The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Paying for potential is not surprising anymore in the NHL, remember Ratislav Olesz? He had a 30 point season under his belt and he was given a 6 year 19mil deal. What a blunder that was, I am glad Burke doesn't hand out such contracts. 2 or 3 years seems to be a worthwhile risk but 6 or 7? If it doesn't work out, you are just handicapping yourself.

Paying for potential is not surprising anymore in the NHL, remember Ratislav Olesz? He had a 30 point season under his belt and he was given a 6 year 19mil deal. What a blunder that was, I am glad Burke doesn't hand out such contracts. 2 or 3 years seems to be a worthwhile risk but 6 or 7? If it doesn't work out, you are just handicapping yourself.

Yeah, I find myself hoping that both Myers and JVR end up sucking horribly.

Tyler Myers is making $12 million next year. That's ridiculous...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah, I find myself hoping that both Myers and JVR end up sucking horribly.

Tyler Myers is making $12 million next year. That's ridiculous...

I hope Buffalo crashes and burns, the new owner seems to have no discretion whatsoever. We are definitely headed for another lockout and that is honestly quite sad. All these cap circumventing deals are really going to hurt us when the next CBA is being discussed. Just looking at the deals this summer for both Ehrhoff and Richards makes me cringe.

Oh and Schenn finally signed for a very decent 18mil over 5 years. Great deal for both sides.

I think Schenn will make that contract look amazing during the latter years. I think he has the offensive potential to become a great two-way dman. I remember that coast to coast goal last year, and I can tell that's talent. Even if he stays where he is right now, he's very worth 3.5m. Great signing imo.

Seems like Doughty's holding out... trade perhaps?!!

Staurolite.png

Tension growing between Doughty and the Kings, Lombardi says the Kings will dock 25k from their initial offer for every day Doughty misses in training camp. I don't know if pissing off potentially your franchise player is the way to go.

PLAN THE PARADE

Reminds me of everyone I associate with when the Wings make the playoffs.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

PLAN THE PARADE

Well, it's the wings so at least it's somewhat valid.

In other news, we got destroyed by Philly. You know what that means:

Yakupov_(39)0604.JPG

polvCwJ.gif

PLAN THE PARADE

Well, it's the wings so at least it's somewhat valid.

In other news, we got destroyed by Philly. You know what that means:

Yakupov_(39)0604.JPG

Lol reminds me of another Sting's player I wanted them to tank for. Would really like to see a good season this year, so no thanks to Yakupov.

Well the Leafs manage to somehow take one against a much stronger Philly lineup. Impressive win as most who played today will likely be cut. Scrivens (so far) looks like the best Leaf goalie this preseason which imo is not at all encouraging.

Well the Leafs manage to somehow take one against a much stronger Philly lineup. Impressive win as most who played today will likely be cut. Scrivens (so far) looks like the best Leaf goalie this preseason which imo is not at all encouraging.

I don't know about that, imo he wasn't tested as much as Gus, and the D fell apart in front of reimer yesterday.

RW is going to have to make some tough decisions in regards to D. With Komi playing much better than last year...I'm very curious to see what happens opening night.

polvCwJ.gif

I am curious as to where Kadri fits into the team. He has shown flashes of brilliance so far but is it enough to earn a roster spot. Bozak will likely center the 3rd line and he has looked good in preseason thus far. What happens when Lobardi comes back though, if Bozak is having a good season where will Lombardi fit in. The good news is we have plenty of options this year at center, which we did not have last year. I also expect Gardiner to get some time on the D sometime this season. He has looked solid both in the rookie tournament and in the preseason thus far. Frattin and Colborne should go back to the Marlies.

Going to the Habs vs Boston game on Monday night :) :) :)

Nice. Do the habs charge full price for preseason games too? The leafs do :(

@gold: Kadri has looked really good on that third line, I think he makes the team until lombardi comes back (when that is no one knows). As for gardiner, I don't know that he'd be called up. He's played really well, but people like Holzer and Lashoff are much more reliable defensively in that third pairing role. I see gardiner more as a replacement for Liles next year.

polvCwJ.gif