The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

8UObz.png

Later...

Ffj7t.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I wanted Vancouver to win....

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I just did this so it would get on a new page and people would know what you ^ were referring to.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well, what I posted was meant to show that this guy wasn't even from Vancouver and that it sounds like he went there only to cause trouble. I saw a photo of a police car in Vancouver about 2 days after the "riot" covered with post-its saying thank-you and some other photos of the clean up effort. The city came together for a great cause and that outshines any trouble makers who were actually from Vancouver. It's a shame when a few people can give so many a bad name, especially since some people will irrationally never let Vancouver live this down. The fans who were actually at the game set a good example by not only staying after the loss, but applauding Thomas and the rest of the Bruins. The only one they booed was that horrible commissioner, which I would have done too even if my team won. Good luck to the Canucks next year, although I'm still hoping for an Original Six streak :thumbsup:.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Holy [cabbage], Philly just blew up :blink:

Holy [cabbage].

I saw carter OR richards going, but both? Wow. Something must have not been right in the room...

And apparently they aren't done either. I wonder if they'll go after b richards now?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

A post I made on another forum:

Philly has been busy today.

Flyers traded top goal scorer Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets for forward Jake Voracek and the club's first- and third-round picks.

The Flyers dealt Richards to L.A. for forwards Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds, and a second-round pick in the 2012 draft.

According to a report, the Flyers have signed Ilya Bryzgalov to a nine-year, $51 million deal

Flames have also asked Regehr to wave his no trade clause to go to Buffalo.

Also, the Winnipeg Roughriders (if I say it enough it will happen) have hired Claude Noel (Manitoba Moose Coach) to be their Coach.

My opinion on all of these: the Carter trade seems bad for the Flyers and good for the Blue Jackets. The Richards trade seems good for both teams. The Bryzgalov signing is hilarious from a Winnipeg fan's perspective (will explain), and I'm not sure about trading Regehr. I don't like the Noel signing, but Manitoba has been good with Coaches in the past.

Carter trade seems like they're relying on the draft pick, so maybe they have someone in mind they want for the future.

Brayden Schenn is going to be a great player, so that's the reason I like that trade for the Flyers. The Kings are now going to have a legitimate first line, with the possibility of Richards, Kopitar, and Brown on the same line, so that should be fun to watch now that Quick actually has some offensive talent.

Bryzgalov is not a character guy. He wanted to go to the KHL to be around Russians, he talks crap about Winnipeg after only being here once or twice. I'm glad he didn't come here and I'm glad he can go to Philly, where fans throw snowballs at Santa and are proud of it.

Noel to me seems like a guy who settles for average, and I'm basing this from what I saw when he coached the Moose. Hope I'm wrong and he's a mastermind at producing young talent.

And I heard the Flyers are going to go after Brad Richards as well. It has hit the fan.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

He played for Columbus so I've never seen him play lol. An 8th overall draft pick is good though. I guess the trade depends on how well Voracek does though, as if he's good it might be a good trade for Philly, and if he's bad it's a good trade for the Blue Jackets (although either way I think the Jackets got a good deal, as a first line centre for them at that price is pretty good).

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I heard the trade news on the radio this morning. I can't express how much I hate Pronger, even all those years he played with Blues I thuoght he was a dirty player--especially when he injured Steve Yzerman. I can see why there would have been a "rift" in the locker room, he seems like a jerk.

There you go Y Guy, I posted in the hockey thread :shades:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I heard the trade news on the radio this morning. I can't express how much I hate Pronger, even all those years he played with Blues I thuoght he was a dirty player--especially when he injured Steve Yzerman. I can see why there would have been a "rift" in the locker room, he seems like a jerk.

There you go Y Guy, I posted in the hockey thread :shades:

Epic!

Generally I like to use the "fan hate meter" of an indication of how effective the player is. Pronger is unquestionably dirty; but that's part of what makes him such an effective player. Look at other "hated" players, such as Lapierre and Marchand; and look at how effective they were in the playoffs this year...

polvCwJ.gif

Believe me, I don't mind a dirty player because as Gordie Howe said "If you shade the rules a bit, then you get more respect. That respect gives you more room and you can be a better hockey player." Pronger seems the type of player that is unaffected by injuring players and often seeks out dirty play instead of using it as a tool. He just strikes me as a particularly class-less hockey player.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Lol "class" is such an overused word in the hockey world. I see pronger as a guy who wants to win and does everything in his power to do so. He's arrogant and dirty, but that's what makes him a good player.

When I read "classless" I immediately thought: (all_is_great will get it)

2007+NHL+Headshots+lBkk_iXvpIIm.jpg

polvCwJ.gif

They give out the Lady Byng Trophy for a reason. Brad Richards, 2003-2004 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy recipient, classy hockey player. Doesn't get along with Pronger. Gee, I wonder why. There's shading the rules to gain respect and having the drive to do anything it takes to win, and then there's being a class-A douche on skates. Pronger fits the latter category.

My favorite memory of Chris Pronger:

He tries to yard-sale an injured Yzerman and gets what he deserves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb_fmWpcbag

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Liles to toronto, eh?

Pretty big contract but he's a pretty solid pmd, and it's only for another year anyways. This does make me wonder if they'll deal schenn though..

polvCwJ.gif