The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Meh, according to aunte having a negative +/- automatically makes you a liability.. I say good riddance.

I hope the habs play the bruins and not philly!

Looks like that's happening. Will be a series to watch, that's for sure.

I think I want the habs to win, so boston's draft pick is higher :D

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Meh, according to aunte having a negative +/- automatically makes you a liability.. I say good riddance.

I hope the habs play the bruins and not philly!

Looks like that's happening. Will be a series to watch, that's for sure.

I think I want the habs to win, so boston's draft pick is higher :D

I think this is the first time I have ever wanted the Habs to win a playoff series, really.

Hoping for a Stars win right now. The playoffs look exciting this year.

Habs vs. Bruins- I love original six match ups

Wings potentially play the same two teams as last year...

And finally a Canadian team with a chance to win. I'd love to see a 7 game Canucks/Wings semi final, regardless of the winner.

Wings or Canucks vs. Bruins or Habs would be my ideal Stanley Cup for this year. Anyone but the Blackhawks or Penguins tbh.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Wings or Canucks vs. Bruins or Habs would be my ideal Stanley Cup for this year. Anyone but the Blackhawks or Penguins tbh.

Canucks vs Habs... *faints* <3:

The amount of beer I would drink during those games would be uuuunhealthy, but I have my doubts about getting past the Bruins in the first round :ohnoes:

hiccup.png

Where did I say I was equating the leafs to the wings? They're nothing alike.

I'm equating Kulemin to Datsyuk. If you actually watched leafs games you'd know that Kulemin is the best two way forward they have, and most underrated.

Forgive me for showing you stats that don't support your misconceptions.

You're forgiven in believing that you can compare the stats of any two players and find them to mean anything. :rolleyes:

And, once again, you missed the POINT.

Datsyuk had legendary HALL OF FAME mentors -- including Igor Larionov, Sergei Fedorov and Steve Yzerman.

Who the [bleep] is going to mentor Kulemin? Really? Phil Kessel? :lol:

You're off your nut.

So without good mentors, you're destined to fail as a player?

I give up -- you're hopeless. Completely and utterly hopeless.

Have fun watching the Leafs crawl through the next decade, dude. Perhaps 10 years from now you'll get the poo out from between your ears.

:rolleyes:

Good, hope we won't see you around here again.

Oh -- you'll see me around here. I',m just done talking to Yguy about how hopeless his optimism is about the Leafs.

Meanwhile, I can't leave poor Foursides alone in here with you morons. He needs somebody ELSE in here to talk who actually knows SOMETHING about hockey, because the rest of you sure as hell don't.

And yes, I realize how incredibly grating that someone without a penis knows more about hockey than most of the "men" on here -- really, it's shameful that none of you know your ass from your elbows around this sport.

Now -- my predictions for round 1 of the playoffs:

First Round Matchups (Best of 7)

(1) WSH vs. (8) NYR - Washington in 5

(1) VAN vs. (8) CHI - Vancouver in 6

(2) PHI vs. (7) BUF - Philly in 5 -- CAVEAT: Buffalo in 7 if Miller is or gets to be truly healthy*

(2) SJ vs. (7) LA - San Jose in 5

(3) BOS vs. (6) MTL - Montreal in 6

(3) DET vs. (6) PHX - Detroit in 6

(4) PIT vs. (5) TB - Pittsburgh in 7

(4) ANA vs. (5) NAS - Anaheim in 6

----------- ========== -------------

(*) IF Miller is really and truly healthy -- he COULD be the series stealer for the Philly/Buffalo series. If that's the case, expect Buffalo to go deep and break a lot of hearts. That said, from what I have seen over the past few weeks, Miller's not even close to being truly "game ready", and I don't expect him to be "game ready" till game 3 or 4 -- and game ready isn't his top form either. If he's not ready to go by game 1, don't expect Buffalo to last very long.

nyuseg.png

Meh, I just hope it isn't the hawks vs flyers. Kinda sick of the whole 'same teams in finals every 2 years' thing that the penguins/wings started.

I would especially hate to see that since it would be the Flyers' turn to win.

I am kind of hoping for a Vancouver vs Washington final, but I doubt Washington will get the goaltending they need for that to happen. If Vancouver can finally beat Chicago in the playoffs, they have a pretty good chance to make it, though.

To be fair though, the same could be said about miller as it could be about bryzgalov. If bryz plays as good as he's done in the past 2 seasons, then expect phx to have an incredibly huge goaltending edge over sj. Also, if montreal actually manages to stop whining when price (their cruddy wanna-be hero goaltender) doesn't do well, then they could manage to win that series. Mind you, with all that's happened this year for boston, I expect them to possibly make the eastern finals.

After reviewing the statistics, I've come to a pretty interesting conclusion: there is no way tampa can lose in the first round. Tampa's had amazing defence, incredibly consistant scoring, and is playing like they did when they won the cup years ago. Factor in them also being 13-5 against pittsburg in their last 18 meetings, and they undoubtably have an edge.

First round re-predictions (due to playoff shifts and such):

Van vs chi: van in 5

Sj vs lak: lak in 6

Det vs phx: phx in 5

Ana vs nsh: ana in 4

Phi vs buf: phi in 7

Bos vs mtl: bos in 6

Pit vs tbl: tbl in 5

Was vs nyr: was in 4

div>

To be fair though, the same could be said about miller as it could be about bryzgalov. If bryz plays as good as he's done in the past 2 seasons, then expect phx to have an incredibly huge goaltending edge over sj. Also, if montreal actually manages to stop whining when price (their cruddy wanna-be hero goaltender) doesn't do well, then they could manage to win that series. Mind you, with all that's happened this year for boston, I expect them to possibly make the eastern finals.

