Autism

Dire_Wolf

I somehow stumble across Autism on the net. The characteristics seemed familiar to me. I decided to find a test and see how i did.

Score: 31 (Autism test)

Statement test: i agree to many of them.

I always have found myself different from others, not saying i probably have Autism but it feels so familiar.

http://www.autism-world.com/index.php/2007/10/27/test-of-adult-autism/ (Some statements you agree or disagree with, kinda like a test)

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html (Autism test)

So do you think i might have Autism?

It generally isn't a great idea to diagnose yourself with a developmental disability from strangers on an internet forum. I have no idea if you have autism or not.

Just asking what everyone else thinks. Not intending to diagnose myself based on a test or information page on the internett.

It generally isn't a great idea to diagnose yourself with a developmental disability from strangers on an internet forum. I have no idea if you have autism or not.

Just asking what everyone else thinks. Not intending to diagnose myself based on a test or information page on the internett.

Then no.

Then no.

Any reasons why no?

Then no.

Any reasons why no?

Specifically, not really. I don't know very much about autism. It's likely you are an introverted person, correct?

(Oh, I took the test and got a 10.)

There's only one way to find out: were you vaccinated as a child?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Then no.

Any reasons why no?

Specifically, not really. I don't know very much about autism. It's likely you are an introverted person, correct?

(Oh, I took the test and got a 10.)

Yeah i am an introverted person. Why so?

A lot of the questions on that test would just apply to introverts, which make up a good percent of the population. Introversion =/= autism.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

No.

It's better not to determine our lives by "mental" disorders. You can control your actions, god damnit.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I thought I might be slightly autistic or something for a while, but I only have some of the symptoms and a lot of contradictory attributes (not sure if that's the right word for the sentence).

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The general rule of thumb is to regard all "psychological tests" on the Internet as BS - you simply cannot diagnose yourself with some kind of disorder.

If you are truly concerned, go visit a psych and request him to run through the criteria for Asperger's Syndrome with you. If he feels like it is necessary, you could go on from there and undergo further testing. Be careful, though. Being diagnosed with some kind of autistic disorder will prevent you from getting certain jobs, especially federal or the military. To be honest, it isn't even worth looking into unless it hurts you more now than it would if you stabbed yourself in the foot by not being able to take certain jobs. Also keep in mind that you can have some of the symptoms and not have it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

No. I've met two autistic people in my life. There is a noticeable difference in autistic people. And they usually excel in a certain area in life.

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice."

No. I've met two autistic people in my life. There is a noticeable difference in autistic people. And they usually excel in a certain area in life.

That's a sevante. That's slightly different than traditional Autism.

Anyway, everytime I learn about a new disorder, I'm convinced I have it. Hypochondria? I have it. Aspergers? I have it. Schizophrenia? I have it. Multi-persoanlity disorder? I have it. Manic-depression disorder? I have it. Dyslexia? I have it

Do I really have any of these things? No. But I constantly find myself comparing myself to having them. I can't quite put my finger on why this happens though...

After taking the test, I scored a 13.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

People want to find reasons for their shortcomings. No one wants to blame themselves. That's why so many people think they are autistic/have aspergers/ whatever when they really dont.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I scored a 23... hm... all that's telling me is that Lebron James and Michael Jordan wear that number.

But I don't think you have autism, I met people with it before, and they don't seem to be like you at all.

22031_s.gif

People want to find reasons for their shortcomings. No one wants to blame themselves. That's why so many people think they are autistic/have aspergers/ whatever when they really dont.

It doesn't seem healthy to think that I'm a bi-polar and have aspergers. And the more I think about it, the more I think I'm a hypochondriac >.<

It's like these things were designed to make me nuts. (or atleast think that I am, lol)

EDIT: Damnit doom, you and I are too alike. I spent a few minutes writing exactly what you did.

Might as well disregard this, I guess. But, you know what? I would like to emphasize that. You're fine. It's all in your head.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

If you're asking yourself and wondering if you have Autism, you don't have it. I know a child who has autism (my sister used to baby sit and do therapy with him, and still does over the summer) and you certainly don't have it.

If you're asking yourself and wondering if you have Autism, you don't have it. I know a child who has autism (my sister used to baby sit and do therapy with him, and still does over the summer) and you certainly don't have it.

Yeah, but there's different severities of Autism. I know a chick that more or less is a perfectly normal person, completely functional but was diagnosed as "slightly autistic" because she has a few quirks and ticks that are signs of Autism.

Things such as social awkwardness, introverted behaviour, angered by specific sounds, strong hatred toward specific normal behaviours...She's definitly autistic, but not like...a lot

Things such as social awkwardness, introverted behaviour, angered by specific sounds, strong hatred toward specific normal behaviours...She's definitly autistic, but not like...a lot

I have all of that except the hatred for certain sounds. I blame the fact that I just like avoiding people for that, to be honest. It really manifests itself when I'm in an unfamiliar group/large crowd, but I'm practically normal-acting and a lot less introverted when I'm in a group that I enjoy to be around. I've had some teachers claim that I was autistic when I was younger, but I think I only displayed those behaviours because I was used to not being around a lot of people (My family keeps to itself.) and the fact that I moved around a lot due to my father's career. That kind of screwed me up socially when I was younger, and I used to be paranoid every time that a person tried to chat with me because I was intimidated by them for some reason.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that you probably just need to get out more and try to work some of that shyness off.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I have all of that except the hatred for certain sounds. I blame the fact that I just like avoiding people for that, to be honest. It really manifests itself when I'm in an unfamiliar group/large crowd, but I'm practically normal-acting and a lot less introverted when I'm in a group that I enjoy to be around. I've had some teachers claim that I was autistic when I was younger, but I think I only displayed those behaviours because I was used to not being around a lot of people (My family keeps to itself.) and the fact that I moved around a lot due to my father's career. That kind of screwed me up socially when I was younger, and I used to be paranoid every time that a person tried to chat with me because I was intimidated by them for some reason.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that you probably just need to get out more and try to work some of that shyness off.

I also act extremely introvert in unfamiliar environments. If something is unfamiliar, I lock up and become, pretty much an autistic person. BUt that's really not how I am.

I agree that pushing the comfort zone can cure such behaviour, but I also believe that no one is without atleast a tiny bit of atleast one disorder. So slight, that it can go undiagnosed. But somewhere in all of us is some sort of slight personality disorder