What did you do today?

Ouchy

Monday I did:

Squats 5x5x165

Bench 5x5x90

Deadlift 1x5x250

Yeah, just starting Stronglifts 5x5 (I'm aware that this isn't technically a Stronglifts workout, it should've been Push press instead of bench). Regardless, I love the feeling of increasing my squat every day. Being able to constantly progress, and just doing squats in general, I love working out so much now.

Today I swam and played a bit of water polo, so that tired me out nice and good.

For reference, I am 190lbs, 6'3". Definitely got a long way to go on every single on of my lifts. My goals are 200 squat in a month and a half, 300 deadlift in two, two and a half months. Note that I'm not just doing stronglifts, I'm also playing football, rugby, and hockey right now. However in a couple weeks, it'll be just hockey, 2 times a week. Can't wait to be able to dedicate time to working out, I can only find the time to do so during my fitness class. I have plenty of time to get my workout in, but the problem is that the schedule is a bit unreliable.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Had three rowing outings in the last three days after two weeks off due to "mystery killer virus" (baaad flu). The outing yesterday was a bit sloppy but today felt much better, felt like everyone was actually pushing all the way through. I have weights tomorrow morning then an erg (ah the joys of 2x30 mins...) tomorrow evening. Tuesday I will sleep lots and lots.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• 3 weeks later...

Swimming started today.

Basically got my ass kicked by the pool.

Never swam so much in my life.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Monday I did:

Squats 5x5x165

Bench 5x5x90

Deadlift 1x5x250

Three weeks later and I've only worked out twice since that workout, including my workout today. This is entirely because I've had a unit of swimming followed by a unit of health in my fitness class, but that's all done with, and it feels good to be working out again. Decided to reset my overhead press back to just the bar (dropped only 20 pounds total on it anyways), because my back was arching too much. Now I just have to make sure that I get in the core exercises that is part of the 5x5, which means paying the meager $20 to use my school's weight room at lunch.

So yeah, 5 (<2 weeks) workouts and I hit 200lbs for squat, which I'm expecting to be my bodyweight. That's pretty much my biggest landmark, squatting my own weight. Next after that is breaking 300lbs deadlift, which is hopefully in 6 weeks (7.5lbs every week, 45 lbs to go). Time to see if Stronglifts is what it claims to be.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Oh, just high school swim team.

It's the first week so that accounts for the soreness.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been to the gym in 2011 :thumbdown:

My shoulder was hurting back in 2010, it feels nice and fluid now though. I think I was pushing myself too hard to hit 200 by 2011 that I didn't stretch enough or take into account the pain in my shoulder urgh. So today I did absolutely nothing, but tomorrow I'm definitely hitting the gym in the afternoon and start up my routine again :thumbsup: Benching 200 lbs will be pushed back to summer 2011 (during). Wow, just thinking about doing a full body workout at the gym after not going for so long has got me all excited :ohnoes:

hiccup.png

My shoulder was hurting back in 2010, it feels nice and fluid now though. I think I was pushing myself too hard to hit 200 by 2011 that I didn't stretch enough or take into account the pain in my shoulder urgh. So today I did absolutely nothing, but tomorrow I'm definitely hitting the gym in the afternoon and start up my routine again :thumbsup: Benching 200 lbs will be pushed back to summer 2011 (during). Wow, just thinking about doing a full body workout at the gym after not going for so long has got me all excited :ohnoes:

I haven't been to the gym since mid October. :thumbup: But that's because the rowing season started to didn't need to. Although I wish I could go now...

Today I just had rowing. 50 min piece split into 20 mins and 30. Hate rowing when it's humid, sweat so bad...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

What IS your routine?

Popoto.~<3

I'm trying so hard to do 100 pushups in 2 sets (50x50) but i've only been managing to do 40x40x20 for the past 5 months. I should note though that I do real pushups, with my chest touching the ground every rep. I have friends who boast that they can do 75 reps in one set but when they show me I notice they hardly bring their elbows down to 90 degrees :shame:

So yeah, I've pretty much been doing pushups all day :mrgreen:

hiccup.png

Got two personal records today. Did a 1rm Deadlift at 425 lbs (failed the 445 lbs attempt) and a Bench press at 275 lbs (failed the 285 lbs attempt). Kind of cool as I never maxed out on a benchpress in over a year.

Now for fun, I could later use 50% of those 1rm weight in a 21-15-9 rep couplet for time. Basically, that means I use 210# deadlifts and 135# bench to do 21 reps of dl, 21 reps of bench, 15 reps of dl, 15 reps of bench, 9 reps of dl, 9 reps of bench as fast as I can. Makes for a short (3 to 5 minutes), but very intense workout (feels like you sprinted a mile).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited right now.

Swim season just finished and it's time to start training for parkour.

Hopefully me and a friend will train a few days a week until summer and then almost everyday in the summer.

PSYCHED!

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm trying so hard to do 100 pushups in 2 sets (50x50) but i've only been managing to do 40x40x20 for the past 5 months. I should note though that I do real pushups, with my chest touching the ground every rep. I have friends who boast that they can do 75 reps in one set but when they show me I notice they hardly bring their elbows down to 90 degrees :shame:

So yeah, I've pretty much been doing pushups all day :mrgreen:

Wow I'm a [bleep]ing MORON! I didn't mention this earlier but two weeks ago while doing pushups I tweaked my shoulder and I could barely move it for the next 2 days. Then I go bench the next day... I must've torn something right then and there. I've only been able to start doing upper body exercises three days ago, and even now my shoulder is acting up again :thumbdown: . This really sucks, as it's my first weight lifting related accident since I started this whole business (other than swore muscles) and I hate being set back ~1month due to one silly muscle. If I have a bum shoulder when I hit 40 i'm going to be really angry with 20 year old me.

Lesson; never do too many pushups two days in a row. Leave a 24 hour repair period or you'll screw something up.

hiccup.png

Well, training 8 times a week means we're all peaking at our physical fitness quite nicely but are consequently falling apart in between training sessions. Tonight was 8 x 500m on the rowing machine, weights tomorrow morning, two outings on Thursday etc. etc... Only two more weeks though before the big races and then I'll be done for a while and focus on weights again. And we'll probably start tapering our training soon anyway.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• 1 month later...

For about the past two weeks I've been working core, shoulders, chest, arms, and a little back here and there. Hurt me knee running a couple weeks back after my half marathon so I've been neglecting a cardio workout ever since so today I added 3 x 1000 meters on the rowing machine to my workout. I have to say I enjoyed it, I'm definitely going to keep in my workout routine now. :thumbup:

tFtfA.jpg

Damn leg workout yesterday nearly killed me. Was doing a 3rm of box squat, followed by 3x8 of bulgarian split squats, and then glute-ram raises. I started off with 265 lbs for the squat, which was a huge mistake, cause I did something like 9 sets, the last being 350x4. At that point I just stopped or I was gonna die.

6'0, 198 now though. Gained 23 pounds since November :smile:

jjroxlu7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very productive week overall. Really focused in on shoulders, chest, & back along with an extensive mix of cardio. The focus on upper body is due to me hurting me knee on a bike ride so hopefully it feels better after the weekend.

tFtfA.jpg