Happy mol day!

Infi

For all you geeks out there, it's been a couple minutes since we've hit October 23, 2009*. Woohoo! Happy mol day :mrgreen:

*Based on EST time zone.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Not yet mole day for me yet. A few more hours. I'm wondering if my Science teacher will say anything about it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I hated mol conversions... a lot. It was probably due to the fact that I never really studied my notes on stoichiometry and mol conversions, though.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I don't get it.

"Mole Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated among chemists in North America on October 23, between 6:02 AM and 6:02 PM[1], making the date 6:02 10/23 in the American style of writing dates. The time and date are derived from the Avogadro constant, which is approximately 6.02×10^23, defining the number of particles (atoms or molecules) in a mole, one of the seven base SI units."

6:02 10/23 = 6.02 x 10^23

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

OMG I LOVE MOL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I forgot about it. Mol day was such a great thing in high school. We had mol competitions - like who could create the most clever mole stuffed animal.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

My first mol day (that I know of), also the best. Today our chemistry teachers, had some fun with liquid nitrogen. The did stuff like dipping roses in and then smashing them on chairs, fitting an entire balloon (blown up pretty far) inside a small ice cream tub AND made liquid oxygen.

The proceeded to burn stuff with it. Never have I seen such white light...

The best part was when they put liquid nitrogen inside a bottle set it up outside and let the pressure build up until it went off, with a very loud bang!

I can't wait for next year. :twisted:

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

Im wearing my Chemistry shirt for mol day tomorrow! We made shirts in Honors Chem last year with a picture of Mole from South Park on it that say "Got Mole? - Honors Chemisty" on the front. :twss:

I wonder if my chem teacher will do anything fun.

This fails everywhere except America.

You put the month before the day, so here it would be 23/10 instead of the required 10/23.

Also, mol conversions is kinda hard in imperial. Even though you dont use it in the calculations. Having that in your head still messes you up.

You suckers and your imperial system. Metrics' where it's at, [bleep]es.

This fails everywhere except America.

You downers put the month before the day, so here it would be 23/10 instead of the required 10/23.

Also, mol conversions is kinda hard in imperial. Even though you dont use it in the calculations. Having that in your head still messes you up.

You suckers and your imperial system. Metrics' where it's at, [bleep]es.

This.

Also, our chemistry teacher told us about it today, nobody cared I think...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

My science teacher didnt even know. He just went, oh wow, its the twenty third?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

We had a massive party in chemistry. And when I say "we" I mean everyone in my class except for me because I was on a field trip.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

All the other classes in the science building were blaring music, and you could smell buttered popcorn, and I saw multiple 2-liters of Dr. Pepper over the course of the period.

They take mol day seriously.

All the other classes in the science building were blaring music, and you could smell buttered popcorn, and I saw multiple 2-liters of Dr. Pepper over the course of the period.

I wonder if they took it seriously enough to calculate how many moles of sugar they were ingesting with all that Dr. Pepper.

I wonder if they took it seriously enough to calculate how many moles of sugar they were ingesting with all that Dr. Pepper.

It would be more accurate to say they take the celebrating of mol day seriously.

The anatomy teacher walked into our chemistry class and was like, "I totally forgot, guess what day it is!"

Everyone was like wtf? and I put two and two together (two being remembering last year's mol day post, and the fact that we're learning about mols in chemistry right now) and said Mol Day.

My chem teacher just looked at me and said "Why the hell do you know that?"

Then we did worksheets.