The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

And it looks like Atlanta to Winnipeg is official now. I wonder how they'll make out...

Gary Bettman seems very against this idea. Was always against Canada and the NHL for some reason... <_<

At least it went through anyway.

j0xPu5R.png

Oh, I know why he was against it; the potential in the american markets is much bigger, it makes the NHL much more money.

But bad ownership made it fail, he had no choice.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Wow, what an odd game. 19 seconds left and they score...

Good thing luongo always chokes in big games :rolleyes:

Yeah that was a strange way to end a game. I expected it to go into overtime.

j0xPu5R.png

And it looks like Atlanta to Winnipeg is official now. I wonder how they'll make out...

Hopefully they should fare much better this time around.

The question is, what will they call it? Jets? Falcons? Roughriders?

:lol:

nyuseg.png

I hope they go with Jets again tbh, but apparently the picture of the queen won't be back :(

She never paid for the seat anyways ... :lol:

Jets is my choice, but I think the Coyotes organization actually still owns that name. <_<

"Falcons" has some history to it, which is cool, too. But Jets is a first choice as far as I care. I can see why the Coyotes want to keep the name "Jets" from being used, though. It's their "team history", as it were, not the City of Winnipeg's.

nyuseg.png

Actually the nhl owns the name, so they could release it. I don't think it's that much of a long shot tbh, but I guess we'll see.

They probably won't announce a name until the governors actually ratify the move; which isn't until June 21st(assuming they do)

polvCwJ.gif

Actually the nhl owns the name, so they could release it. I don't think it's that much of a long shot tbh, but I guess we'll see.

They probably won't announce a name until the governors actually ratify the move; which isn't until June 21st(assuming they do)

Ah -- so the League owns it? Hmmm ...

It'd get a little "sticky" though to call the team the "Jets". I mean, really -- where would you hang Hawerchuk's jersey, for example?

nyuseg.png

Ah -- so the League owns it? Hmmm ...

It'd get a little "sticky" though to call the team the "Jets". I mean, really -- where would you hang Hawerchuk's jersey, for example?

What do you mean?

polvCwJ.gif

Ahaha he says he didn't, and that his(bergeron's) finger was just in his mouth :lol:

Bolduc on TSN: "That's just how French guys say hi"

I literally sat there, transfixed, for a solid 5 seconds before roflololmao'ing all over the place.

hiccup.png

Thomas had so many great saves so far. The game could very well be even right now if it weren't for him.

Also, Rome's hit was totally uncalled for. I hope Horton will be okay.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I don't see what was wrong with that hit at all other than it was late. It was north south, not charging....

Once again they're punishing for result, not action.

But that game was ridiculous.

polvCwJ.gif

The fact that it's late... Also a hit to the head.

But yah did you see Lucic taunting Burrows LMFAO, imo its difference than Lapierre on Bergeron b/c Burrows is the one who bit Bergeron.

Staurolite.png

Yeah that taunting was a bit much, especially given how CJ called it "classless" and said bruins players "would never do that". Still at least he came out after the game saying it wasn't acceptable.

polvCwJ.gif

Vancouver has had a blowout game every series now..

Game 4&5 vs. Chicago,

Game 5 vs. Nashville (considered a blowout because of how little offense Nashville actually has),

Game 3 vs. SJ

Game 3 vs. Bos

polvCwJ.gif

Vancouver has had a blowout game every series now..

Game 4&5 vs. Chicago,

Game 5 vs. Nashville (considered a blowout because of how little offense Nashville actually has),

Game 3 vs. SJ

Game 3 vs. Bos

I don't consider Game 3 of the SJ series a blowout for VAN, They almost came back.

Last nights game, yeah, that was a blowout. Or an utter thrashing.