What did you do today?

Ouchy

Would BMX'ing be good exercise to lose fat around the upper hips (love handle area as some call it) and bellow the belly button in the lower abs? Im starting to notice it's getting a little unhealthy around there and I wanna act fast on it.

Popoto.~<3

If you road a lot and changed your diet a bit I'm sure it would. Cycling would could has cardio but you'd need to do something a bit more involving of your core muscles. I'd recommend picking up swimming. I can only imagine your part of Australia would be a great place to swim.

tFtfA.jpg

If you road a lot and changed your diet a bit I'm sure it would. Cycling would could has cardio but you'd need to do something a bit more involving of your core muscles. I'd recommend picking up swimming. I can only imagine your part of Australia would be a great place to swim.

Well I usually go to the beach for body surfing.... 'cept its winter still and I value my balls non-frozen. :S

Popoto.~<3

Forgot about the whole winter in the southern hemisphere summer in the north thing.. Well other then swimming maybe running a mile or two a day. Other then running I can't think of much else that wouldn't require a lot of work like going to the gym.

tFtfA.jpg

Hah, there is no way your ocean temperature drops below ten degrees. I don't even think we get down to 6 degrees.

sea_surface_temperature.jpg

Obviously only one example, but it's during the winter.

But I guess it's cold for you, I bet I'd find it warm enough.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Monday was my first day back at the gym since coming back from holiday. Hit the legs and chest pretty hard. Tuesday was the rowing machine, 30 seconds 30 seconds off x 30, 100% 2k watt average. First erg since probably May(!) and hurt like hell but managed to hold a split that would put me on course for a 7.05 2k which I'm pleased with, gives me a good base to go sub 7 by the start of next term. Had a fairly [bleep] outing in a four Tuesday evening on the lake, we were being coxed by some French international rower but her English wasn't too great so she couldn't coach us that well. Thursday was back to the gym for a lighter legs day (lots of weighted walking lunges, box jumps etc.) and shoulders. Had a better outing yesterday evening.

Rested today and hopefully going to get to the gym tomorrow for another weights session (more legs and back work, deadlifts, cleans etc.) then another hellish AT erg on Sunday. Great to get back into it!

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I decided to climb up on top of my roof and did a little workout for about half an hour (various sit-ups, various pushups, jumping jacks, and cliffhangers), did some pull-ups when I got back inside, and did a little hip hop cardio :D.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Choose not to go to the gym today to let my body rest up. Focused a lot on my core, shoulders, triceps, and back this week. This week I'm thinking I'll focus again on the same areas along with my legs. Get a nice all around workout.

tFtfA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First real run in too long, about 6.5km in about 40 minutes, which I definitely plan on improving. Mmmm I love the feeling of exhaustion.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Hit the gym last night, been making good progress with my squats since getting back into the routine. I had a "light" legs day which consisted of 5x5 squats without increasing the weight from where I was last time, nothing too strenuous. Then I did lots of walking lunges with a barbell on my back, a strongman log locked out overhead followed by box jumps. Broke my record for box jump height, don't know how high it was but I'd guess about 40 inches. Then hit my shoulders hard.

I did some deadlifts two days ago and I rushed them and had some really bad form and I was still feeling it this afternoon, it sucked. Other then that I've been pretty constant with my workout sticking to shoulders, triceps, biceps, chest, abs, a little cardio, while mixing in some legs and back exercises.

tFtfA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my routine down for Stronglifts. Before I could never completely finish, I think because I was resting for too long between exercises, or I was just being lazy. But anyways, this Friday I had an amazing workout. Squats felt amazing, same with deadlifts (Easily my favourite exercises), got my push presses done with, chin ups, only thing I had to do at home were planks. I actually felt amazing after that workout. Made the day. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can workout again.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

• 2 weeks later...

embarassed myself doing benchpress today

I embarrass myself everytime I bench, so don't worry. I did 90lbs last workout, that's about half my body weight.

This Friday and Saturday I did a fair bit of swimming - probably a total of about 6-8 hours. Although it wasn't just strictly lane swimming, it all had to do with training for my NLS (Lifeguarding cert.) I finally got the hang of eggbeater. Now I just need to perfect it, and make it stronger.

It's experience.

After I first started properly benching, probably about 3-4 years ago now, I had a bit of a nightmare when I got a puny 120lbs stuck on my chest with no spotting partner. Had to try and roll the bar down my body until I could sit up and try and inconspicuously put it back on. Not cool.

After I first started properly benching, probably about 3-4 years ago now, I had a bit of a nightmare when I got a puny 120lbs stuck on my chest with no spotting partner. Had to try and roll the bar down my body until I could sit up and try and inconspicuously put it back on. Not cool.

Yikes. Thats why I always need a spotter, or else I wouldn't be confident enough in myself and would train a lot worse.

hiccup.png

Hit the fitness studio today, only did cardio today. Did around 6 or 7 minutes in the rower, managed to do 1000m quite quickly. Used the recumbent bike and did a few miles on that.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM