The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

He has to get some goals. He's no Kessel or Versteeg but you can't be a first line center and not contribute offensively at all.

I still think Kumelin should stick with Grabovski.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Some goals, for sure, but as long as he gets points in general, he's doing his job. Well, points and faceoff wins. It's like Joe Thornton, an awesome center... yet he barely shoots. Bozak COULD do that, but Versteeg needs to find his rhythm.

As for Kulemin, I didn't think first line was the best for him, just seeing what you thought.

Of course, but he still doesn't have many points :P

They are putting gunarsson in for tonights game, and Mitchell replacing Zygomanis on the fourth line. Zygomanis didn't do much, but he did win a lot of faceoffs.

polvCwJ.gif

Well, the leafs fail.

They didn't get outclassed so much as they had some great chances/pressure, but made far more stupid mistakes then the flyers did. Gotta clean up the act. Managing more than 16 shots wouldn't hurt either.

polvCwJ.gif

Giving up fewer 40 (I think it was?) shots would help, too... and not turning the puck over, as well. I didn't see the game, and only listened to part of it, but the part I did hear was brutal.

As for the Bozak thing, I saw somewhere he had 3 assists. Like I mentioned earlier, though, if Versteeg finds a rhythm, Bozak will pile on the points. Then again, I heard Bozak passed from a good shooting position on an early PP.

Yeah. They can't afford to give up 40 shots, especially as their D is supposed to be good.

Bozak has a couple assists, and at least kessel + macarthur got another one lol.

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah, he didn't have nearly the same kind of pressure on him.

I wonder what will come of Nazem Khadri? He's been doing well for the Marlies but I can't see him being higher than second line for the Leafs...

Apparently they switched him to LW too.

EDIT: Well, wilson switched up the lines now: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/880540--leafs-bump-kulemin-up-to-top-line?bn=1

Kumelin with Versteeg. Hopefully this should be good for both lines.

polvCwJ.gif

Guess we'll find out if Kulemin can work on the top line. It's too bad I have to work during both of their next 2 games, though. I can see Versteeg improving on the second line, but I'm not sure our top line got any better.

As for Kadri, I heard he would probably be the first call-up in case of injured forward, so we'll see. But I think they should give him this year in the AHL and then try again for the NHL next year.

Anyone here impressed by the pens defencemen? They have (or had) 3 defs in the top 4 from a scoring point of view. Looks like losing Gonchar to Ottawa wasn't such a big loss even though it'S still early in the season for such a statement.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

They're doing alright, but I don't know if they can keep it up all year.

And I finally saw the two goals in that Leafs-Panthers game, and I think both teams got a break, but Orr's was worse.

Thing is that Guigere was outside the crease, and he ran into the other player.

Orr blatantly shoved the Panther's goalie out of the way.

Still, you get good calls, and bad calls, and they'll take what they can get eh :P

polvCwJ.gif

And I finally saw the two goals in that Leafs-Panthers game, and I think both teams got a break, but Orr's was worse.

that was terrible. even wilson said it was a blatant interference

i know kessel scored the 3rd but that messed call kinda ruined it for the panthers

that was terrible. even wilson said it was a blatant interference

i know kessel scored the 3rd but that messed call kinda ruined it for the panthers

Yeah. But then look at versteeg's goal against the rangers which should have been in, this stuff plays both ways.

polvCwJ.gif