The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

8-2 wow, can Khabby even stop a puck? And nice line brawl there, typical of how Avery acts, backing down from a fight then turning around and jumping the guy :rolleyes:.

Peckham might get suspended, but he did the right thing going after Avery. Too bad Boyle saved his ass.

Staurolite.png

Going after avery is the right thing? Avery's job is to get people to go after him and take stupid penalties. Teams that ignore Avery do better, since he ends up taking the stupid penalties.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Going after avery is the right thing? Avery's job is to get people to go after him and take stupid penalties. Teams that ignore Avery do better, since he ends up taking the stupid penalties.

Avery's usual antics such as diving, trash talking I can live with, but when he sucker punches your teammate, I'd say going after him is the right thing to do. It's not the first time he's cowarded when challanged to a fight, only to jump when the guy turns around, it was good that Peckham tried to teach him a lesson. But too bad Avery ran away too fast.

Staurolite.png

I don't agree there - as you said Peckham might get suspended...for what, a little revenge that probably didn't even work?

Leafs vs. Rangers, Oct 15. Avery takes two baseball bat swings at Mike Komisarek's ankles. No retaliation, Avery got a 2 min (should have been a game suspension but w/e) and the leafs get a 3 on 5.

A lot more productive then a suspension methinks.

polvCwJ.gif

Wish I could have watched it, don't have cable so I only get the Saturday games unless I go out.

I'm glad he's finally had a pretty productive game, since a lot was made of him since he came from Chicago(somewhat unfairly). Lol at MacArthur getting the three assists as well, and at least Grabovski salvaged an otherwise bad game for him.

polvCwJ.gif

Well, the oilers aren't exactly doing all that well. Although, to be fair, neither is Calgary.

Leafs beat the devils 3-1. Didn't see the game but heard it was ok. Looks like the leafs are going to be a very "streaky" team this year.

polvCwJ.gif

I don't have any suggestions for a better-suited coach, but Wilson isn't the best fit, I'm sure. And Phaneuf isn't better than Kaberle, but Kaberle is underpaid. Kadri, though, won't help much and isn't a very good move, in my opinion. They should have given him a full year in the AHL.

I agree in that the AHL could teach him a lot, but talent-wise he's certainly a lot better than several current players.

I was thinking of that from Kadri's development, as opposed to this year's team. The AHL would help him out a lot.

And lost to the Habs last night. I listened to a little bit of it, but wasn't home to watch it.

And lost to the Habs last night. I listened to a little bit of it, but wasn't home to watch it.

:cool:

I also missed a lot of the game but that was because I was distracted giving and taking high fives all the way though.

Damn habs fans :(

To be honest, they're probably my second favourite team in the league though so w/e.

polvCwJ.gif

Bump because leafs won! I couldn't watch it but I heard it was pretty good. I'll be interested to see how Kulemin is in a few years, he's got a lot of promise.

EDIT: Oh, and I enjoyed this: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/11/05/a-beginners-guide-to-booing-nhl-players/

polvCwJ.gif

I've never really liked Pronger, though I do recognize his talent. And that link made me laugh.

Did you read the other ones? He has like six entries there, all hilarious :D

polvCwJ.gif

forbes released estimate of NHL franchises values for this year

Toronto: $505M

NY Rangers: $461M

Montreal: $408M

Detroit: $315M

Boston: $302M

Philadelpha: $301M

Chicago: $300M

Vancouver: $262M

Pittsburgh: $235M

Dallas: $227M

New Jersey: $218M

Los Angeles: $215M

Calgary: $206M

Minnesota: $202M

Colorado: $198M

Washington: $197M

Ottawa: $196M

San Jose: $194M

Anaheim: $188M

Edmonton: $183M

Buffalo: $169M

Florida: $168M

St. Louis: $165M

Carolina: $162M

Columbus: $153M

NY Islanders: $151M

Nashville: $148M

Tampa Bay: $145M

Atlanta: $135M

Phoenix: $134M

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/31/hockey-valuations-10_land.html

didn't know the rangers were up that high

anyway got to see a bit of the oilers/habs game tonight. oilers are gonna be insane in 3 years

Yeah Rangers are huge. Islanders...not so much.

And yeah, very curious to see how the oilers look in a few years. They've got some solid young talent.

polvCwJ.gif