Van vs chi: van in 5

Det vs ana: det in 6

Sj vs nsh: nsh in 5

Phx vs lak: phx in 4

Phi vs buf: phi in 7

Was vs nyr: was in 4

Bos vs mtl: mtl in 6

Pit vs tbl: tbl in 5

Can't see Chi only winning one against van....same with sj vs nsh. I also see la winning at least one against phx, but I have them to win personally. Can't see wsh sweeping ny either.

The west is so volatile though :mellow:

The setups aren't set in stone.

So I'll do the east for now:

PHI vs BUF - PHI in 5

WAS vs NYR - WAS in 6

BOS vs MTL - MTL in 7

PIT vs TB - TB in 6

But just for fun I guess, the west:

VAN vs CHI - VAN in 6

DET vs ANA - ANA in 6

SJS vs NSH - SJS in 5

PHX vs LAK - PHX in 5

Think pit has more experience then TB to be honest.

ANA vs. DET will be a good one for sure (if it happens).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I will wait till they actually set the standings in stone before I make my predictions.

Because, if, you know, the Leafs make it to the playoffs, Kessel will be hoisting the Cup this year fo sho!

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Well, since I don't have any r/l money on this (unlike my other bets), I've decided to be creative. Anaheim in the playoffs period is pure entertainment, seeing as they tend to have some of the funniest-to-watch post season games. Nashville is kinda my 'luxury pick', due to the fact that every other source is saying that sj will win in 5. As for was vs nyr, I expect the nyr goaltending to be horrible, with one of the games having washington winning 5-0, or 6-1.

div>

Lundy's post-season record is pretty abysmal tbh. And against washington, there's only really so much a few powerful forwards can do. Not to mention the fact that washington's defence has completely shut down ny this season.

div>

The west is so volatile though :mellow:

The setups aren't set in stone.

So I'll do the east for now:

PHI vs BUF - PHI in 5

WAS vs NYR - WAS in 6

BOS vs MTL - MTL in 7

PIT vs TB - TB in 6

But just for fun I guess, the west:

VAN vs CHI - VAN in 6

DET vs ANA - ANA in 6

SJS vs NSH - SJS in 5

PHX vs LAK - PHX in 5

Think pit has more experience then TB to be honest.

ANA vs. DET will be a good one for sure (if it happens).

My reason is the injuries to Crosby and Malkin, along with the suspension of Matt Cooke (who when he doesn't do [developmentally delayed] things, is a solid defensive guy). TB just has too much, via Stamkos, St. Louis (who's been on fire), Lecavalier, Roloson who I think will be great. If you think about it, TB has excellent leadership AND experience in St. Louis, Lecavalier and Roloson.

And yah, ANA vs any team will be great, especially with the way Perry and Selanne have been playing. Their goaltending might be a worry though...

Staurolite.png

My reason is the injuries to Crosby and Malkin, along with the suspension of Matt Cooke (who when he doesn't do [developmentally delayed] things, is a solid defensive guy). TB just has too much, via Stamkos, St. Louis (who's been on fire), Lecavalier, Roloson who I think will be great. If you think about it, TB has excellent leadership AND experience in St. Louis, Lecavalier and Roloson.

And yah, ANA vs any team will be great, especially with the way Perry and Selanne have been playing. Their goaltending might be a worry though...

Can't see goaltending being a problem for ANA now that Hiller is back and Emery is playing as well as he has.

I forgot about the Cooke suspension though - that'll really hurt them. He's arguably the best penalty killer in the league.

polvCwJ.gif

Anaheim has always had good goaltending though, tbh. Them vs detroit is more or less a crap-shoot, seeing as during the reg.season, detroit leads. But in the post-season, anaheim has the adv. I guess it'll really come down to who they stick in net.

As for pittsburgh, they're doomed. Tampa has gained too much this year, in the form of solid goaltending, and 2 young rookies who are playing elite. The only real way pittsburg can win is if crosby comes back, and scores 50 goals against them.

div>

Can't see goaltending being a problem for ANA now that Hiller is back and Emery is playing as well as he has.

I forgot about the Cooke suspension though - that'll really hurt them. He's arguably the best penalty killer in the league.

Hiller didn't play today b/c of vertigo, again. Which sucks though because he's a great goalie.

Staurolite.png

Hiller didn't play today b/c of vertigo, again. Which sucks though because he's a great goalie.

Ahh I thought he got over that. That could be a problem for the ducks then.

Opinions for rookie of the year? I'm torn between Jeff Skinner and Corey Crawford.

polvCwJ.gif

You're torn? I'm pretty sure skinner has it locked up. Crawford may be good, but rookie-goalie wise, the only true way he could've won is if he had the same breakout year as neuvirth/varlamov. Oh, and without hiller, the ducks are doomed. Hiller's been the best goalie in anaheim for the past 3 years, and emery, while good in his own right, has never really shined in the playoffs. That, and hiller brings an odd sense of leadership to a team full of leaders.

div>

There's more to rookie of the year though then just numbers. Crawford has grabbed the number 1 job on the defending champs in his rookie season, all while posting pretty good numbers...

polvCwJ.gif

True, but in all reality, any decent goaltender could've done the same thing. Last year chicago won the cup all the while using 2 goalies with cruddy stats. Mind you, if he does get rookie of the year, then expect him to win the vezina the following year (as 8 of the last 9 rookie goalies have done so going all the way back to 84). I guess it really all comes down to how far chicago makes it in the playoffs. Anything past the 2nd round and he's won it.

div>

Even if carolina doesn't make it, he'll still need to play at least somewhat respectably. After all, we all know what happened to pavelec during his rookie season. He had outstanding numbers during the first 60 games, then botched it horribly during the last 22 and missed out on the award.

div>

They won't make it, but no, they aren't mathematically eliminated.

They're still playing like they have a chance, which makes the games fun to watch at least. Oh, and Kessel ties his career high for points/season tonight.

EDIT: Wow, great win. Nazem "niftymittens" Kadri according to Pierre McGuire.

AND a_i_g, you must be pleased minn or edm will finally win tonight :P

polvCwJ.gif

They won't make it, but no, they aren't mathematically eliminated.

They're still playing like they have a chance, which makes the games fun to watch at least. Oh, and Kessel ties his career high for points/season tonight.

EDIT: Wow, great win. Nazem "niftymittens" Kadri according to Pierre McGuire.

AND a_i_g, you must be pleased minn or edm will finally win tonight :P

Woohoo!!! I'm happy :lol:

Pierre McGuire can be such a tool sometimes just IMO.

Didn't watch the game though, was playing NHL 2009 with my friends. I played as the Huston Aeros and Lulea (Eliteserien) just so I get to play Clutterbuck and Omark haha. I beat Anaheim and Pittsburg with them respectively :shades:

Staurolite.png

Yeah Pierre McGuire is probably the most annoying sportscaster in hockey.

And lol'd at John Tortorella's press conference after the rangers game.

polvCwJ.gif