first chest?"

"Yup"

There was no world message, but he had private off so that wouldn't happen anyway, but yay more profit.

Gwyn, you need to come along some time. Pretty sure you did some practise on beta servers, so it shouldn't be too difficult to bring you along...

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

How2Get 99s:

Step 1:

8Iy1uyJ.jpg

Step 2:

nOZt5zk.jpg

Step 3:

????

Step 4:

8R6YxrZ.png

:lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

THE EPIC OF SUEROS

Zamorak stood before the Empty Throne, the Staff of Armadyl grasped tightly in his armoured fingers. The smoking skeletons that were all that remained of the council of cardinals still slumped in their thrones. Azzanadra stood open-mouthed, unable to believe what Zamorak had done.

Suddenly the door burst open! A figure in flowing robes backflipped into the room and struck an awesome pose. It was Sueros! The colour of his cool eye sockets changed to reflect his mood. They were currently red.

"Yo Zamorak," said Sueros, "What's this all about, then?"

"Well you see..." stammered Zamorak, "I don't think you're a very good leader and I, um..."

"Aw Zimzam," said Sueros, approaching him and putting an arm around his neck comfortingly, "I didn't know you felt that way, man. You should have come to me. We coulda worked something out."

Then suddenly Saradomin burst into the room!

"There is too much sex and drugs in the Zarosian empire!" boomed Saradomin, "It has to be stopped!"

"Yo Zimzam, Azzy, you guys got my back?" asked Sueros with a wink.

"Yeah of course boss!" said Azzanadra.

"I see now that you're so awesome!" said Zamorak, "Yeah I got your back! Let's put this blue boy down!"

And then Sueros did an awesome kickflip and Saradomin fell over, and then Zamorak grabbed Saradomin in a full nelson and Sueros did a bodyslam to the gut, and then Zamorak and Azzanadra high fived each other and Sueros and they were all best friends forver.

The Sueros grabbed Char round the waist and gave her a huge kiss which left her swooning with excitement.

"Hey didn't I leave her in a cave?" asked Zamorak.

"Nowai, I knew you did that and I magicked her straight to safety," said Sueros.

"Hey no hard feelings," said Char doing a belly dance.

The crisis of the rebellion resolved, Sueros finished the rocket ship he had been working on and he and all his friends flew to the moon and performed a rock concert which solved world hunger and cured cancer. Sueros played lead guitar and also was the lead singer and the drummer.

THE END

[qfc]341-342-245-65354927[/qfc], page 26

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Unable to see siggys because mobile version of TIF. :sad:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]