After reviewing the statistics, I've come to a pretty interesting conclusion: there is no way tampa can lose in the first round. Tampa's had amazing defence, incredibly consistant scoring, and is playing like they did when they won the cup years ago. Factor in them also being 13-5 against pittsburg in their last 18 meetings, and they undoubtably have an edge.

First round re-predictions (due to playoff shifts and such):

Van vs chi: van in 5

Sj vs lak: lak in 6

Det vs phx: phx in 5

Ana vs nsh: ana in 4

Phi vs buf: phi in 7

Bos vs mtl: bos in 6

Pit vs tbl: tbl in 5

Was vs nyr: was in 4

Yeah curious to see how Neimi plays. Gotta give the edge to Bryz though.

Also, MTL wouldn't be talking playoffs without price. Why I've got Boston to win. The question for tampa is goaltending - if Roloson can come through, tampa will win. But it is an if.

New predictions:

VAN vs. CHI - VAN in 7

SJS vs. LAK - SJS in 6

DET vs. PHX - PHX in 7

ANA vs. NSH - ANA in 7

PHI vs. BUF - BUF in 6

BOS vs. MTL - BOS in 7

PIT vs. TBL - TBL in 7

WSH vs. NYR - WSH in 5

polvCwJ.gif

Did some cleaning. Please carry on with the topic (within Tip.It forum rules, obviously).

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

Did some cleaning. Please carry on with the topic (within Tip.It forum rules, obviously).

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

Do you play "ice hockey" Necro? Do you have children who play it? Or a spouse who's played?

Do you know anything about the sport at all?

I am curious.

nyuseg.png

In regards to my supposed territory, please consult the middle word in my badge. You can't run from me :wink:.

1) It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize calling people the not so nice word for "Delayed" is flaming.

2) I consider myself a hockey fan and approved the action, you already know you can repost the story of your son's benching if you do it without calling other forum users names

3) Red Wings to win it all.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

You know, it amuses me to see how people cannot comprehend that the 869th (out of 879) player in +/- isn't a liability.

I am not saying that all players with a negative +/- are a liability I am saying that the 869th player (out of 879) IS A LIABILITY.

I am also saying that, to trade away three (3 THREE) potential super-star prospects for the 869th biggest liability on the ice is a bad move.

Now please tell me which of those two concepts is beyond your scope of comprehension?

nyuseg.png

1) It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize calling people [developmentally delayed]ed is flaming

2) I consider myself a hockey fan and approved the action, you already know you can repost the story of your son's benching if you do it without calling other people [developmentally delayed]ed.

3) Red Wings to win it all.

1. Then why not simply remove the offensive CONTENT and not the entire post?

2. If you'd read my post, you'd know my son was the goal-tender -- he wasn't "benched".

3. As a Red Wings fan, I'd LIKE to agree with you, but they're too banged up to go that far this season. We're already playing our 3rd string goaltender ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

By god, so this is what mods can do? If that's the case, then I guess any/all posts made regarding toronto can be removed seeing as their useless spam. After all, we all know that they're not gonna be doing much in the next 200years.

div>

can't say I read the giant wall of text in entirety --I skipped to the part that was violating the rules, and then went about to managing my fantasy baseball team - Your son's not in the NHL, so I have little interest in his story - it's little league, crap like that happens OFTEN - I do have interest in flaming - and can figure that out without knowing your son's statistics/position.

By god, so this is what mods can do? If that's the case, then I guess any/all posts made regarding toronto can be removed seeing as their useless spam. After all, we all know that they're not gonna be doing much in the next 200years.

I pull for the Texans in NFL and Clippers in the NBA - I know all about pulling for a loser - it's contributing to a topic and usually humorous for the rest of the Sports fans in the topic. That's a bit of an over-reaction.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

can't say I read the giant wall of text in entirety --I skipped to the part that was violating the rules, and then went about to managing my fantasy baseball team - Your son's not in the NHL, so I have little interest in his story - it's little league, crap like that happens OFTEN - I do have interest in flaming - and can figure that out without knowing your son's statistics/position.

So -- you didn't actually read my post. What a shocker. :rolleyes:

Oh -- and this is the "Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread" -- not the "NHL" thread. You removed content that was applicable to the forum topic, and germane to the subject matter at hand.

nyuseg.png

Well, das, if you had read it, you would've realized that the entire wall of text was summing up the point of +/- actually being a useful thing. That, and it continued on a pretty funny arguement in which yguy tries to prove that the leafs are doing the near-impossible.

div>

Well, das, if you had read it, you would've realized that the entire wall of text was summing up the point of +/- actually being a useful thing. That, and it continued on a pretty funny arguement in which yguy tries to prove that the leafs are doing the near-impossible.

Nobody said the post removed wasn't in some way useful. It was removed because it was flamy and disrespectful. Find a way to state your opinion without insults and it will stay.

Also, as I've said many times, you aren't reading my posts. Show me where I'm trying to prove the leafs are doing the near-impossible in any way, shape, or form.

polvCwJ.gif

You're a leafs fan yguy...any time you try to prove that the leafs are doing good, it's more or less trying to prove that they're doing the near impossible. Facts are: the leafs are not in the playoffs. Therefore, they are not good, their team stinks, and many of their players are not good. You trying to prove that kessel will benefit the team more than 3 picks? It's like me trying to prove that every runescape moderator can be killed with a tapioca bullet...

div>