The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

"w"olf. Haha that was halawious.

Anyhow, terrible game by the leafs tonight. And yea, that Stamkos bandwagon crashed after the media kept jinxing him with the "50 in 50" talk.

Can't wait to see Omark tomorrow though!!! :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

if that slip up happened in the US, his career is prolly over

anyway i was listening to hockeycentral@noon (the radio) and one of the callers was apparently the one who threw waffle on ice. he said "they need a hearty breakfast to wake up"

not sure if real but the whole thing is hilarious

if that slip up happened in the US, his career is prolly over

anyway i was listening to hockeycentral@noon (the radio) and one of the callers was apparently the one who threw waffle on ice. he said "they need a hearty breakfast to wake up"

not sure if real but the whole thing is hilarious

Yeah I heard that and was like, he brought waffles to the game for that specific purpose?

Vs. Habs tonight. I'm hardly optimistic.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

thanks habs for not playing price

Seriously eh? :D Still, I guess they need to give him the occasional game off.

Even if they had played him, montreal's D looked sloppy most of the night, I don't know how much better they would have fared.

polvCwJ.gif

Oilers lost today, I'm happy because I know we won't make the playoffs this year, don't wanna get too carried away with winning then ending up with a 15th pick or something.

Here's to hoping for some entertaining losing streaks, but first lets rock the Leafs!!

Staurolite.png

Oilers lost today, I'm happy because I know we won't make the playoffs this year, don't wanna get too carried away with winning then ending up with a 15th pick or something.

Here's to hoping for some entertaining losing streaks, but first lets rock the Leafs!!

Sad face :(

Anyone else read damien cox? http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin

polvCwJ.gif

It's starting :ohnoes:

Why is Renney putting Paajarvi on the 3rd line? Why did he break up Cogs, Brule and Penner? They were doing really good =/

Oh well.

will post back in 3 hours :razz:

Way to go, Phaneuf just scored. :angry:

Staurolite.png

Sad face :(

Anyone else read damien cox? http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin

I somewhat agree with his points, but I still think it was good for Schenn to play at the NHL level so early. With any luck, he won't want too much. He's a great defender, though.

Phaneuf finally scores, and Versteeg gets a weird one. I still don't see how the puck shot out from under Khabibulin that fast.

leafs gonna go 1/3 in this road trip. i thought they could at least beat calgary

They did well until that terrible minute lol...

I can't figure out Giguere. Some great stops that game but several of those goals he let in were pretty weak (although gustavsson's was weak as well)

polvCwJ.gif

leafs gonna go 1/3 in this road trip. i thought they could at least beat calgary

And you were right. Last night was pretty bad as well, although grabovski is doing well :P

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah inconsistency is the curse of a young team. Hopefully they can pick up a good center before next season and I think they'll be serious playoff competition then.

polvCwJ.gif

He's had a pretty good year with Dallas which makes it harder....someone a little younger would fit better with their vision for the team.

Still, not like there are a lot of options eh? I'm hoping the lightning ownership decides they can't afford Stamkos at the end of the year, personally :D

With Kaberle + Gigeure gone Burke could afford basically anything Stamkos wants, and the guy is from Markham....

polvCwJ.gif