The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

I think it was russia's second goal that killed them - that was a total collapse of all positions and they never really got it back after that..just lost their confidence.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I have to say, last night's win surprised me. I know the Sharks have been struggling, but still. Also, I wonder if they are giving any extra thought to keeping Reimer in the NHL after yet another strong game.

They said they want to give the starts to the goalie who is getting wins, and that goalie is Reimer.

i tried to avoid the reimer bandwagon, but jeez 40/42 saves last night and been so good for all his starts.

i heard there's also another marlies goalie was supposed to be better than him :o

well either way, i'll be glad when we see giguere move on

Yeah Jussi Rynas was supposed to be even better, but they're keeping him in the AHL this year for practice (like what they should have done with khadri).

I have to say, last night's win surprised me. I know the Sharks have been struggling, but still. Also, I wonder if they are giving any extra thought to keeping Reimer in the NHL after yet another strong game.

They said they want to give the starts to the goalie who is getting wins, and that goalie is Reimer.

Agreed. I think they should trade giguere asap, he probably wouldn't be too difficult to move as he's pretty good and his contract is almost up. Plus it would give TO a ton of cap space (not that we need it though aha).

If you think about it they don't really have a choice, they can hardly send reimer down now the way he's been playing, and they can't exactly send down giguere or gustavsson either.

polvCwJ.gif

Agreed. I think they should trade giguere asap, he probably wouldn't be too difficult to move as he's pretty good and his contract is almost up. Plus it would give TO a ton of cap space (not that we need it though aha).

If you think about it they don't really have a choice, they can hardly send reimer down now the way he's been playing, and they can't exactly send down giguere or gustavsson either.

I agree. I like Giguere, but he is the best option to be traded. And sending him to the minors wouldn't do any good, since somebody could (if anybody really has the cap space) claim him off waivers and we get nothing for him.

i think giguere is too expensive, injury prone and there's no chance in hell he'll agree to play in the AHL. he couldn't even stand being a backup for the ducks.

the game against coyotes tonight will be a good test for reimer because they've been playing well. i still think it's safe to stick with gustav/gigeure til the end of the season because it's not like the leafs will make the playoffs

i think giguere is too expensive, injury prone and there's no chance in hell he'll agree to play in the AHL. he couldn't even stand being a backup for the ducks.

the game against coyotes tonight will be a good test for reimer because they've been playing well. i still think it's safe to stick with gustav/gigeure til the end of the season because it's not like the leafs will make the playoffs

That's the thing though, he's not too expensive. He's 5 mil a year but this is the last year of his contract so basically any team taking him would have zero obligation...he'd also be a UFA after the contract expires so they can do whatever they want with him.

polvCwJ.gif

Is he? Thought he was five...ahh well.

No teams are really in a terrible goal situation, but there may be a market for him somewhere...particularly if they throw in someone like kaberle or beauchemin.

polvCwJ.gif

reimer played well. yeah board says 5, but he played well. he didn't give up any easy shot. but still, i think the infatuation is over.

so the goalie situation is fine, now it's easier to see how [bleep]ing terrible the leafs' blue line is. phaneuf is an overpaid moron

reimer played well. yeah board says 5, but he played well. he didn't give up any easy shot. but still, i think the infatuation is over.

so the goalie situation is fine, now it's easier to see how [bleep]ing terrible the leafs' blue line is. phaneuf is an overpaid moron

Yeah I thought most of the goals weren't really his fault. Beauchemin made a few good plays as well.

I imagine Giguere will get the next start - Reimer may get one more.

Woooot, Oilers whooped those Sharks, man those Sharks are in big trouble.

And Alex Burrows is the dirtiest player in the league. There's a line between agitating and intent to injure.

Sean avery, anyone? :P

polvCwJ.gif