The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

2 days late on this, but the leafs did not look very good, but the oilers sure are! :thumbsup:

Also, if Seguin scores tonight, or gets a couple assists, or make a few fancy dangles, or even just has a solid game, you can be sure all hell will break loose in toronto!

Staurolite.png

Canucks are my favorite team since they're closest to where i live... Although my dad and i have both been blackhawk fans since birth. I hope montreal wins because the french are crazy. Toronto better win this or the coach is caput.

Let your yellow mellow.

Wow, I really underestimated the leafs, they came back to take that win, and gave it their all. But Thomas was INSANE! That save on Beauchemin holy hell, not real!!

Full credit to the Leafs though, hope they keep it up.

Now watching the Oilers game :shades:

Staurolite.png

Woot Oilers won! Wow Hall is on fire :thumbsup:

I hope the Oilers don't screw this season over though, I mean, I'd love for them to make the playoffs, but if they don't and come in 9th - 12th, then it might slow down the rebuild. I'm so torn! :-|

Staurolite.png

i think the best thing for oilers to do is go low again and get an early pick for a dman

i wish i could say the same for leafs. lose/lose situation without next year's first round pick. missed the game last night and was hoping CBC would replay it, but the sens game was on. sens has to be the most boring canadian team right now

Good hockey night in canada. So funny i asked my dad if i could go out tonight(last night) and he said. YOU KNOW WHAT CANADIANS DO AT 4:00 ON SATURDAY? I answered, drink beer and watch hockey? he said YEAH THEY WATCH HOCKEY THAT'S WHAT! so i couldn't go out.

Let your yellow mellow.

I've never really liked Pronger, though I do recognize his talent. And that link made me laugh.

Did you read the other ones? He has like six entries there, all hilarious :D

I only had a few minutes so I just read the one, but I have internet again (just moved to a less populated area) so I'll check the rest out when I get a minute.

And Kadri's shootout goal was definitely the best of the 3. All we need now is for Kadri to get a few that count in the statistics.

glad i left class early LOL. came in just before 2nd period ended

even if leafs lose this i really liked the way they played because

1) it's not a shutout coming into 3rd. god damn i'm sick and tired of seeing goose eggs

2) they didn't give up. goals in the 3rd while great D keeping the caps from scoring

edit: omfg haha yes gustavson well [bleep]ing done

blake is faster/more fluid when he did it though

grabo's shot was really iffy. there was a chance that could've been called off. glad it didn't

Yeah it was pretty iffy. Still, it got the job done eh.

Didn't like gustavsson's play during the game but hey, he made it up in the shootout.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It woulda been awesome if Blake did that move tonight haha.

Too bad the Oilers lost though, those 10 shootout rounds were pretty exciting :thumbsup:

Also, how in the WORLD did Cam Fowler get picked 12th? How did all those teams from 3-11 pass on this guy? wow.

Staurolite.png

Not saying any team needed him, just saying a lot of good players have been drafted really low, and vice versa :P

Big game tonight, I hate to say it but RIP leafs "winning streak" lol.

polvCwJ.gif

I liked Armstrong's play tonight. He did his job. But how do you give up a 2-on-0 on your own power play? And not one, but two too many men on the ice penalties?

Yeah, sloppy game.

they came in there to lose. i don't think anyone there believed they could beat crosby

Yup.

At least they didn't get shut out. And wow, Crosby really is taking over lol.

polvCwJ.gif