The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Yea, Miller is injured, which sucks for Buffalo. They're doing pretty bad right now, and same with the devils (they're usually consistent and good)

Anyway, last year there were long streaks of games where Wilson played Mitchell on the top line, and I'm just :wall: :wall:

Maybe he's not THAT bad, but idk, they have better players in their systems than Mitchell.

I wonder how long the Flames losing streak will go to, they're such a mess right now, and Jerome has scored 2 goals, that's less than Taylor Hall :razz:

Staurolite.png

i don't think leafs are doing enough. 1 win in 9? games and they barely changed the roster because wilson refuses to do any moves so early in the season, yeah because these games dont matter at all? went from division leaders to under hurricanes (lol)

how's halak though huh. i remember when some dip[cabbage] on my facebook kept calling him a one trick pony

I didn't see the game, but I heard the pens won after all.

I don't know what the leafs need to get back in things....

Right now, alot of Leafs are underachieving. People like Versteeg (who you gave up stalberg for) and Armstrong (granted he can't do much while injured) are all 20 goal scorers. Grabovski needs to start scoring too. Shake up the lines maybe. OR FIRE WILSON, lol.

Staurolite.png

I don't understand this "fire wilson" attitude. Ron Wilson's a damn good coach, but there's only so much he can do with a ton of underachieving players.

When you say moves, do you mean trades, or line shuffles? There's precious little trading to be had, and they have been doing line shuffles. Doesn't grabo have 9 points now?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I don't understand this "fire wilson" attitude. Ron Wilson's a damn good coach, but there's only so much he can do with a ton of underachieving players.

When you say moves, do you mean trades, or line shuffles? There's precious little trading to be had, and they have been doing line shuffles. Doesn't grabo have 9 points now?

Even if Wilson is a good coach, imo that's debatable, things just haven't been working under his reign. I'm sure that we can agree on. Maybe it takes a new coach to energize the players, give some new hope into the team, and turn things around. There's no guarantee it'll work, but maybe it's worth a shot. Knowing Burke though, he and Wilson are tight, I doubt he'll fire him. Grabs does have 9 points but only 1 goal, imo that's underachieving.

And a 7-1 loss by the Oilers, ouch :boohoo:

Staurolite.png

I don't see it.

I seriously think Scotty bowman could come out of retirement to coach the leafs and after a season people would be calling for him to be fired..

polvCwJ.gif

they don't have any star players. they need to grab a good centre and stop overpaying average players like phaneuf

I agree. Well almost..Kessel is still developing, I'd call him a star; but he needs good teammates which he doesn't have.

How much does Phaneuf make a year?

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah that seems a bit high...considering Kaberle makes barely 4 if I remember correctly. Then again, as far as offensive defensemen go, Kaberle's a real bargain.

polvCwJ.gif

how's halak though huh. i remember when some dip[cabbage] on my facebook kept calling him a one trick pony

i still can't [bleep]ing get over how Montreal traded him when he carried the team to the Eastern finals. Whoever is recruiting these star goalies must be a really angry dude since the habs always send them off once they hit their prime (for a low, low price!)

hiccup.png

Who would be the "right" coach for the leafs?

I've also never seen Phaneuf as better than Kaberle, but that's not including his supposed "motivaion" as a captain.

Ps. They brought up Khadri...should be interesting. Doubt it'll help much.

polvCwJ.gif

I don't have any suggestions for a better-suited coach, but Wilson isn't the best fit, I'm sure. And Phaneuf isn't better than Kaberle, but Kaberle is underpaid. Kadri, though, won't help much and isn't a very good move, in my opinion. They should have given him a full year in the AHL.

I don't have any suggestions for a better-suited coach, but Wilson isn't the best fit, I'm sure. And Phaneuf isn't better than Kaberle, but Kaberle is underpaid. Kadri, though, won't help much and isn't a very good move, in my opinion. They should have given him a full year in the AHL.

I agree in that the AHL could teach him a lot, but talent-wise he's certainly a lot better than several current players.

Game last night was decent, that 4th goal was brutal though. Luongo's game though really, after Grabovski's goal he just decided to take over.

polvCwJ.gif