The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

richards will be the top free agent next year. toronto has a chance, but he's prolly gonna sign with rangers or another that isn't in the bottom of the barrel

no chance with stamkos. he said himself he likes TB and wants to work it out with management. he's not going anywhere, and if he does, he's going somewhere who has draft picks to give away

i don't think leafs is making the playoffs til the team starts getting draft picks. right now the kessel deal is so bad because how terrible he is. i understand he needs people to play with, but he's still getting outscored. leafs is desperate for a centre and loses the chance to get seguin. and bruins is going to get another early pick next draft

now there's even talk of schenn or kadri getting traded. rofl this is sooooo bad. oh well this city doesn't have the patience to wait

richards will be the top free agent next year. toronto has a chance, but he's prolly gonna sign with rangers or another that isn't in the bottom of the barrel

no chance with stamkos. he said himself he likes TB and wants to work it out with management. he's not going anywhere, and if he does, he's going somewhere who has draft picks to give away

i don't think leafs is making the playoffs til the team starts getting draft picks. right now the kessel deal is so bad because how terrible he is. i understand he needs people to play with, but he's still getting outscored. leafs is desperate for a centre and loses the chance to get seguin. and bruins is going to get another early pick next draft

now there's even talk of schenn or kadri getting traded. rofl this is sooooo bad. oh well this city doesn't have the patience to wait

Richards was quoted as saying he'd be interested in Toronto though...still, I guess we'll see.

Here's the thing with Stamkos - how much does he like TB? They have a self imposed cap of something like 40 million and they're stuck paying lecavalier 10 million a year for several more years - paying St Louis as well (who earns his keep) and with everyone else they may not be able to afford a reasonable salary for stamkos. Realistically, he's looking at AT LEAST a 6-7 mil 3-5 year deal. Probably more, to be honest.

Kessel isn't terrible, but he's a floater. He's quite a good player when he's motivated; but he's rarely motivated. He's still quite young though so I'm hoping he'll grow out of that.

Trading schenn/khadri would be so dumb lol. I seriously think schenn is a future Norris candidate....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Kessel is a good player. But, I have absolutely NO idea why Burke didn't sign him to an offer sheet. Overpay (like they are right now) him a little so the Bs won't match, imo that's way better than giving up 2 firsts and a second.

Oilers game today, man every game I listen to it's either a loss or low scoring. I always miss the high scoring games <_<

Keep up the losing, oilers, you're not making the playoffs this year so it's a good idea to get another high pick. :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

Trading schenn/khadri would be so dumb lol. I seriously think schenn is a future Norris candidate....

I agree on both points. If they keep those two and Kadri starts scoring, they will have a much better team than what they will get for either one right now. But if you had to trade one, I would say Kadri. Schenn is (overall) very good in his own end, which has historically been a problem for the Leafs.

And Kessel would be a lot better with a solid center. I still say look into the Versteeg at center idea.

I don't see versteeg playing well at centre at all.

I watched a little bit of an interview with Wilson yesterday at their outdoor practice - man the guy is pissed off. Somebody asked him about waffles and he flipped out. I suppose I'd be mad too if it was basically certain I'd be out of a job by years end though...

polvCwJ.gif

Versteeg has played well at center in the past, although I can't remember where I heard it. And the Leafs need something to change. Maybe having him at center will work, maybe it won't. I think it is a legitimate option to, at the very least, look into.

I don't really understand the whole waffle thing, myself. I think it is ridiculously stupid to waste the waffles, though, despite the fact I don't really like them.

So, just looking over the last couple pages of this thread and I'm finding that the 'nucks are underrepresented and it seems the perpetually struggling Leafs are at least giving their fans something to talk about. The start of the season really gave some people hope, eh?

PS: Canucks should take top in the West tomorrow with a home spanking of the Oilers. It's a good time to be living on the Pacific, I'll tell you that...

Slack_Tide.png

So, just looking over the last couple pages of this thread and I'm finding that the 'nucks are underrepresented and it seems the perpetually struggling Leafs are at least giving their fans something to talk about. The start of the season really gave some people hope, eh?

PS: Canucks should take top in the West tomorrow with a home spanking of the Oilers. It's a good time to be living on the Pacific, I'll tell you that...

Nononono.

While I'm hoping for the Oilers to spank the Nucks, it's probably not going to happen. Nucks are red hot right now, so I'm thinking a good high energy game with the Nucks winning by a goal or two.

Of course, anything can happen.

Staurolite.png

Blah - Leafs play a decent game for once and Gustavsson has to have a bad one. Several weak goals there... I wonder how long it'll take them to put Reimer in net?

polvCwJ.gif

Probably never since Wilson's behind the bench.

I REALLY don't think Wilson's the right coach for TOR.

On another note, I watched the Oil vs Avs game last night. Wow, the Avs were good in the first, but it was really fun to watch the oilers come back from 3 down.

Duchene is a beast, but so is Hall :thumbsup:

I really wish they'd give Paajarvi more ice time, he's not going to produce goals and points on the third line. He had some nice chemistry with Hemsky and Gagner, too bad Horcoff got injured and messed things up. <_<

Staurolite.png

Well, good win for Toronto. I wonder if Reimer will get another start...the one goal he let in definitely wasn't his fault...

And washington wins the classic....interesting.

polvCwJ.gif

god what the hell was that

i saw up to the 2nd period when they were up 3 goals and left to go to dinner/movie figuring it was over

got back and see on SC they let in FIVE goals? what the hell. how do you let in five goals in one period :-| the D/transition/powerplay/PK was perfect against the americans :x