The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Yeah the Penguins have not looked impressive at all this season :?

Still, Toronto undefeated 3 games in, not going to complain :D

I wouldn't even consider firing burke/wilson for another two seasons as least. Coaching/gming the leafs in Toronto has got to be the hardest job in professional sports.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Bump because Toronto just beat the rangers in OT.

Intense game, domination by the leafs to the point of 3-1 but then some bad goals led to the rangers tying it.

I can't describe how refreshing it is to follow a team your whole life knowing that they'll blow the lead and lose in OT, but then it actually doesn't happen.

Best start in 17 years, #1 in the league now :D

polvCwJ.gif

Let's not jinx the Leafs now! Go Leafs Go! Wewt! 4 wins!

I went to the first pre-season game, I cried inside. I thought this year would have been like the past years. Lol.

Come on Leafs! Don't be a laughing stock!

Damn, they lost. Just one of those games, they definitely outplayed the Islanders but Roloson was ON FIRE.

Neither reviewed goal should have counted, the first(versteeg's) was at least close those.

polvCwJ.gif

Neither reviewed goal should have counted, the first(versteeg's) was at least close those.

No replay angle showed it as a high stick, nor did the referee. Only the linesman seems to think it was too high. If it was a reviewable play, I have confidence in saying the call would be reversed. That said, I'll get over it if we rebound with a win against the Rangers Thursday (though I have to work that night).

It was close at least to be fair. Under, but close.

Second one wasn't even close, and the guy didn't glove it at all. Still, gotta lose one sometimes eh :P

polvCwJ.gif

I had to watch it online, since I don't have cable and my girlfriend doesn't get leafs tv. The quality was so bad, I could barely see the puck at times.

Predictions for the rangers game?

They'll play gustavsson I'm sure, they're facing the flyers on saturday so will probably want to use giguere then. I could see this game being closer (the last one wasn't just by a few bad plays, the leafs dominated the whole game) just because the rangers played them already so know what to expect.

polvCwJ.gif

I listened to it while playing Wii and XBOX360. I watched highlights on TSN and Sportsnet and Thescore later, plus went online for those two plays.

I don't predict anymore, because I am never even close, but whether it is Gustavsson or Giguere it will be close. The most I will say is another 1 goal game, but can't decide for whom.

lol let's predict this year's cup?

i think red wings will take it. last one for lidstrom before he retires

best chance of the cup going back to canada are the canucks and they're playing like [cabbage]. loluongo

Montreal's doing well though. Edmonton is slumping already(which is expected) and so is Ottawa(not so expected).

The leafs are too much of a gamble for anything at the moment though.

What about washington for the cup?

polvCwJ.gif

I had to watch it online, since I don't have cable and my girlfriend doesn't get leafs tv. The quality was so bad, I could barely see the puck at times.

Predictions for the rangers game?

They'll play gustavsson I'm sure, they're facing the flyers on saturday so will probably want to use giguere then. I could see this game being closer (the last one wasn't just by a few bad plays, the leafs dominated the whole game) just because the rangers played them already so know what to expect.

It's the Rangers. What is to predict? :lol:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Leafs lost again :(

Bad point production past two games, still we'll see how they do against the flyers.

They really need a good first line center, bozak is second line at best.

Also versteeg should go second line and macarthur first so they aren't working with three right shots on their first line.

polvCwJ.gif

Just a thought, but put Gunnarsson back in. We were undefeated with him in the lineup.

As for the first line issue, I heard of one idea in putting Kulemin up on first line. And as long as he wins faceoffs, we could leave Versteeg on first line as the center.