The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Was awesome watching my Sharks win in OT at the bar.

Even though I'm Canadian and hope either the Sharks, Canucks, or Habs make it to the final (and win), I still don't think the Canucks are as good as other teams in the Conference. No other team in the division made the playoffs, so a lot of their wins came from beating up on terrible teams. They're a good team, but I don't think they're Stanley Cup good. The Sharks are in the hardest division in the league though, with 4/5 teams making the playoffs with Dallas losing on the last day.

I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see a cup come to Canada.

That's true, but bear in mind the Canucks have a winning record (on the season) against almost every other team as well. Even against the Pacific division they still had a 13-5-2 record.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Even though I'm Canadian and hope either the Sharks, Canucks, or Habs make it to the final (and win), I still don't think the Canucks are as good as other teams in the Conference. No other team in the division made the playoffs, so a lot of their wins came from beating up on terrible teams. They're a good team, but I don't think they're Stanley Cup good. The Sharks are in the hardest division in the league though, with 4/5 teams making the playoffs with Dallas losing on the last day.

That's true, but bear in mind the Canucks have a winning record (on the season) against almost every other team as well. Even against the Pacific division they still had a 13-5-2 record.

That's good then. Any excuse to believe a Canadian team is a legitimate contender is good enough for me.

And I just wanted to post this link here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/667463-winnipeg-jets-return-imminent-true-north-sports-to-unveil-ticket-drive

I'm getting hyped. A chance to see the NHL up close and in person? Yes please. Nothing official though, but if we're selling tickets it must be damn close.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

That's good then. Any excuse to believe a Canadian team is a legitimate contender is good enough for me.

And I just wanted to post this link here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/667463-winnipeg-jets-return-imminent-true-north-sports-to-unveil-ticket-drive

I'm getting hyped. A chance to see the NHL up close and in person? Yes please. Nothing official though, but if we're selling tickets it must be damn close.

Yeah, I think it's likely the Coyotes will move. I don't think it's official yet.

Glad ANA and VAN won, and wow PIT got roflstomped :P

polvCwJ.gif

Wow, Boston is getting spanked. Down 2-0 two minutes in.

I still think if they can play their game they can easily beat MTL - but the habs are playing well and Boston has been terrible.

polvCwJ.gif

drew doughty is a beast. basically beat san jose by himself

and lol @ boston. how hard are they choking

Yeah. Def shouldn't have picked Boston to win in 6.

polvCwJ.gif

I laughed when the Chicago band-wagoners booed their own team at the end of that game. Let's hope for a sweep.

Still hoping for the Wings/Canucks semi final :pray:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

About an hour ago I was eating some mood-raising icecream and thinking about how amazing a trade of Marleau and Heatley for Duncan Keith would be (was 4-1 in the second). Now it's 5-5 and the second period just ended. Life is good again!

25zhwts.png

Nice sweep by the Wings tonight :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Winnipeg Jets]I wonder why that had to happen...

med_gallery_2028_3_88472.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Nice sweep by the Wings tonight :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Winnipeg Jets]I wonder why that had to happen...

med_gallery_2028_3_88472.jpg

I'm buying the first available Doan jersey as soon as they come back and jerseys are available. Gonna get my white out on.

I really should stop hyping myself up in case they don't come though...

25zhwts.png

Yeah I was way off on that prediction. I said phx in 7 (and given what happened last year I thought it was pretty reasonable).

Bad time for Bryz to stink it up too, considering he's UFA.

All the other series' worked out in my favour last night though.

polvCwJ.gif