The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

phil kessel with a hat trick and the gwg. +3 in a 6-5 game.

what an overrated one dimensional player this guy is. terrible.

Lol yeah.

Still, I can't believe we almost blew that lead. Gardiner has looked pretty shaky so far - reinforces my belief that some time in the A would do him good. And that way Franson could actually play..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm sure all of the terrible decisions made in Atlanta with the franchise will be fixed within the next few seasons. I think playoffs by 2013/14 would be a good goal for the team. You need to remember that the team was bleeding cash in Atlanta and it certainly doesn't lack a fanbase in Winnipeg. I'd imagine that Winnipeg already has more fans than San Jose outside of the playoffs.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Yeah, I don't see Winnipeg making the playoffs this year either. They aren't really a bad team, they're just average. Problem is, there are a handful of "decent" teams all vying for the last few playoff spots.

You have 15 teams in the conference.

Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, Buffalo, Tampa and Philly are all pretty much locks to make the playoffs imo.

Ottawa and Florida are the only teams that have basically no chance to make the playoffs.

So that leaves you with all of NYR, NYI, CAR, MTL, TOR, WPG and NJ fighting for those last two playoff spots.

polvCwJ.gif

There's no way we're making the playoffs with a defense that either gives up a turnover or tries to lead the rush only to give up odd man rushes the other way. They'll be fine in a few years. A lot of people are saying that we'll go back to an empty arena after the 3 year season tickets are up, but that will just mean people like me can finally get tickets.

Oh well. Future is looking up for the Jets.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I don't think you'll go back to an empty arena at all - likely your attendance will be good for a long time. Just means that the team might not necessarily be good for a few years.

polvCwJ.gif

On the bright side if you are bad enough, you get to kick it off with what people are saying is going to be one of the best young talents in a few years with Yakupov. I personally would like to see Nail with the Jets rather than the Sens.

Jets win a game! Feels good man. Pavelec finally showed the goalie he's capable of being and the defense played a lot better.

I was so happy to see them finally win. Wednesday should be a good game, and if they play like they did tonight they should absolutely destroy Ottawa on Thursday.

Kessel with another three points tonight...12 points in 5 games, +7. Wow.

We really didn't deserve to win that game though - we've been really lucky thus far. We've had a bad period pretty much every game and that can't keep happening.

polvCwJ.gif

man i hope the blue jackets get a win soon

Yeah same, I feel really bad for them...

Still, can't really judge them fairly until Wiz and Carter are back.

polvCwJ.gif