The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

I love how Kessel is proving all the naysayers wrong, the "he always starts hot and fades" is finally dying out.

Yeah, nice to see some consistency from him.

On another note, Crosby 2 goals 2 assists in his first game back after missing 10 months. Ridiculous. His first was a a beauty.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Wanna know something cool? That movie was filmed in Minneapolis and the rink in that shot is in New Hope, MN. I've played multiple times there. Be jealous.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I love Original Six match ups. That Wings/Bruins games was one of the best games I've watched all season and there have been quite a few good ones. Datsyuk's puck-handling skills were absolutely incredible and Howard actually had a few great saves (2 close shots from Chara in overtime and one from Seguin in the shoot out).

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I really miss the Wings/Avs rivalry of the mid-90's. 'Twas the best I've seen in my lifetime.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Three game winning streak :D And even with a ton of injuries..

Both Bruce Boudreau and Paul Maurice fired today. I was expecting Maurice tbh, but I thought BB would have till the end of this season..

polvCwJ.gif

i like bruce. glad he got a job that fast.

hunter looks like he didn't make any instant impact in was. ovie maybe just sucks now.

There's a lot more wrong with that Capitals' team than just Ovechkin and a coach. They've been a bunch of under-achievers for quite a while now.

What they need is some genuine leadership -- and Ovechkin does not provide that. He's not a leader. Hell -- he's not even a team player.

Sadly -- they've got a lot of "million dollar talent(s) with 5-cent head(s)".

Oh, and they also need a goalie ...

nyuseg.png

i like bruce. glad he got a job that fast.

hunter looks like he didn't make any instant impact in was. ovie maybe just sucks now.

There's a lot more wrong with that Capitals' team than just Ovechkin and a coach. They've been a bunch of under-achievers for quite a while now.

What they need is some genuine leadership -- and Ovechkin does not provide that. He's not a leader. Hell -- he's not even a team player.

Sadly -- they've got a lot of "million dollar talent(s) with 5-cent head(s)".

Oh, and they also need a goalie ...

Don't agree with the goalie part, do agree about ovi not being a leader though. He should have been stripped of his captaincy before BB was fired, but it won't happen. I also don't think Hunter can improve things.

Curious to see which team snaps up Carlyle, burke already confirmed it won't be the leafs as RW is doing pretty well. Imo Columbus needs to fire both their coach AND gm..

polvCwJ.gif

I love watching a well-executed hit more than a goal any day. Wild are still runnin' Wild which is good to see.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Official new NHL alignment, including a home-and-home with each team guaranteed:

389410_10150421765394139_16313679138_8606510_1396935437_n.jpg

I expect Ontario/Quebec to get a team in Conference C and another team somewhere along the east coast. I figured Wisconsin should be getting the next team, but apparently not, as Conference B appears to be "full."

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Official new NHL alignment, including a home-and-home with each team guaranteed:

389410_10150421765394139_16313679138_8606510_1396935437_n.jpg

I expect Ontario/Quebec to get a team in Conference C and another team somewhere along the east coast. I figured Wisconsin should be getting the next team, but apparently not, as Conference B appears to be "full."

I was wondering about this, could Bettman be thinking on the lines of expansion? At first sight it definitely doesn't make sense as there quite a number of struggling teams but you can easily throw a team in Hamilton/any other Ontario city as well as a team in Quebec city and make things work. But for now I will readily take the 57% mathematical chance to make the playoffs.

This alignment is going to be much better. It's gonna be like when the North Stars were still in the league. Old midwestern rivalries rekindled!!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I don't much like the playoff format in this new setup, but other than that it looks good.

Claude Giroux is a beast. To think we picked Jiri Tlusty over him that year :wall:

polvCwJ.gif

I'm looking forward to the Winnipeg-Detroit game tomorrow. We've been playing really well, and if we can beat Boston we should have a decent chance against the Wings.

Quite honestly, the Jets have a pretty good team. I heard someone say that we were planning on rebuilding through the draft (like Edmonton has done so well) but I just looked at them like "what....!?". I think that playoffs this year would be a stretch, but if we keep the same core group and add a little here and there, playoffs next year, maybe 2 years down is not a stretch at all.

Also, Pavelec has been phenominal as of late.