Tip.It Times: Jagex interfering?

Eeeeediot

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A search feature would be invaluable.

There already is one on the RS forums ('thread finder'), but not much of a good one.

*cough* thanks a bloody bunch *cough*

ok i have given my opinion that jagex have done nothing wrong... but that said

*jagex should have a list of 3 trusted fan sites

*these site names should be the ONLY mentionable sites in game and on the official forum

jagex should have a seperate database where people can register a NEW password to there account that is accessable via the fan sites

*fan sites should be advertised on jagex's main site

*all signatures and images should be veto'ed before being used (also they should be uploaded to the site

*posting images that are not uploaded should be prevented

*quest guides should have a 1 2 3 5 day waiting period depending on the lvl of the quest. Novice Intermediate Experienced and Master

*jagex should supply the 3 fan sites with exp information

*jagex should supply them with hidden update information

*jagex should supply them with stats on all TBR weapons/item (to be relsed)

*jagex should supply them with item drops from 1 day to 1 month after *relese (depending on the creature, ie abysal deamons aposed to chickens)

few other things i cant be bothered to think about rite now

Still, Tip.it has been here for ages, and is probably the most respected fansite, especially for users that have been around for 4+ years

that once was the case

I totally disagree with ragnog. It is out of line for Jagex to attempt to regulate fan sites in any way. They are certainly well within their rights to request that fan sites not publish guides so soon after a quest is released. but they can't keep people from talking about their game and telling others how to solve it.

There is a huge base of paying players who dont give a flip about solving those puzzles but still want to advance in the game. Give me my guide, thanks, so I can get back to leveling, pking and socializing. I guess they could start banning accounts for noncompliance with their requests. but do they really want to conduct business that way? I would hope not.

I used runescapia's gude for me2. that darkdude gets good guides out lightning fast. Too bad he's not a tip.it crewbie.

jfroggy

*all signatures and images should be veto'ed before being used (also they should be uploaded to the site

:lol: That just made my day

your suggestions (and guide) were good ones, but that was the kicker :D

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

i compleatly agree

even thogh i am not a member of the game i would like al this stuf f to be going on

and i also have alwas wonderd about how clan mebers now how to get to thier site without breking the rules they should also have a officle clans page to

i

nuts1sig0xz0tp.jpg

Matthew_79.png

I have a certain amount of sympathy with the Editor but I can also understand Jagex's wishes to restrict access to solutions (not guides) for the puzzle.

IMHO Jagex were a little unprofessional in their approach to the issue and should really look to creating an 'official' fan site programme.

To Tip-it and all the other fan sites - I really wish you wouldn't post walk throughs. As Euph said earlier it is all to easy to read too much when all you want is a pointer in the right direction.

There is a web site that has been going for many years providing hints for the PC style Adventure games by using a hierarchy of hints from cryptic to blindingly obvious.

see http://www.uhs-hints.com

It would be nice to see the fan sites take this type of structure on board so those of us who only need pointers can get them and those who do not have the wit or patience can still complete the quest (if thats the way one wishes to play the game).

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

• 5 months later...

Well.. I think they have Stepped up to the challenge since they just came out with their own official database. In my opinion, Jagex have every right to make that request, if it wasnt for them and their effort, there would be No Runescape there would be no Runescape fans nor would there be Runescape fansites. Of all things you owe Jagex respect is one thing they deserve.

Dude, please try not to grave-dig old topics. Why not just make a new topic about this? I doubt anyone wants to hear anymore about this. Im fed up with people complaining, even though i think tip it should have been able to post their quest guides in their own time.

wartortlelove.jpg

jagex put a lot of time and effort into making this quest and their request (w00t rhymage) should be considered however it is ultimatelly up to the site administrator to decide if he/she wants to post the guide or not. it is also at the players discretion as to whether to use it or not.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

(\/) 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(O.o) cabbage rools

(><) my sig is cool, if you agree put this in your sig. *is too lazy to animate*

^the bunny is back! yay!

• 1 year later...