What did you do today?

Ouchy

I did something new today which worked well so I though I'd post it. Its like a pyramid but everything is in 3's which means I felt like I did a deceptive amount of reps because counting to 3 seems like not so much..:

Bench:

60kgx9x1

80kgx6x2

100kgx3x2

80kgx6x2

60kgx9x1

Curls:

27kgx9x1

37kgx6x2

42kgx3x2

37kgx6x2

27kgx9x1

Then I did some incline dumbell press and single arm curls

+push ups and pull ups till death

NICKELEY102.png

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the gym to change my programme today. Had a condition test (bike, 10 minutes), result was "very good", I scored 11 points above the average for my age (which doesn't say much, but made me a little bit proud because I was 5 below the average when I started :smile: ). After that I had my first Kinesis training, did an interval Steps training (15 minutes), some back and chest/shoulder exersises and after that I thought it was time to go home. In the official programme there's also an interval run and some small bicep-exersises.

Yesterday I had a 20KM run.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...

Did lots of bench press and upper body exercises this week, completely negligent on stretching and my legs. Now I'm sore whenever I move (including legs) and I lost lots of flexibility. I hereby announce to slow down on the weights and to supplement my workout with a lot more cardio and aerobics.

hiccup.png

• 3 weeks later...

k i'm gettin back into my weightloss mood. I went on a total fast food binge for a month. And while I technically still lost weight i coulda lost ALOT more >.>

So now I just do this everynight save tues night (my day off)

Run 1.5 miles

15 pushuups

20 reverse crunches

15 pushups

10 reverse crunches

10 oblique crunch twist things

30 dumbbell bicep curls (so 60 total for both arms(

20 "concentration dumbbell curls" thats what my ifitness calls them.

20 squats with the dumbells.

yeah i could do a lot more but i get so bored lol. dumbells are 14lbs each btw. not heavy ik

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Agh Saruman, at least introduce some bench press in there. And some back exercises :ohnoes:

Earlier today I beasted my way through an entire weeks workout, except cardio. I also got a wink from the most drop dead gorgeous girl at my gym (or it could have been directed to either one of my two friends, I have a feeling we'll be arguing about it for months to come). I also managed 50 chin ups in 3 sets *flexes*

hiccup.png

yh i have no bench L. and nothing to press with. And I know how important back exercises are, but I can't seem to find any. I'd gladly bench press. but give me that =\ because at this point I simply cannot afford a gym membership, and especially no money for hym equipment. If there are back exercises you can do with dumbells let me know :D but for now I'm just trying to NOT be like my family. They ate through an entire gallon of icecream, 2 pies, and a crap load of chips/soda. i had a small bowl of ice cream and like 20 chips. Partly because I felt guilty for drinking an entire liter of mt dew in the early afternoon at work XD

srsly though. I look through my ifitness and like a lot of the exercises need benches/angled benches etc. And I have no bench like material that mimics a bench. Heh. And my bed is too high off the ground to be of anyuse. but yh, to re-iterate I LOVE working out, but I'm so damn poor all I can afford are dumbells, so I'm just trying to make the best of what i have.

edit: just found a bunch of back exercises I can do with my dumbell. so ima do them XD

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Today was an Ab day so far as well as a little bit of back. I did lots of [cabbage] that I'm too busy to type out, although I really do need to make a schedule so I actually stick with exercising. I'm now 144 pounds, down from the 148 I was about a week and a half ago. I don't really want to lose weight, but it's proof that something's happening. It also probably means that I need more protein.

If anyone wants to link me to a decent beginner's program I'd love them for it. I've got a bench, dumbells and a pull-up bar at home, so I should be ok in terms of equipment.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 2 weeks later...

Okay people, soccer/football is OVER. Go back to the gym for godsake. I've been going to the gym 4 times a week lately, doing my general routine with some extra pushups and chinups with added weight.

hiccup.png

Went to the gym today, standard 5x5 workout (squats, deads, bench and press) with a few supplementary exercises thrown in at the end for good measure. Then went and played a pretty slow game of tennis doubles with some friends, and went rowing tonight in a double scull with my friend. Felt like we'd improved a lot since Saturday which was good.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I feel good. For the past couple weeks all I've done is pull-ups (my goal is able to do 20 in a set by my birthday, the 21st), push-ups, sit-ups and running.

