The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Yeah I don't know why they're playing NY so much. I could understand if they were at least in the same division....

Versteeg is back for tonight, which is good at least.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yup. They need to put people in the front of the net more (but once again that goes back to them having no big centres.) Even if they called up Khadri, he's not a big guy...

I found NY didn't really play a good game, both of their goals came off lucky breaks and the leafs dominated offensively...but they just can't finish.

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah, I like versteeg but byfuglien would have been better. In late June I heard a rumour they almost got Patrick Sharp but that never materialized.

The thrashers put byfuglien on defence eh?

polvCwJ.gif

Leafs already back down to 9th where they belong :thumbsup:

sadface

Apparently they brought Caputi up and put him first line just so he could stand in front of the net...

polvCwJ.gif

They'd want draft picks probably. They couldn't afford kaberle.

Game tonight was lame (didn't see much though). Phaneuf got booed as he left the ice injured, toronto fans are such [bleep]s sometimes. It's unreasonable to expect them to come from nowhere and be a cup team.

polvCwJ.gif

Game tonight was lame (didn't see much though). Phaneuf got booed as he left the ice injured, toronto fans are such [bleep]s sometimes. It's unreasonable to expect them to come from nowhere and be a cup team.

Burke's trades haven't been very helpful. It's hard for the fans (I'm not one btw) to see Burke trade away draft picks for players when they're trying to rebuild, so I guess it's misleading.

Also, Oilers just scored 3 straight to tie with the Canucks :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

Burke's trades haven't been very helpful. It's hard for the fans (I'm not one btw) to see Burke trade away draft picks for players when they're trying to rebuild, so I guess it's misleading.

I don't understand this attitude at all. He traded a pick for kessel. That pick ended up being a player with some promise who may score 20 goals this year. Kessel is 40 goal scorer practically guaranteed, and I beleive if he has the right line-mates he can push 50.

It's not like he's trading draft picks for 35 year old veterans. The entire team is very young and won't be competitive for another year or two, yet already we've seen a significant improvement over last year (even if the past few games haven't been great).

polvCwJ.gif

I don't understand this attitude at all. He traded a pick for kessel. That pick ended up being a player with some promise who may score 20 goals this year. Kessel is 40 goal scorer practically guaranteed, and I beleive if he has the right line-mates he can push 50.

It's not like he's trading draft picks for 35 year old veterans. The entire team is very young and won't be competitive for another year or two, yet already we've seen a significant improvement over last year (even if the past few games haven't been great).

Tell that to the rest of the fans :razz:, btw, tonights game on TSN was pretty good. Leafs almost won it, but a phantom crosschecking call on Lebda ruined it. One thing I don't get about Ron Wilson is why would he play John Mitchell, he sucks balls. Too bad leafs lost, i thought they deserved to win.

Staurolite.png

John Mitchell sucks balls? He was crucial to Kaberle's goal with great maneuvering in the OZ. He's better than Zygomanis at any rate...

But yeah, leafs played well. I had a feeling we wouldn't do well in the shootout though, but at least we got a good amount of goals from some not so regular producers.

polvCwJ.gif