Autism

Dire_Wolf

If you feel normal, then taking that sort of test is just going to cause you unneeded stress and worry.

I'm generally an introvert. Some doctors thought I might have minor autism, but it was never diagnosed. I'd rather not be labelled for something so minor it wouldn't affect me, to be honest. I scored 28 on that test, for the record.

2Xeo5.png

No you are not.

I did Autism for a module at Sixth Form last year, and one of the first things the teacher said was that 'You don't have autism, you might think you do, but 99.9% you don't.' And when I was doing it I was like 'Oh wow... this is like me! I bet I have autism!'

If you're anything like me you'll think you have every mental disorder under the sun. :-|

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

EDIT: Damnit doom, you and I are too alike. I spent a few minutes writing exactly what you did.

Might as well disregard this, I guess. But, you know what? I would like to emphasize that. You're fine. It's all in your head.

Is that what you say to schizophrenic people?

I hate how everyone thinks autism means you have a super powerful brain which means you can count matchsticks and draw new york city from memory

thats autistic savants

Yeah, not every autistic person has a special ability of some kind. There are some like from Rain Man or the sorts you hear about on the news, but they're not as common as you think.

Hehe, this is taking me back to Psychology last year :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Agree: 2,6,7,16,18,21,35,45: 1 point

Disagree: 31,49: 1 point

Score: 10

i'm autistic and not sure if this means everything. I have aspergers so i'm not sure..... i'm very good at things like english and debating but APPALING (set 5 of 8) at maths :(

so basically, autism isn't as it is portrayed on the news.

Racheya, I know someones who's probably an autistic savant but he's like the only other autistic person I know.

meatlover.png

The test isn't really reliable.

I scored 34, and seeing other scores I can assure you: don't look at the result, it isn't a structural one. Only a psychologist has access to good tests for this.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

You want to have yourself diagnosed by a person who is not a medical professional, has no medical training or experience whatsoever, and you have never seen, or even spoken to before?

Yes, you have autism: you also have herpes.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Someone said a long time ago "is merely questioning myself that I am insane, prove my sanity?"

K something like that not sure of the exact words.

If you think you have Autism, then you don't. 9 times outta 10 (fake stat, but the vast majority) of Autistic kids can barely function. While Aspergers is different, as other variations you most likely don't have it. I know a kid with Autism... He drools and throws things and screams at stuff at the ripe old age of 15. I also know a friend with Aspergers... He seems normal except he's obsessed with Communistic Russia...

So yea you may have aspergers... But you prolly don't.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The description on the test itself stated that it was not a means of making a diagnosis; rather that the average for people who were not autistic was around 16 and that functional autistic people tended to score 32 or higher. Having a similar, less severe disorder or even simply being a very introverted person would likely be enough to put you past 32 (assuming you answer honestly).

I found the questions about being able to remember dates and such a little odd. While a small percentage of autistic people do have exceptional skill in certain areas (known as splinter skills), exceptional level of skill in these areas is not necessarily an inherently autistic trait...

People who actually have autism don't usually tend to question the fact that they have autism - it's usually a very, very definite diagnosis; this is much in contrast to Asperger's syndrome, where a "few traits" and being a "bit weird and introverted" can net you a(n) (incorrect) diagnosis. I was misdiagnosed with Asperger's for fourteen years before I demanded to be retested as I believed the diagnosis wasn't correct. I thought it was wrong the moment I met some people who truly had it: they were struggling quite a lot socially, they had bad motor skills, bad reaction times... but by God they were fascinating people. Most of them were musicians and I picked up quite a few tips from them. I must digress, however. Asperger's is much like ADHD in the way that someone already said - it's used as something to blame for the most part, and then people don't quite understand those who seriously have something wrong with them.

Anyway, its already been said: if you're thinking about it, you don't have it.

Also, bouwzie, watch it.

Yea, sorry. I was surprised that it wasn't deleted. But to answer your question, I'll say exactly the same as the rest did. You cannot find out if you have autism from a single test on the internet, you just can't.

2j3qh46.jpg

I'm afraid that tests like that can't determine whether or not you are autistic. It's best to get it diagnosed by a professional or at LEAST a qualified person. It's like those stupid facebook tests, how would they know whether you're handsom or not based on a set answer which you get based on a score or the answers you randomly choose.

disturbeda.png

I'm afraid that tests like that can't determine whether or not you are autistic. It's best to get it diagnosed by a professional or at LEAST a qualified person. It's like those stupid facebook tests, how would they know whether you're handsom or not based on a set answer which you get based on a score or the answers you randomly choose.

Yes they can! Facebook quizes never lie!

rosssigfinal.jpg

If you're concerned see a doctor...

People who actually have autism don't usually tend to question the fact that they have autism - it's usually a very, very definite diagnosis; this is much in contrast to Asperger's syndrome, where a "few traits" and being a "bit weird and introverted" can net you a(n) (incorrect) diagnosis. I was misdiagnosed with Asperger's for fourteen years before I demanded to be retested as I believed the diagnosis wasn't correct. I thought it was wrong the moment I met some people who truly had it: they were struggling quite a lot socially, they had bad motor skills, bad reaction times... but by God they were fascinating people. Most of them were musicians and I picked up quite a few tips from them. I must digress, however. Asperger's is much like ADHD in the way that someone already said - it's used as something to blame for the most part, and then people don't quite understand those who seriously have something wrong with them.

Anyway, its already been said: if you're thinking about it, you don't have it.

Also, bouwzie, watch it.

Well it depends, people with Autism often have favourite topics and are usually quite knowledgeable about their diagnosis.

Also comparing people with Autism to others who have it is completely pointless because there are so many unique cases and those who fall all over the spectrum.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.