What did you do today?

Ouchy

• 4 months later...

I'm a bit shocked to find that this has sunken to the second page.. Oh well.

Went to the gym today, Did a light workout, trying to get back in a routine, as my gym time this summer has been very sporadic. Was ending my workout with some back squats and I definitely pulled something in my lower-back has it's been hurting ever since I left the gym.

tFtfA.jpg

I'm a bit shocked to find that this has sunken to the second page.. Oh well.

D:

Time to revive it.

Went to the gym today, did my usual workout. Going to try and do over 100kg for my deadlifts tomorrow.

Also bought some Creatine today.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Today was the first time I've been able to get out 3 x 15 reps of 65kg bench, my shoulders are killing me now though, and I struggled to get through incline dumbells at the end. Have gone from 3 x 12 reps of 50kg at the start of May, so pretty happy with that.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I've developed a new routine for my back to school schedule. I go 4 times a week: saturday-sunday and tuesday-wednesday(or thursday).

Day 1: Chest, biceps, triceps, abs, lower back

Day 2: Legs, shoulders, back, sides

It's pretty simple and effective so far. I do 1-2 workouts for each muscle group and I'm perfectly capable of going to the gym two days in a row thanks to how I separated the muscle groups. Tonight I'm going to be doing Day 1.

hiccup.png

Do you find that after doing legs you're a bit worn out when doing any other lifting and can't get out full sets? I tried doing legs first a couple of times on back/shoulder days, but now I do it after. Maybe I should try it again..I'd prefer to do it first

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I guess there is bomb threat near my gym, so it's looking like I won't be making it to my gym today.. <_<

I do more of a circuit workout everyday but I try to get my legs in early on so I can have enough time for them to recover by the time I get to working my back.

tFtfA.jpg

Do you find that after doing legs you're a bit worn out when doing any other lifting and can't get out full sets? I tried doing legs first a couple of times on back/shoulder days, but now I do it after. Maybe I should try it again..I'd prefer to do it first

Yep, but whatcha gonna do. I don't have time to have a 3 day workout plan.

hiccup.png

WUT.

Had rowing this morning and then a 2k erg afterwards. Pulled 6:38 at a capped 26 rating and I was no where near giving it 100%. Good sign seeing as this is the start of the season.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

110 on deadlifts today. Reckon I could have gone higher, I'll try 120+ next week.

ojdv.jpg

Was hit by a car yesterday while I was riding my bike yesterday. Nothing serious cause I was able to maneuver well enough to avoid any serious injuries. Ended up scrapping my knee a little when I pulled my foot out of my petal strap. Basically came out with just a sore leg but it prevented me from doing my leg workout today. Was afraid I'd have to cut out my back workout too but I managed to do it with little pain to my leg.

tFtfA.jpg

How important do you guys think deadlifts and squats are? Do either one of them add mass/help in adding mass? I've been doing all upper body (chest, shoulders, arms, some upper back) and I've included bench press, but bench is the only power lift I regularly do.

Because of cross country, I haven't done squats because I don't want to run with sore legs and a sore ass. I plan on starting adding some deadlifts this week. So we'll see how that goes. NOTE: After XC, I plan on doing squats in the winter)

I always find that I hurt myself when I do deadlifts, I also have a bad back so that doesn't help and is why I avoid them unless I'm feeling really confident my back won't cause any problems ha . I find with squats it helps build up my lower back, and butt offering me a better sense of balance. I also get simply more power out of my legs, when I cycle and stuff, and I"m sure the affect would be the same for you as a runner.

I'd recommend trying it, just start off light, and slowly build yourself up. As far as body mass goes, I can't really say I've gained much body mass but that's not my goal though.

tFtfA.jpg

How important do you guys think deadlifts and squats are? Do either one of them add mass/help in adding mass? I've been doing all upper body (chest, shoulders, arms, some upper back) and I've included bench press, but bench is the only power lift I regularly do.

Because of cross country, I haven't done squats because I don't want to run with sore legs and a sore ass. I plan on starting adding some deadlifts this week. So we'll see how that goes. NOTE: After XC, I plan on doing squats in the winter)

If you're worried about dead lifts and your back, go to a squat rack and set up the supporting bars of the rack, and then place the barbell on it, so that it is elevated off the ground. You're less likely to hurt yourself that way.

And a general tip for them, if you do decide to do them: when you lift heavy weights, your grip is less likely to fail if you have one had facing towards you, and the other away.

But if you learn proper technique, you should be fine.

ojdv.jpg

Would it be alright to go to the gym twice in one day (once in the morning, once in the evening), but do different parts of the body? Or is that too much strain in general.

ojdv.jpg

Would it be alright to go to the gym twice in one day (once in the morning, once in the evening), but do different parts of the body? Or is that too much strain in general.

Which parts? I personally wouldn't do something like chest and back on the same day, but legs/anything upper body goes alright

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I was just going to mix and match a bit, but mainly it would be legs/upperbody.

ojdv.jpg

If you're gunna follow in his footsteps dont forget 'roids. :D

Trying out the GYM tonight, my only worry is other people because being a guy with NO physical health and never done serious err..ehxercise? it makes me feel very intimidated :(

Popoto.~<3

ROOOOIDS!!

Whenever I see someone weak at the gym for the first time, I applaud them (in my mind, of course). They're making an effort to change themselves for the better, and that's a good thing. Don't be intimidated.

ojdv.jpg

If you're gunna follow in his footsteps dont forget 'roids. :D

Trying out the GYM tonight, my only worry is other people because being a guy with NO physical health and never done serious err..ehxercise? it makes me feel very intimidated :(

Trust me Tim, nobody is going to give a [bleep] at all. If anything, they might actually offer advice (which might be embarrassing for you, but they probably mean it with the utmost kindness).

Leg day today. Stairs are now evil things.

ojdv.jpg