The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Alot of teams play the trap. Why else do teams dump the puck in? To get past the trap and battle for the puck.

TB just plays it consistently.

That being said though, in game 1 they didn't play 1-3-1 all the time, and that was a big reason why they beat the Bruins. They forced turnovers and scored goals with a VERY DEEP 2-3 forecheck. Boston prepared for the 1-3-1 but didn't see this curveball from Guy Boucher.

A lot of teams play the trap on occasion. Many teams don't play it regularly...

But yeah, one thing Boucher is very good at is flexible strategy. He's the complete opposite of Julien in that regard, which hurts boston a lot I think.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Haha yah, their defence was pretty bad in that second period.

But how many penalties did Malone get that were actually penalties? Phantom elbow, and a bruins player running into their own goalie. Officials were bad that game, for both sides.

Staurolite.png

Ugh, I felt like knocking Eager... especially after the hit to Sedin. It was a "clean" hit in that he wasn't playing with his back to Eager the entire time, but still... you could tell he was out for blood and should have been thrown out after his 3rd penalty.

hiccup.png

Boobs? Where?!!

funny-sports-pictures-hockey-game-flash.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Sharks played like crap in game 2. SI just hope they keep Eager benched for the series. He played like an idiot for taking so many penalties.

Right now, game 3 is looking good. Sj is 2/3 on the power play and Marleau is FINALLY being a big player, he's got 2 goals! *shock*

SJ is playing really good right now. Enjoying the game really well :D

Vancouver came back pretty well though. Still, never expected that series to be a wash. Interesting to see how it goes.

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah lmao. Still, Buff is a D now so that helps Lou out :P

And Van goes up 3-1.....funny how the power plays worked out...

polvCwJ.gif