The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Meh. I do think the nucks will win whoever they play, but I don't see it being a breeze through. I think it goes at least 6 games.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Sharks played outstanding tonight, no question about that. Van/SJ should be a long series.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

van in 5

bos in 5

We all thought they'd breeze through vs CHI too.

Any team is able to beat another on any given night IMO.

nashville and chicago have very good top 4 shutdown dmen that kept the sedin line quiet. i cant say SJ has that type of D

Sure, SJS doesn't have Suter/Weber or Keith/Seabrook, but they do have 3 very solid lines, arguably 3 top-2 lines if I am making sense.

Pavelski, Thorton and Heatley's lines are very good, and they'll match up well against Kesler and Sedin. That leaves one SJS line to match up against Van's 3rd (Hodgson?). Idk who's on Van's 3rd, but without Malhotra, it just isn't the same.

And, I don't like Vancouver so I like to make them sound bad in my head :P

Btw Yguy, loved the Hipster Chara pic on that other thread, I was gonna post one but I felt no one would get it, except you lol.

Staurolite.png

Lol @ boston.

Sucks for Kaberle though, thought he played a great game except for that awful giveaway...

Well, he used to be on the Leafs. ;)

[/shameful joke considering I'm a Leaf fan :-# )

j0xPu5R.png

VAN-SJ Game was good. Like previous games, the Sharks flopped in the 3rd. Huge disappointment with the Sharks right...

Ahh I'm torn in this series.

I really want the sharks to do well but gotta root for vancouver, being canadian and all...

polvCwJ.gif

I'd be cool with a SJ/BOS final too though. The only team I really don't want to win is TB, only because if they do they'll spawn their glorified trap imitations, which makes for pretty boring hockey.

polvCwJ.gif

Hating on the trap :shame:

It's not like other teams don't trap, TB just does it so well that it deserves to get mentioned.

And i'm rooting for TB because of Rolie <3:

TB is the only trap team in the playoffs currently. Boston plays good D, focused but I wouldn't call it the trap. Also, TB doesn't play a true trap, and the reason I hate the trap is because it's boring. Good thing is, Tampa has enough offensive firepower to keep the games pretty interesting.

polvCwJ.gif

Alot of teams play the trap. Why else do teams dump the puck in? To get past the trap and battle for the puck.

TB just plays it consistently.

That being said though, in game 1 they didn't play 1-3-1 all the time, and that was a big reason why they beat the Bruins. They forced turnovers and scored goals with a VERY DEEP 2-3 forecheck. Boston prepared for the 1-3-1 but didn't see this curveball from Guy Boucher.

Staurolite.png