Well, I've thrown in some squats, curls, and dips. But all the same, almost entirely body weight workouts, and most of them full-body. I feel good.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I've been working out four days a week since January. I like having the free time that summer gives, lets me stay in the gym for longer. The gym has become the only entertaining part of my life since I broke my leg, so I've been spending a lot of time there lately.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Squats, deads, and straight leg straight back deads with ball crunches at the end. Fridays suck

I think squats are my favorite and least favorite exercise at the same time. On one hand, it's a really tough exercise and it makes your legs much stronger. On the other hand, they make me feel like I'm gonna puke once I get to 8-10 reps of a set.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Heh, was doing my crunches when this over weight dude I'd seen there a few times walked up to the squat rack and put five 45lb plates on each side of the bar. He then proceeded to bend his knees EVER so slightly and then straighten them. Have fun with the [bleep]ed up knees bro

yes.png

I feel bad, I've done nothing for a loong time. I'm gonna start going to the gym again during the day, as I have two hour gaps a week between class.

I too am guilty of not working out, for the past 1-2 months to be exact. Just with everything going on, I dont have the time or investment to keep it up until I move out. Once I've moved out im investing in a pair of hand-weights and forcing myself to get healthy and have that flat, strong stomach I've wanted for years.

(Plus I seem to be a lot more active/happy whenever I'm away from home)

Popoto.~<3

Hey, I have an irrelevant question that I will make relevant.

Recently, I have been doing lower back exercises (see where i'm going?)

My lower back is KILLING me because I've been hunched over my CPU lately, does anyone have tips on how to heal quick? I went to the gym today and I nearly cried form the pain (which OBVIOUSLY isn't a good sign, I am aware of how stupid I am).

hiccup.png

Hey, I have an irrelevant question that I will make relevant.

Recently, I have been doing lower back exercises (see where i'm going?)

My lower back is KILLING me because I've been hunched over my CPU lately, does anyone have tips on how to heal quick? I went to the gym today and I nearly cried form the pain (which OBVIOUSLY isn't a good sign, I am aware of how stupid I am).

Get a professional massage and have your entire back done, with lower back focus. Feels amazing and helps with bad muscles so much. But you have to remember to try and not tense up. It makes it harder for your therapist to work you muscles, and it makes anything he/she does less effective. Also, in all honesty, going as many times as possible is best, especially if you're doing a lot of weight lifting or sports. Rugby destroys my back and neck, and a massage pretty much undoes any damage I do during the course of two/three games.

Best thing to do is improve your posture. No slouching, maintain a natural lumbar.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I have great posture it's just when I'm cracking brittle nerd necks on Starcraft 2 that I hunch over my desk. SO I guess I don't have great posture.

My back problems resolved themselves (nobody wanted to massage my lower back, they thought it was a trap) but thanks for the advice. If it ever gets really bad again I'll definitely splurge for a professional massage (but then the question becomes why have female friends if they won't massage you?)

hiccup.png

I have great posture it's just when I'm cracking brittle nerd necks on Starcraft 2 that I hunch over my desk. SO I guess I don't have great posture.

My back problems resolved themselves (nobody wanted to massage my lower back, they thought it was a trap) but thanks for the advice. If it ever gets really bad again I'll definitely splurge for a professional massage (but then the question becomes why have female friends if they won't massage you?)

Just so you know, you should be able to find a 45-60 minute massage for around $40-55. But yeah, the best way to fix back problems is fix whats causing them, ie bad posture, bad form when deadlifting/squating, etc. Stretching really helps after working out, certainly something I'd recommend. Particularly good are:

Sit down on the ground, legs out in front of you. Place your right foot just to the left of your LEFT knee, so that your knee is bent. Twist your body to your right, and put left arm on the right side of your right knee. Straighten your back and push against your knee with your elbow. You should feel this in your lower back/glutes/maybe even upper back. Reverse the position .

A second is to lie on your back, with your head on the floor. Bring one knee to your chest, pulling with your arms. Make sure to keep your head on the floor, switch legs.

A third is to lie on your back, spread your arms out to your side. Look to your right, then twist your lower body to your left, as if you're trying to touch your right knee to the floor on the left side of your body. If you don't feel any stretch, you can go further by trying to bring your right foot to your left hand. Always keep your back as straight as possible. And again, remember to switch sides/legs.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

My University gym has been getting remodeled for the past couple weeks before the new semester begins so I haven't been able to get to the gym. :( I'm going to try and go today and try and get in about an hour of cardio in, just to do something.

tFtfA.jpg