The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Anaheim already has 2 decent goaltenders, and giguere's stock is crashing and burning. Cap space is still cap space, as with more, toronto can make their team better.

Giguere is getting old, yeah. I doubt they renew his contract (remember he's a UFA come July 1st) or if they do it'll be for a very low amount. But cap space is pointless when you don't use it. Starting this next season, they will have to worry about cap space, if they find a #1 centre. That's why they wouldn't take Giguere now.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Cap space is still useful when they do use it. They could've signed nabokov for 1 year and, provided they didn't resign him, he'd still be more beneficial than giguere. My prediction: giguere doesn't get resigned/picked up by any team, and goes to russia where he plays/retires.

div>

Cap space is still useful when they do use it. They could've signed nabokov for 1 year and, provided they didn't resign him, he'd still be more beneficial than giguere. My prediction: giguere doesn't get resigned/picked up by any team, and goes to russia where he plays/retires.

Lol Nabokov. He's hardly better.....

But the question still remains - how do they get rid of Toskala without taking Giguere?

I think Giguere will be signed, probably as a backup not making more than $1m a year.

polvCwJ.gif

soooo in non-Leafs news...

Devils wins the lottery to move to 4th. Ottawa gets bumped from 5th to 6th lel. sucks they played anderson

i like how they keep calling this draft "different" as if no one knows the draft in general looks really shallow

Yeah. Lucky for the devils though it would seem.

I don't think this draft is different, nor shallow. I just don't think there's a franchise player, but there are still a lot of good prospects.

polvCwJ.gif

Wooooohoooo go Oilers :lol:

Get that #1 pick baby!

Haha small consolation I guess eh. Hate to say it but I think they may end up with another #1 next season as well...

polvCwJ.gif

I can see SJ sweeping...can't see PHI sweeping though. They've been playing really badly, Buf has been playing really well, and Pronger's still not back.

polvCwJ.gif

Wooooohoooo go Oilers :lol:

Get that #1 pick baby!

Haha small consolation I guess eh. Hate to say it but I think they may end up with another #1 next season as well...

Haha that would actually be embarrasing. I don't get the whole TANK for 3-5 years mentality. Three 30th place finishes in a row is nothing to be proud of, why are some Oiler fans hoping for that! You can get good players at 5-10 picks too!

Staurolite.png

Pfffft you took Camms? It's all about Gionta this time around! My picks are terrible, if either Vancouver or Montreal loses I lose, too. That's why I don't do hockey pools.

i liked watching cammi play last year so yeah went with him this time. best team to stack on is San Jose.

The canucks are headed where they were precisely because burke is good at what he does.

You mean trading players for first round draft picks? :rolleyes:

BAZINGA!

get a clue and move on. it's the playoffs and it's sad all you want to do is talk about the leafs

NONE of you is impressing anyone regurgitating the same crap over and over

The canucks are headed where they were precisely because burke is good at what he does.

You mean trading players for first round draft picks? :rolleyes:

BAZINGA!

get a clue and move on. it's the playoffs and it's sad all you want to do is talk about the leafs

NONE of you is impressing anyone regurgitating the same crap over and over

Wow -- now THAT's insulting! Maybe I should report it?

Nah -- you say nothing of value here, or anywhere else you post.

Oh -- and I GOT a clue already. The Sedin twins are Vancouver's ticket to the BIG show -- and do YOU know how Vancouver obtained them?

I'll give you a hint -- they didn't trade away draft picks for them ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

WAtching the Habs vs Boston game at ... Boston Pizza...

woops!

HEY BLYAUNTE, SORRY TO GET ALL PHILOSOPHICAL ON YOU, BUT IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

Think I'm going to manage to watch tonight hopefully

polvCwJ.gif

damn it fastortoise, i should've taken your advise. gionta is on fire

Blywhateveryournameis, sorry didn't know you're a woman

Lol'd xD.

That was a hell of a game. But I have a feeling Camms will score plenty.

Staurolite.png

Was awesome watching my Sharks win in OT at the bar.

Even though I'm Canadian and hope either the Sharks, Canucks, or Habs make it to the final (and win), I still don't think the Canucks are as good as other teams in the Conference. No other team in the division made the playoffs, so a lot of their wins came from beating up on terrible teams. They're a good team, but I don't think they're Stanley Cup good. The Sharks are in the hardest division in the league though, with 4/5 teams making the playoffs with Dallas losing on the last day.

I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see a cup come to Canada.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything