What did you do today?

Ouchy

I know that I'll be receiving a new bike for Christmas, so I'll start using that to build up strength of my pelvis which I fractured 3 months ago.

I wonder how that happened? :wink:

Weekend before last I injured my knee in a hockey game, bashed it off the boards. Haven't been able to do any kind of serious exercise since. So I've spent nearly two loooong weeks of sitting around with so much energy, and now that I'm finally getting close to "full" recovery, I'm getting very anxious. Glad I have a hockey tournament starting the 28th. Coincidentally I injured my knee in my last tournament... Anyways, so far I've missed: a run everyday, 2 hockey games, 2 practices, 2 trips to a ski hill. And my goal over the Winter was to not become lazy. This is definitely a great start, and now that it's more likely to snow everyday, the chances of me being able to run dwindle everyday, as I don't really have anything I'd be comfortable running in the snow in.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Played some BYC with my little bro, but not for very long cos it's been pretty hot outside.

Jeff you are a true Kiwi. I give you a Pavlova. Only 1.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Jesus I suffered on the rowing machines yesterday morning. Dropped handle with 500m to go on a 2.5k piece that I wasn't doing especially fast. Did two 10 minute pieces at the end. It was following a fairly long strength workout though, but meh, not good.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Jesus how did you drop it?

Today, I did an erg, 40 sec on 20 off. Did it about 11 times I think, as following my training guide for the break I have :)

Tomorrow, 2 X 20 mins (That's about 11ish kms), and 30 or 50 minute run, depending on how much I can be bothered to do it...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Jesus how did you drop it?

Haha, sorry just a phrase really. I meant I stopped for a few minutes because I couldn't go on.

Did 2x20mins today, 2.03 average split. Felt better but wasn't trying to push too hard. Going round to a friend's tomorrow who has a rowing machine for some 500m interval work.

How much do you weigh?

145 lbs +/- 5lbs, depending on whether I ate or took a dump before weighing myself. Benching 145 might not be a lot to many of you, but I had trouble lifting the bar when I started working out :oops: .

My friends who stand watch and make sure I don't choke on the bar say it's funny watching me bench a plate (135 lbs total) while some big guys do half a plate (95 total). Don't get me wrong, the majority of the big guys at my gym can bench way more than me. I also don't make stupid noises during every single rep so I'm guessing I'm starting to look very suave amongst the body builders.

hiccup.png

Ugh, I'm feeling Terrible today. Tried going for a run his morning but I had no energy (weird because I slept for nearly 10 hours) and when I tried to do an erg just then I couldn't even do 2 minutes without feeling like I was going to crap my pants, and I took a dump before I left 10 mins prior. Now I'm on the couch tired as a dog...

ojdv.jpg

I just came back from the gym.... its late (1AM) but my friends and I left my house at around 10PM because all our lady friends were at a girls night out and we didn't feel like drinking "alone". My gym is a 24-hour one, but I never stayed after 11. It was cool to go late because there's nobody and you don't have to stand guard around your weights - you can freestyle all around the gym. Then two old friends from high school came by and showed us their workout schedule, so I learned a few things. I'm so exhausted, here's what I did:

-bike (an intense 15 mins)

-hack squats (3 plates)

-Calfs

-Butt

-Run (10 mins)

-Horizontal bench (1 plate)

-Triceps

-Bench incline down (25lbs)

-Shoulder press (15 lbs)

-Chest machine

-Biceps machine

-Bench incline up (just the bar, my arms are dead by now)

-3 sets of my crazy ab workout

-3x20 pushups with my feet elevated on an exercise ball

In the changing room I had so much trouble taking off my shirt I was slamming into lockers trying - it was hilarious. I was so drained but looking at myself without a shirt and all my muscles pumped made me <3:

hiccup.png

Bit of a weird one today, rowed 2k at sub 7 minute pace (i.e. 1.45 splits) but did it in 200m intervals with 40 seconds of rest. The theory being it gets my body used to that pace for that distance and as I get fitter I can decrease the rest intervals to zero so I can row a sub 7 2k. Only problem being I need to get momentum in the flywheel going again 5 seconds before I'm due to start each interval, so might just make the intervals a bit longer. I then did some strength training followed by a 20min row at 2.02 pace.

Bit of a weird one today, rowed 2k at sub 7 minute pace (i.e. 1.45 splits) but did it in 200m intervals with 40 seconds of rest. The theory being it gets my body used to that pace for that distance and as I get fitter I can decrease the rest intervals to zero so I can row a sub 7 2k. Only problem being I need to get momentum in the flywheel going again 5 seconds before I'm due to start each interval, so might just make the intervals a bit longer. I then did some strength training followed by a 20min row at 2.02 pace.

I'm currently doing something similar, except :40/:20 (Row/Rest). If I got mental and get the flywheel going with a good start, I can get 195M, but I usually get about 180.

ojdv.jpg

Just had my 4th run of the year. Woo. I'm determined to run 5 days every week this year. I will probably give up though :(

I can feel myself getting fitter, and it makes me feel better though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Good stuff wongtong. Tryy not to over tire yourself though. And remember Intensity > Distance

ojdv.jpg

Good stuff wongtong. Tryy not to over tire yourself though. And remember Intensity > Distance

So it's better to sprint for 3 minutes than to jog for 30 minutes?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

So it's better to sprint for 3 minutes than to jog for 30 minutes?

:P

I mean, if you kinda sprint for a whole 30 Mins, it's better than just jogging for 50 Mins.

ojdv.jpg

OMG it felt soo good being on the water again.

ojdv.jpg

Have fun (hahahahaha, sorry, couldn't help myself). But good luck :thumbup: What's your game plan?

OT: Had a row this morning, got sweating pretty good, and then our Coach was like, that's the worst out of these 4 rows, but you had a lot better relaxation on the slide WTFBBQ?

ojdv.jpg

Thanks, pulled a 7.18 which i'm pretty happy with because I just wanted to keep my split sub 1.50, and it was by half a second. Was aiming for 1.48 split but started to zone out a bit in the second 1000m and struggled to keep it there. 6 seconds faster than my last attempt and my training has been very patchy over the last few weeks. Nothing too special but it's put me in my ideal boat (2nd) so can work on getting properly fit this term. Dying to get out on the water now, it's been too long!

Not bad :) I'm aiming for sub 7 on mine on Friday... Second day of camp. Aahhh I'm going to get wasted....

ojdv.jpg

Not bad :) I'm aiming for sub 7 on mine on Friday... Second day of camp. Aahhh I'm going to get wasted....

Ah good luck with that. I want to go sub 7 by the end of the summer term so I might be able to do the lightweight development squad. A mate of mine pulled a 6.48 last week, and he's even smaller than me!