The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Lol "class" is such an overused word in the hockey world. I see pronger as a guy who wants to win and does everything in his power to do so. He's arrogant and dirty, but that's what makes him a good player.

When I read "classless" I immediately thought: (all_is_great will get it)

2007+NHL+Headshots+lBkk_iXvpIIm.jpg

I'll give Pronger 3/5 for that attempt on Yzerman.

2007+NHL+Headshots+lBkk_iXvpIIm.jpg2007+NHL+Headshots+lBkk_iXvpIIm.jpg2007+NHL+Headshots+lBkk_iXvpIIm.jpg

Staurolite.png

Liles to toronto, eh?

Pretty big contract but he's a pretty solid pmd, and it's only for another year anyways. This does make me wonder if they'll deal schenn though..

Liles is a puck-mover. He is the replacement for Kaberle. I highly doubt Schenn is going anywhere for now.

I know he'd be good, but it does give them a little more depth on d (and schenn is the best trade bait they have for a #1c as Nonis said)

Happy we drafted biggs and percy, don't really know the others.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Richards to NYR, big surprise. Hopefully he meets a better fate than most of their other FA signings.

Also kind of surprised this Stamkos drama is still going on, I wonder how that'll play out...

polvCwJ.gif

I want to see the Leafs win a cup. They should have never closed the Gardens.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I want to see Toronto win too. And they just got better by trading Lebd"erp" for Franson! That was a good trade.

Not before Edmonton wins 5 more cups though, in a row... :pray:

Lol more BB trade larceny. Giving lebderp away for free would have been a good trade, but getting Franson out of it? Ridiculous. Not to mention that lombardi is pretty good if he ever actually plays again..

Our D is interesting now though.

Phaneuf-Aulie

Schenn-Liles

Franson-Gunnarsson

Komisarek

Not bad. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets moved (hopefully Komi :P)

polvCwJ.gif

Nashville needed to dump money and Lombardi has concussion issues and still isn't 100%

Franson is nice to have. he's a leafs fan from BC :o

I don't consider lombardi a key piece for the leafs. Kind of like the beachemin trade - lupul was nice to have but gardiner was the main piece.

But still, we got rid of lebda. I've been ecstatic all day :D

polvCwJ.gif

Nashville needed to dump money and Lombardi has concussion issues and still isn't 100%

Franson is nice to have. he's a leafs fan from BC :o

I don't consider lombardi a key piece for the leafs. Kind of like the beachemin trade - lupul was nice to have but gardiner was the main piece.

But still, we got rid of lebda. I've been ecstatic all day :D

Haha I can imagine. Lebda has been nothing short of craptastic for the Leafs. I doubt Lombardi plays anytime soon, I heard he still has trouble practising and it's been a year now. NSH is one of those teams on a budget so they had to let Franson go to clear cap space. The loss of Franson won't hurt them at all though, they have Blum as an up and comer on D, plus obviously Weber and Suter.

Staurolite.png

And WOWWOWOWOWOWOWO, Minny just traded Havlat for Heatley! Mind = BLOWN :blink:

I don't know what to think really, Havlat was our best player last year after Koivu and he was really tearing it up in the middle of the season, but last season for Heatley was dissapointing to say the least. Regardless of all that, it's hard to deny that Heatley is an elite sniper, and I :pray: :pray: to god he does well for the Wild. I'm so excited OMG>

EDIT: ok so it happened an hour ago, but I just found out :mellow:

Also, the San Jose Wild just became my 3rd favourite team :shades:

Staurolite.png

I have a Havlat official embroidered jersey :mellow:

Oh well, I think the Wild are making the right move by adding Setoguchi and Heatley. They need a revamp, this .500 crap has been going on for too long.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I mean, the players they have already are not really that bad, I just think the chemistry isn't there. I think the fresh start (coach, trade/free agent additions) is going to seriously help this club. They need to bring the Cup or at least the playoffs to MN.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Good luck!

I really wonder how BB and company are going to handle the defence over the next few years. With the exception of liles, no one is off the books next year and gardiner, blacker, mikus and holzer will all be looking for a roster spot (even this year to some extent).

Oh well, better too many than too few.

polvCwJ.gif

I would take Conklin over Emery. Unless Emery's attitude has changed, he isn't a good addition to the locker room.

Word out of anaheim this time around was that he was a great locker room presence and a very hard worker. Much more talented than conklin as well.

polvCwJ.gif