26-Oct-09 H'ween Update

Toad

I always feel dismayed whenever I see that they have decided to use a large obstacle course for the quest, but at least it beats agility training. :P

This 'spider agility course' beats all the course we have hands down. I did the gymnastic bar swing thingy and the kungfu wall running back and forth, and it's amazing how my character suddenly becomes Spiderman!

Regarding the new 76k changes, how good is it in preventing tricking? I see lots of posts about how it's lame and players can bypass it using 3 or more players, but has anyone actually tested it out?

Thats what I'm wondering about too. Acoording to Mod Mark H it isnt that simple (he replies to some topic somewhere else, will post the qfc later)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to double check,

Once you complete this holiday event, you get the web cape and Eek the spider right? for the songs unlock, were there 2 to 3? I know its Itsy Bitsy, poison dream, and one more at death's House. Do we get a new emote this year, or it just unlock the trick one which some player didn't get last year.

Lastly, can we keep Eek when Halloween is over? Or its just going disappear once the event is over.

I just want to make sure I got everything for the event, or I might just wait until the Tip It guide come out to confirm the reward.

PS: If you dismiss Eek, can you get her back in some way? lol

a happy Runescaper

Once you complete this holiday event, you get the web cape and Eek the spider right? Yep.

for the songs unlock, were there 2 to 3? I know its Itsy Bitsy, poison dream, and one more at death's House. The one in the Grim Reaper's house is "Trick or Treat..." or something.

Do we get a new emote this year, or it just unlock the trick one which some player didn't get last year. Yeah, we don't get a new emote this year.

Lastly, can we keep Eek when Halloween is over? Or its just going disappear once the event is over. Most likely, Eek will disappear.

PS: If you dismiss Eek, can you get her back in some way? lol I'm not so sure, I don't really want to risk it though.

Answers in bold.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Once you complete this holiday event, you get the web cape and Eek the spider right? Yep.

for the songs unlock, were there 2 to 3? I know its Itsy Bitsy, poison dream, and one more at death's House. The one in the Grim Reaper's house is "Trick or Treat..." or something.

Do we get a new emote this year, or it just unlock the trick one which some player didn't get last year. Yeah, we don't get a new emote this year.

Lastly, can we keep Eek when Halloween is over? Or its just going disappear once the event is over. Most likely, Eek will disappear.

PS: If you dismiss Eek, can you get her back in some way? lol I'm not so sure, I don't really want to risk it though.

Answers in bold.

Aww, I was hoping Eek would stick around, but it didnt really say anything about it going back to Spider Realm afterward, like how chocolate melt and stuff, but I probably wouldn't dismiss him just in case, since Jagex didn't say anything about getting Eek back. One of the thing I was able to keep from before was the Turkey book and this purple potion thing to dye your cat in their respective events. I am sure once I drop or toss them away,I wont be able to recover them anymore.

a happy Runescaper

Aww, I was hoping Eek would stick around, but it didnt really say anything about it going back to Spider Realm afterward, like how chocolate melt and stuff, but I probably wouldn't dismiss him just in case, since Jagex didn't say anything about getting Eek back. One of the thing I was able to keep from before was the Turkey book and this purple potion thing to dye your cat in their respective events. I am sure once I drop or toss them away,I wont be able to recover them anymore.

This is just my guess, but you might be able to get Eek back if you talk to the Spider Herald. I'm not very sure though (hence guess).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

This is just my guess, but you might be able to get Eek back if you talk to the Spider Herald. I'm not very sure though (hence guess).

Good, now we just need a volunteer to try it out and confirm our hypothetical reasonings, lol

a happy Runescaper

You can get eek easily back for diango or your treasure chest in the pow... (Why don't people check this out lol)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You will keep Eek, as she is listed as one of the rewards.

The reason the eggs melt is because they don't want the price of the real easter eggs crashing, however there were also indicators that they would disappear after the event. The imp also disappeared because of the huge server load caused on free worlds by everyone and their sister having a familiar out.

Eek is, for all intense and purpose, just another item. An item that gives your character an extra animation or two, but a unique, un-obstructive item. I can't see her going anywhere.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You will keep Eek, as she is listed as one of the rewards.

The reason the eggs melt is because they don't want the price of the real easter eggs crashing, however there were also indicators that they would disappear after the event. The imp also disappeared because of the huge server load caused on free worlds by everyone and their sister having a familiar out.

Eek is, for all intense and purpose, just another item. An item that gives your character an extra animation or two, but a unique, un-obstructive item. I can't see her going anywhere.

Ah, I see.

Then I'll be able to keep Eek forever! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Anyone figure out the deal with all the normal black capes running around?

I don't see anyone running around with the black cape...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I don't see anyone running around with the black cape...

I see them all the time. Anyways, what I am saying is, does anyone know about the "additional" reward?

You would think it isn't that hard to detect that someone has 76k coins and nothing else.

Wasting your money there.

76k in noted willow longbows (u) more likely

Noted items don't count towards death risk. As should coins, tbfh

If coins didn't count people would adapt to die with items for example, a rune plate and a med helm, that would take you just about right to the limit I think.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Eek is hawt. :thumbsup:

Eek_dialogue.png

Zomg. :ohnoes:

Also, did anyone notice this?

Web-cursor.png

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Eek_dialogue.png

Web-cursor.png

Yeah saw it too. Jagex had great timing introducing these things, as I already shiver at the thought of right-clicking 64 pieces of furniture... :ohnoes:

EDIT: Right-clicking over one hundred pieces of furniture that is, with only 64 being webable (lol) :razz:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Eek_dialogue.png

Web-cursor.png

Yeah saw it too. Jagex had great timing introducing these things, as I already shiver at the thought of right-clicking 64 pieces of furniture... :ohnoes:

EDIT: Right-clicking over one hundred pieces of furniture that is, with only 64 being webable (lol) :razz:

If I had seen that before it would have saved me a bit of annoyance. #-o

Regardless anyways I loved the event! Finally had time to do it today and just completed it. Eek is going everywhere with me now. <3:

Eek_dialogue.png

Web-cursor.png

If I had seen that before it would have saved me a bit of annoyance. #-o

Regardless anyways I loved the event! Finally had time to do it today and just completed it. Eek is going everywhere with me now. <3:

If you wield Eek the only left click options are ones you can web

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png