The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Tonight:

Gut says Vancouver wins. Thomas has been so good throughout the series, I think he's due for a bad game (which he's had in each of the prior series).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Turned on SportsCenter to get some previews for the game tonight, but apparently the fact that Lebron James chocked and that someone can hit a baseball without steroids is more important than a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final :thumbup:. I think Vancouver deserves the win, but I wouldn't mind if Boston won.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Congrats to the Bruins on their shut out win and to the Canucks for a great season. Thomas put up one of the best performances I have ever seen in this playoffs. Congrats tom him on MVP. I'm all for this Original Six streak that may be beginning...

Also, lol @ Chara for dropping the f bomb on live television when they won.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Congrats to the Bruins on their shut out win and to the Canucks for a great season. Thomas put up one of the best performances I have ever seen in this playoffs. Congrats tom him on MVP. I'm all for this Original Six streak that may be beginning...

Also, lol @ Chara for dropping the f bomb on live television when they won.

Maybe the Leafs have some hope then? :lol:

j0xPu5R.png

Despite being a Canadian I cannot stand the Canucks. I hate the players, the organization and especially the fans. So suck it Vancouver and your [cabbage]ty fans. Good night to all, and thank the hockey gods that the Cansucks did not win

Mtl would riot too. And probably TO would to.

Ultimately, I still think the nucks at their best are a better team; but this series clearly proved that hard work will trump talent, and the canucks just didn't work like they needed to. Congrats boston, well deserved.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Ultimately, I still think the nucks at their best are a better team; but this series clearly proved that hard work will trump talent, and the canucks just didn't work like they needed to. Congrats boston, well deserved.

Exactly. Other than Thomas, on paper Boston is maybe a 2nd-round playoff team and I'm sure they knew it and used that as motivation to work harder than anyone else.

I've been a Vancouver fan for many years and will still be, but I just can't stand they way the Vancouver citizens are handeling this. At least have some dignity in losing! Suck it up and walk home, there is nothing good that ever comes from rioting, burning, and looting.

I wonder what happened to Boston Pizza or if they'll lose a lot of business now.

Hamtaro.png

I'm pretty sure any hockey team would riot. You go into their city and crush them 4-0 in the Stanley Cup final and hoist the cup in front of 150,000+ Vancouver fans.

Prediction: An American team will win the Stanley Cup in 2012.

j0xPu5R.png

Mtl would riot too. And probably TO would to.

The difference being Habs fans would riot after a win as well.

Yes an American team will probably win next year, Vancouver is the only Canadian team that will be a contender next year. Sens, Oilers and Leafs are in different phases of rebuilding and their goal is to probably just reach the playoffs. Habs and Flames are no where close to being good enough. Hopefully the Canucks crash out just as spectacularly next year as well.

Edit: I forgot about the Peg team but they are probably the worst team out of all the above.

I find it funny that people are sitting there comparing Canada to the USA when it was Boston vs Vancouver, but in reality it's mostly Canadian players that are making it happen for their teams. Yes, there's a lot of players from different countries, but I've found that the majority are usually Canadian.

You can buy a player for a team, but they were still born in Canada.

j0xPu5R.png